Parrot Aug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Zantor Augur

Is there a way we can get more AC on this aug, 40 just is not enough for tanks, is great for my mage and shammy, like a class specific type, that would give it more AC but less HP and heal amt and spell dmg? Otherwise as a SK, this aug is useless to me. My lowest AC aug I am using at the moment is 44AC An aug of this caliber and the pain it is to get it, most feel around 52 AC is appropiate. I thought this was suppose to be an upgrade to the Hero's Calling aug, but it is not nearly as good as it is.
    Dibab and Bigstomp like this.
  2. Brudal Augur

+Attack would be a welcome addition as well.
  3. Pulgrey Elder

or simply a multiple award selection like was done during RoF/VoA.... a reward with stats geared towards a caster, a tank, a hybrid, and a general middle-of-the-road one. Let the person pick whichis best for their toon...
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I guess it depends on what you consider most important, I would use that over a couple 44 ac augs, and some of the 45 ac augs as it gives more Heroics, and gives to stats that many are no longer maxed in, and has a large amount of hp/mana.

At that point not to sound mean, but I guess everything isn't made for everyone depending on their priorities.
  5. Chandrok Augur

There are no plans at this time to increase the stats on this item, or to split it into separate versions.
  6. Maeryn Augur

Primary: many AC options if a raid weapon, BiC for Slot 4 or optionally proc and/or damage
    Secondary: Soul of the Grandmaster, clearly best, augs with a * are other options
    Charm: Stone of the Landing with most T1-2 RoF progression done best, Heroic Characters get two 30ac and one 20ac option, Dragons^3 with 3+ years /played and then misc other bad options

So 18-20 of these 26 augs depending on having Soul and choice of Primary aug with more AC than maxed Parrot 40ac 6hDex 6hAgi 6hStr

With tanking heroics
    1. Whatever version of Shawl aug up to 55ac 8hDex 8hAgi
    2. Romance's Runic Rampart 52ac 8hDex
    3. Token of the Waveswept 50ac 8hAgi
    4. Hero's Calling 48ac 8hDex 8hAgi 8hStr
    5. Sage's Light 48ac 8hDex
    6. Flamelicked Geode 48ac 8hAgi
    7. Plane of War raid aug 45ac 8hSomething
    8. Plane of War mission aug 45ac 8hSomething
    9. Darklight Emblem 45ac 8hDex
    10. Herald's Glyph 45ac 8hDex
    11. *Dancing Rune 45ac 8hAgi
    12. Multifaceted Gem of Cowardice 45ac 8hAgi
    13. Noble's Blood 44ac 8hDex
    14. Glowing Eternal Shard 44ac 8hDex
    15. Limestone Oddity 44ac 8hDex
    16. Spellstone of the Mistress 44ac 8hAgi
    17. Sliver of Fear 44ac 6hDex
    18. *Siren's Stone 43ac 8hDex
    19. Pakjol's Appetite for Destruction 42ac 8hDex
    Without tanking heroics
    1. Fragment of Tenacity 52ac
    2. *Red Dragon Scales 50ac
    3. Lizardman Warding Charm 50ac
    4. Tumbled Jasper 45ac
    5. Stone of Dark Sorcerery 44ac
    6. *Shard of Frozen Time 42ac
    7. Inflexible Scale 42ac
    Same as someone might prefer 2/4/5ac over 18 tanking Heroics someone might prefer 2hDex over 6hAgi 6hStr so another 6 options, at a further extreme there are augs with 8hDex or 8hAgi with less than 40ac but I won't bother listing those.
    1. 14th Anniversary reward aug 40ac 8hSomething
    2. Frozen Orb of the Fabled King 40ac 8hSomething
    3. Stone of the Crystal Circle 40ac 8hSomething
    4. Barrier of Coalesced Clouds 40ac 8hDex
    5. *Crushed Hope 40ac 8hDex
    6. *Clump of Concentrated Ethernere 40ac 8hAgi
    A total of 33 augs including Parrot for at fewest 18 slots so augs with 45+ ac and 8 or more tanking heroics are safe, unless you factor in HP or some even less relevant stat, in alphabetical order with 40ac removed the other 21 augs to make it easier to compare:

14th Anniversary reward aug 8hSomething
    Barrier of Coalesced Clouds 8hDex
    *Clump of Concentrated Ethernere 8hAgi
    *Crushed Hope 8hDex
    Fragment of Tenacity 12ac
    Frozen Orb of the Fabled King 8hSomething

Glowing Eternal Shard 4ac 8hDex
    Inflexible Scale 2ac
    Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Parrot 6hDex 6hAgi 6hStr
    Limestone Oddity 4ac 8hDex
    Lizardman Warding Charm 10ac

Noble's Blood 4ac 8hDex
    Pakjol's Appetite for Destruction 2ac 8hDex
    *Red Dragon Scales 10ac
    *Shard of Frozen Time 2ac
    *Siren's Stone 3ac 8hDex

Sliver of Fear 4ac 6hDex
    Spellstone of the Mistress 4ac 8hAgi
    Stone of Dark Sorcerery 4ac
    Stone of the Crystal Circle 8hSomething
    Tumbled Jasper 5ac

For some it's a clear choice among those 21, for others is a different clear choice, for some it's whatever augs they get first and don't spend the time chasing others and/or pass on looting them if they do drop. Regardless of what stats Parrot "should" have, here is a summary of the tank augs that someone might have obtained by now and most of the augs can currently be obtained.
    Evercluck and Belkar_OotS like this.
  7. guado Augur

I can only hope whatever the reward is for this group mission being released on 12/17 includes a similar stat aug that is appealing to melee and tanks.
    Lisandra and Ratbo Peep like this.
  8. Kiillz Augur

HMMM group mission? what I miss Guad
  9. guado Augur

Check it out
  10. Kiillz Augur

nice....now to get some more progress done for the parrot too.
  11. Dibab Augur

So basically a screw you to tanks and almost a slap in the face for the work/time it takes to max it.
    Fenudir likes this.
  12. Drayze Elder

How about adding a quest line that combines the 2 Jonas augs into one? Could maybe make this the non trade skill version of the shawl aug in future expansions.
  13. Belkar_OotS Augur

Fun idea, and would make for an excellent aug and add replay value to older content. All wins in my book.
  14. Goth Augur

what should the AC be? 45, 50, 55, 60?

What difference would 5-20 AC be?

Either side you argue it dont make much difference if it is 40 or 60?

However, IMO, why not make it more?

It still a pretty good aug for all classes. I dont think 5+ more AC will make much difference other than higher number on magelo.
  15. Fenudir Augur

Why would you want more attack on it? As a rule, we're already way overcapped on attack anyway.
  16. Brudal Augur

When your attack cap is only 760 it is relatively easy to cap out. My attack cap is currently 870 with another rank of Heroic Fortitude available. To hit that I have to run outdated augs with attack and every worthwhile type 3 attack aug.

Group gear has much less attack, so they will not be able to hit 880 cap.
    Behelit likes this.
  17. Maeryn Augur

Involved aug "quests" that don't likely have as much AC as your worst aug (or Charm aug it replaces) if you're an AC biased tank:
    1. Scrykin 10 in 2006
    2. Coldain 14 in 2006
    3. Chalice 15 in 2006
    4. Otherworld 10 in 2006
    5. Jonas Hand 15 in 2007
    6. Ak'Anon 5 in 2007
    7. Celestine 18 in 2007
    8. Obsidian 20 in 2007
    9. Fallen 20 in 2008
    10. Dark Soul 25 in 2008
    11. HZ Voidsoul 15 in 2010
    12. HZ Dungeon 0 in 2010
    13. HZ Skal 0 in 2011
    14. HZ Udumbara 28 in 2013
    15. Parrot 40 in 2014
    Involved aug "quests" that likely have as much AC as your worst aug (or Charm aug it replaces) if you're an AC biased tank:
    1. Wayfarer 10 in 2003
    2. BiC up to 18 in 2004
    3. Slipgear 10 in 2005
    4. Wanderlust 12 in 2006
    5. Valthun 15 in 2007
    6. Oculus 25 in 2007
    7. Bayle 32 in 2008
    8. Frozen 40 in 2012
    9. Landing 42 in 2012
    10. Sliver 44 in 2012
    11. Shawl up to 55 in 2012
    12. Hero 48 in 2014
    So basically until 2007 you would expect low AC but "high" HP/Mana since AC + HP augs were really rare up until that point even setting bars at 10ac and 50hp so something like Otherworld or Jonas was "crazy good stats".

Later in 2007 the Noble's Causeway HZ aug was 10ac 50hp, at least arguably a better tank aug than Ak'Anon which came out earlier that year.

SoD in 2008 is a throwback of sorts with "only" 20 and 25ac along with the 32ac and then for the next few years the most involved aug "quests" involve sets of hotzones and all 4 of those pretty much suck for tanks at the time they come out.

Then RoF in 2012 sees the return of aug "quests" and those and Hero from CotF all had very good or better AC when the aug came out.

Then Parrot which is most similar to Oculus (aka Face aug) where it wasn't unusual for it to replace a 25ac 0-25hp aug on an AC biased tank so while Oculus was most likely an upgrade the complexity of the quest suggested higher AC than could be found on non-lore RSS and Dreadspire augs and the following expansion the Oculus was quite possibly banked or destroyed by AC biased tanks.

If it was based on more recent augs, throwing out Shawl as an outlier, 40-44 in RoF and 48 in CotF would all suggest 50-52 in TDS. RoF having most of the potential precedents:
    1. Shawl up to 55 <----
    2. Herald 45
    3. Cowardice 45
    4. Sliver 44 <----
    5. Eternal 44
    6. Limestone 44
    7. Sorcerery 44 (typo not mine)
    8. Mistress 44
    9. Landing 42 <----
    10. Pakjol 42
    11. Inflexible 42 (must... not... make... joke)
    12. Frozen 40 <----
    13. Circle 40 (involved-ish)
    14. Crushed 40
    15. Unseen 39
    16. Vitalizing 38
    17. Charcoal 33
    18. Moonstone 32
    While in TDS you have
    1. Tenacity 52
    2. Romance 52
    3. Waveswept 50
    4. Lizardman 50
    5. Dancing 45
    6. Siren 43
    7. Parrot 40 <----
    So not only do you have a massive reduction in the amount of augs and involved aug quests but the worst goes from 89% of the best directly lootable aug and better than 4 tank(-ish) augs to 77% of the best aug and better than 0 tank(-ish) augs and needing to rely on other stats to make it desirable or of course someone can choose not to use it even in the expansion it comes out.

Fixing Sorcerery might make the Jan patch, priorities.
  18. Zantor Augur

On beta it was 52 AC, what everyone was expecting it to be, why they nerfed it on live I have no clue on. But it seemed to be an upgrade to the hero's calling aug that had 48 AC, 275 HP mana and end, +8 Hstats to all 5 major ones, 2 Hp regen, 2 mana regen, 2 end regen, 15 to heal amt, spell dmg and clairovance. And Hero's Calling is WAY easier to get then the parrots aug. Has more HP mana and end to it, other then that, it has less stats which makes no sense to me at all.

I hope the devs in charge of this takes the time to reevaluate this aug.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

It's like his skeletal hand. Tanks may or may not wear it for 2 weeks (depending on augs) before outgrowing it. Other classes will keep it for a while.

I don't like it, but it does have prior precedent for a massive effort to get an aug being useless to one archtype.
    Axxius likes this.
  20. Goth Augur

Yea makes no sense to me... I agree..

i dont think the AC reduction makes much difference so why reduce it?