Coming back! Again ...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chinghis, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Chinghis New Member

Hey, folks. I started playing back in 2001, played for a few years mainly on a Zek (Sullon), then drifted away. Came back a couple of years ago after F2P was introduced, and then drifted away again. My son is now old enough to play, and with a new machine, I got inspired to load up the game and give it a go again. And, once again, things are ... different.

I don't really have class or combo questions, as we'll never get to the raiding stage. Just something to do for a couple of hours after he gets out of school every once in a while. But I do have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to (easily) find an answer to, so I'm gonna use this thread to see if I can get some answers.

When I came back this time, I found that on my original account I'm now Silver. Seems that I have more character slots (4?) than does the free account that I made for my son to play. Is that because of Silver status?

Same with Mercs - I can hire up to Tier 5 apprentices, but he can only get up to T2.

Anything else that Silver does for me?

And, the UI. I noticed some red and green numbers under the Target box. I gather that they have something to do with aggro, right? Can't quite figure out what they mean, though.

Oh, and what's the Extended Target window? Well, I guess I get that it has everyone on the aggro list, right? But how does it work?

OK, that's it for now. I'm sure more will come to mind as we play more. Just FYI, we're playing a couple of Gnomes - an SK and Enchanter. I'm the Chanter; for a while, I had a Warrior just for fun, but for long term I realized that an Enchanter was a better way to go. And there's certainly a learning curve there, coming from someone who has always played Melees, Tanks, or Hybrids. Thanks, folks.
  2. Sebbina Augur

The family that gets addicted to Everquest together- I assume you have 2 computers close together so you can play as a team. The Bronze account is intended to allow folk to experience EQ, and hopefully enjoy it enough to become a paying player, the Silver allows folk who used to play a chance to come back and get addicted again or to stay in touch while going through financial tough times so they never get "Clean and Sober". You have noticed that Silver status has more then Bronze, there are a number of differences, but, they won't matter a lot until you get past 70.
    The Extended Target Window lets you know who and how many are on agro to your group, and you can quick target by clicking on your choice in that window to do stuff. There is far too much to the learning curve for a forum discussion, but I do suggest finding a friendly family type guild so there is some semi-ready access to information.
  3. Chinghis New Member

Yeah, our computers are right next to each other, so I can reel him back when he runs off away from a camp to kill something. That Extended Target window will make crowd control much easier, I have to say.

Thanks!
  4. Chinghis New Member

So, nothing on the aggro numbers? I refuse to plow through years of badly organized game updates, and it's a silly question to ask in chat.
  5. Demascuss Journeyman

There's been a lot of these "returning to EQ" posts....glad to see I'm not the only one...currently downloading the game client...I don't even remember what I have for toons or if they're even around any more. Kind of exciting :D
  6. Brenden McMarrin Apprentice

In the target window, if you're tanking there will be a red 100, thats your aggro. the green number is the next person below you in hates aggro in a number in relation to yours. In the group window there is an aggro number each persons name showing their general hate towards your current target.
  7. Chinghis New Member

Ah, thanks very much. Very helpful. I didn't even notice the aggro number in the group window, will have to take a look at that.