Experience Potions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hercules37, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Hercules37 New Member

It would be nice if the Experience Potions bought with Station Cash be made to transfer between your account Characters. It is a waste of money when you want to delete a character but don't want to throw away hard earned money doing it. Please consider in future updates.

Thank you.
    Pwnography likes this.
  2. Pwnography Augur

Hrm. This isn't a bad idea, really. Making expendable potions, such as the Bottle of Adventure III's, have the heirloom tag so they can be transferred via shared bank seem reasonable. I don't see any negative impact to station cash purchases (such as you might with ornaments, etc.)

If anything, this may be incentive to buy more, knowing that if you have excess they can be transitioned at a later time to that future alt you're never really going to get around to leveling or whatever.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

They used to be heirloom, it was changed due to an exploit. For whatever reason, instead of making a clone of the potion from the legacies gift pack claim, and then only having the one from that not heirloom, they made all potions no longer heirloom (people were making alts, claiming them, putting the potions in shared bank, then deleting the character, repeat, so could get up to 4995 potions on one character.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I thought they used to be heirloom too - thanks for the explanation Abazzagorath....weird that they made all the Bottles of adventure no trade rather than just the potion of adventure (which I think is what actually comes in the Gift of Legacies Lost). I haven't redeemed one in ages though to know what you get these days.
  5. Hercules37 New Member

They could of just made those no trade but opted to do them all to make more money from people having to delete them with the toon they no longer want.
  6. Crystilla Augur

I'm guessing very few people are actually deleting characters that are high enough to make using an experience potion worth it. Would think only low level characters get deleted more often (than high level characters).
    Aanuvane likes this.