Songs of Anger

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Brexa, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Crowbeard Journeyman

I never said we weren't viable...I said MORE viable.
  2. ronald New Member

Hello again,
    Upon rezzing you have no mana to use any ability, oh let's just say, like fade- but! you can still swing a sword, albeit, slowly. You cannot play your songs that require high amounts of mana like the level 93, 98, and 103 spell haste focus immediately either which is what resurrection recovery feels like for a bard. They use the quick out of combat regen, yes, as a seasoned raider, you know that no matter how often you try to rest to this state you will still have to endure 5 minutes. When your mana regen is high enough, you can stand and cast songs that require the mana, like the aria which produces haste for the group just like the aura. Some bards have a hard time starting their melody with this song because their regen is too low by the first instants they are rezzed and trying to buff the group with song. The ability reflexive retort is also blocked from use until the bard's Endurance is pumped up (an ability for those bards lower than 100, it adds mana to the group for some endurance.) Caused by rolling effects like your clickables that add mana regen like the mini horn of unity. The abilities of a level 105 harbor more than just the knowledge of the simple songs the class has but of the combinations of all the trinkets they can use.
    We, ourselves, reach into the strength of our peers or see the weakness so we can counteract it by changing something about our character- a piece of equipment, a weapon, a certain song, etc., whichever is more beneficial! Having the utility is worth the "weakness" it doesn't mean we are weak. It means we aren't as strong as other classes. We can be more damaging in the 'other' way, by increasing your monk friend's overall dps by a magnitude, sure, say that magnitude makes his character twice as good, or almost as. Then you've already replaced your spot with only your spells. The key is multipliers.
    Where is the strength? for example- Flurry speed, amount of hits per second is still high, the damage is moderate at best. Love this aspect of the bard for combat abilities that heal your target's target or the group itself. If you know you have a low melee cap, go for the most speed! Put a layer of magical effects on top of that~ and as if we don't spill all of our secrets, because that's also where the power of the bards of old came from~ making it open trivializes the power of bards to a certain standard- then the new bards emerge that do things that are exceeding the status quo- a pattern that is accepted by veterans of the trade.

~Maestro Kaesi
    Crowbeard likes this.
  3. Romance Augur

Can we have a new forum, I suggest the name to be "Crowbeards Corner" or "Crowbeard Explains it All"

All in favor?
    Bard, Marike and Aldren like this.
  4. Marike Elder

Do any of you guys even play a bard?
  5. Romance Augur

No :(
  6. Aldryn Another New Member

Bro, do you even Bard?
    Brexa, Bard and Marike like this.
  7. Derd Augur

Play one most everyday, if you want to try to get something changed ask them to remove our cap on melee to 75 percent of warrior dps. Other than that leave us alone.
  8. Crowbeard Journeyman

Bard likes this.
  9. Crowbeard Journeyman

Hello again, and thank you for your comment. I do appreciate you keeping a civil discussion about this unlike others that have posted here. Thank you.

You are correct in stating that we have no mana and we do lose the ability to cast fade or the other songs that require mana. However, you would have the same effect with nothing but an endurance bar as well. Making the bard and endurance based class would take away the having to wait for both mana AND endurance to use abilities/songs after a death. Also, this would allow for the Devs to make it so we could regen our endurance better as we help others regen as well. Bards should also have an after death melody line, as well as use Aura of Va'Ker / Aura of Salarra if needed. True that Reflexive Retort is not usable, but that should just go to show that we need better endurance regen, because Thousand Blades / Deft Dance are not usable either.

I get that we are there to help boost others, believe me I get that. But other classes can do the same, maybe not to the same degree of bards, but they can. However, I feel as I've stated previously. Changing the class to an endurance based class will help iron out wrinkles in our class that really aren't needed. No other classes mana regen (ie. Paragon, Quiet Miracle, and others) don't work on us. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think some of our own songs work on us unless we are out of combat and in a resting state.
  10. Medly New Member

I think Crowbeard just wants to play a rogue and doesn't want to admit it.
  11. Bard New Member

Dear Crowbeard, keep fighting the good fight one day you will reap the rewards of your yellow mana. It will be a great victory for those of us who hate the color blue, and those left standing can sing songs
    about your epic victory over hardship and blue endurance. Sincerely, Iusedtoplayabard
    Romance, Crowbeard and Aldren like this.
  12. Marike Elder

Can someone be this insistent about getting us a TDS upgrade to Dissonant Chord? Preferably someone who has purchased it.
    Aldren likes this.
  13. Crowbeard Journeyman

Naw.. I love playing a Bard. A Bard's shenanigans are cheeky and fun. A Rogue's shenanigans are cruel and tragic, which wouldn't make them shenanigans at all, really. Evil Shenanigans!!
  14. Jyve Augur

Was brought up years ago, and if it had been endurance instead of stamina, that's probably how it would be implemented at first.
    but...
    all things considered.
    I'd rather none of this was ever even looked at.
    We'd risk ending up losing more than we'd gain.
  15. Jyve Augur

Wait, I just looked, Shadowknight, that's the same thing, right?
    Lifeshriek likes this.
  16. Enkile New Member

The only issue I have with going to 1 Bar is this. - At the moment on my 105 Bard (half T2 RoF raid gear and half CotF T3 Group gear) i have 80k End, and 77k Mana - total of 157K I can use from for either AA's or Song or whatever is needed - I would rather have 2 bars to pull from that have some what of a mix to work with. So that there is more to use than to have to use just either the 80k or the 77k bar alone.... Because if we take away the Mana bar it is not going to help get more for the End bar.. it will just stay the same. Along with when we die we don't get regen on either very well. But what we do get is2 Bars that are regening - making 2x the speed (I know it's not the same speed but for simplification lets say it is). Now we have the ability to pull from both bars and not having to use all our skills from one. Granted yes some skills are used in one and some in the other, but we are not having to take all from one and having to wait on just that one to do all of our abilities. Also taking one bar away would not make us a Hybrid..... just my 2cents as that's all i have.... i'm poor - i'm a bard...
  17. Crowbeard Journeyman

Hello and thank you for your post.

I know how you feel on the gear. I am pretty much the same on my bard: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3094786

However, I have a different outtake on the 2 bars situation. Where you think it makes things twice as fast, I see it as it takes twice as long. Here's why. When we as bards die, like other classes, we lose both our bars. However, no other mana regen or endurance regen works on us. The only thing that adds any sort of "boost", are our chorus lines.

Lets say this. We die and we get a rez. Now we have to med up and get back in the fight. So as you say we have two bars to pull from, but this is more of a hindrance. Lets say you get back to the fight and you have about 3k mana and endurance (just for numbers sake). Our insult line by itself costs 2400 mana.

[IMG] Fjilnauk's Insult Rk. II

Description
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 4491
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 2409
    Skill:
    Brass
    Casting Time: 3
    Recast Time:
    Fizzle Time: 0
    Resist:
    Magic
    Range: 150
    Time of Day: Any
    Push Back:
    Fizzle Adj: 118
    Deletable:
    No
    Interruptable: Yes
    Timer ID:
    Target Type: Single
    Spell Type:
    Detrimental
    Category: Targeted Ae Dmg
    Source:
    Live 11/17

Also, our ONLY DPS disc, Thousand Blades, costs 60 endurance a second for 1 minute. Thats 3600 endurance lost. But, since we don't regen like others and since our regular melee dps is below subpar, we can only use each once. Then in order for us to gain any more of a "healthy" mana/endurance pool, we have to fade out of combat and sit in a corner to get in to a rested state.

You see it as faster, I see it as taking twice as long. If they removed the mana bar, made endurance regen count for more instead of listening to melee user's cry about how they can't solo. Boo freak'n Hoo, cry me a river. I've stated before that it wouldn't be hard to implement easier ways to regen endurance, I just wish SOE would just open their eyes and see how neglected this class has become.
  18. fransisco Augur

What you're describing is a big bard buff for no other reason than you basically want a buff.
    Can rangers get backstab too?
  19. Brexa New Member

Hello all,

Well, now you've got me back on the forums to discuss what has happened in time since the first post.
    *An address to the state of bard nukes. Increased damage was mentioned in patch notes today.

1. BrexaShrieks an insult vs Brexa shrieks an insult. Still needs that fix.

2. Ignoring nukes. Bards that ignore the nukes perform better. This is an issue. Its like giving the class a disease or taking away an arm. The risk of sacrificing the time to buff the group is starting to outweigh any possible outcome of damage.

3. In testing, the song is actually still very much exactly the same. In fact, I think it might be a little bit worse! The way I see the damage song, is that it has a wide range of damage- So! from my testing I feel the high cap is too low for it to be hitting for a low amount - EVEN SOMETIMES.
    Does 68k.
    With epic on and abilities a rank 1 level one hundred and five nuke that does 92k is insufficient. 3 second cast for a maximum of 92k damage with only self benefits is more of an "insult" to the class.
    When you have angry bards and you don't have a 'bard' person fix it- we all get angrier.
    First cast 3634 damage (right?)
    second cast 92298 damage w/ Ethereal powersource
    third cast 92958 damage w/ new caster powersource
    Fourth-. 22k
    Fifth- 22k
    Sixth- 92k
    Seventh....
    Xth..... after this point it doesn't matter what number the damage is, there were no twincasts in the testing which is what I wanted to see.
    So, I've watched them change the formula for how bards do their damage, still, it is not right, it doesn't feel right, it feels bad.
    Our damage is not an insult anymore. Its a joke. At that, a bad one that isn't even remotely funny.
    It makes me angry.

Personal high nukes at level 100-
    129k Double
    167k Single
    So, while angry , I need to ask questions outright.

Q: Do the play testers leave the bard songs on when test it?

When you do, know that the songs don't do anything for bard's raw damage. The focus songs do not mention anywhere on there that we can't have a "Group" of bards. The language is befuddled- "Group members" actually includes the bard. Other group members might reference another bard in your group, it needs to read "Amplifies the effects of non-bard fire damage over time spells."

Q: Will that specific bard have all the active abilities that maximize personal damage? Will the song stand on its own without modification?

Unless if you live in Norrath, don't expect another bard to be perfect. Minus all the trinkets and spell damage bonuses- we are looking at critical damage rates vs. normal hits. Also, twincasts. Twincasts, did I mention we can twincast these nukes? Wait, people, you were not aware of the bard twincast? Nobody should be surprised. It is because 'chance' twin-casting nukes doesn't happen enough. EPIC + FE + Glyph of destruction or glyph of cataclysm = HUGE nukes potentially for bard, taking the focus out of group damage and into personal damage should equate correctly. (I.E. 8.75 seconds to recast a song entirely that does 22k damage average is almost 3000 damage per second. However, after 5.75 seconds you can cast a lower rank nuke if it is not on the same timer to burst more deeps, after 8.75 seconds there is a chance that both of these nukes will twincast with the personal benefits on as well as group benefits for spells. Fierce eye is replaced with the Enchanter's Illusions of Grandeur for top damage-their 2nd spire for added damage then auras the chance to twin cast feels normal under these conditions. 1/15 casts should be twin. Suppose in those 8.75 seconds we get the most benefits for our damage, how much would it be?

LV 105 125k x2 = 250k
    LV 100 112k x2 = 224k

474k/8.75 = 54171.43~ damage per second

54kdps. For a maximum value- this is enough?
    No. An increase of approximately 101.2%

Projected ultimate maximum
    LV 105 167x 2 = 334k
    LV 100 124x 2 = 248k

66.6k dps approx from just the nukes. Far below a 'real' damage class' average.

Here, I am not stating to solely increase the damage, that is not what I'm stating. Here I am stating the possibilities this one specific song might have. If the median nuke has been brought down too low, the slot will be filled with an automated spell, where players with high skill realize it is not worth it to use- then this song will no longer matter because the class has been brutalized into the states where it neglects the extremes of playing --- with skill. My answer is no, the song doesn't stand on its own.

Q: I thought SPELL DAMAGE in the hands of a bard has a different multiplier for damage.

You can think what you want, but, this part is ignored for bards. No. It is no different. They could have a fix by having the Spell damage stat work as a magnitude instead of a volume. Static damage added to arcane anthem line songs from Spell damage makes it so we don't even look at using the nukes.
    I expect my nuke to land somewhere between 20-22k. It is for the parts of a fight where the mob is not yet to group- use the extra range to use this dps song. Also use this damage song when you already have your full melody playing and your current monster is between a 1/4 and 1/5 of hp. However, the 21k damage is from a 20k nuke with added damage. The spell damage seems like an afterthought based on critical damage. The critical is 61k. instead of 63k***
    Everquests' spell damage is calculated this way for a bard & it doesn't make sense.
    The work put into a stat like spell damage must yield an advantage from it.
    ****Not like adding 1 point of damage per 5 strength or something silly like that.
    Note the critical hits can be more than three times the original and up to eight times the damage- the SD is added to a critical, instead of having the base value multiplied into the critical hit.
    Nobody is giving a clarification about this, it is found out on our own or learned at the level we are given these songs. Extra players help me provide examples.^^^

They read 4491 on the song scroll, hits for around 20k and critical hits between 60 and ?130k... Really?

The field will provide me more uses for damage songs, whoops, I mean, damage 'jingles'.

~ Brexa

p.s. TL:DR - If I have to refocus my attention away from the group to do damage- it should be worth it!

p.p.s. Bard for hire.
  20. Brexa New Member

An outraged guard on 12/7/2014 in 322sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 6810010 (100%) @ 21149 dps (21149 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 2689106 @8403dps
    Brexa + pets
    --- DMG: 6810010 (100%) @ 21149 dps (21149 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 2644216 @8263dps
    A dragorn mendicant
    --- DMG to PC: 44890 @6413dps

Max hit 95330.