105 Wizard DPS Weave

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mtndew, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Mtndew New Member

Checking to see what some of you have set as your Highest DPS spell line ups using the New 105 spells and if your binding, what is your Primary Nukes vs Mini Nukes?? Thanks
  2. Brohg Augur

3. Mtndew New Member

Brohg are those the level 105 spells, if so not recognizing the names on that link other than ethereal weave
  4. Sancus Augur

The spells in the original post are wrong; the subsequent posts have suggestions that should be correct. To my knowledge nothing changed in wizard spell lineups 100->105, so if they're 100 spells, all you have to do is find the 105 versions (which have nearly the same names).
  5. svann Augur

It greatly depends on what new focusses you have gotten.
    I am now using:
    magmatic burst 104
    claw of the flamewing 103
    wildflash barrage 101 (not the best dps but very mana efficient)
    ethereal weave 100 (L105 version is bugged and doesnt get the 20% haste from quick damage aa)
    ethereal skyblaze 105
    flashchar 104

These choices are based on parsing individual spells against the target dummy and dividing average damage per cast by timecost to cast (casttime + GCD).
  6. Sancus Augur

This debate ocurred on the linked thread, so I'm going to try not to repeat it here. Theoretically this is the order of wizard spells DPS wise, assuming all of your foci are equal (basically everything is T2 or T3 TDS):
    1. Cloudburst Stormstrike
    2. Magmatic Burst
    3. Ethereal Skyblaze
    4. Ethereal Rimeblast
    5. Ethereal Flash
    6. Claw of the Flamewing*
    *With the chance to recourse twincast, proc harvest, etc, Claw most definitely belongs in your lineup

I didn't include Ethereal Weave/Fuse because they aren't really weavable spells due to mana, but they'd come out first (not sure which is higher because quick damage isn't working on fuse correctly).

With this being said, svann and others have brought up concerns that Cloudburst is lower DPS in real world settings. I can't really definitively say either way, but purely mathematically, cloudburst *should* win.
  7. Silentchaos Augur

Depends on the spell rks and gear (specifically legs, arms, bp, gloves, hat).
  8. Mtndew New Member

Probably should have been a little more specific, this is for a Test character with a mixture of rof/cotf raid armor with all augs. As for the lineup mentioned about I have never used a AE spell in my lineup and don't really see the need for it...enlighten me please. With lvl 100 spells im hitting high 260k on crits and I am looking for at least the same some type of improvement with the 105 line
  9. Mtndew New Member

I don't have a gameparse, so i may need to download now with the xpac so new and everyone else experimenting for the best dps
  10. Ravengloome Augur

CBT claw ethereal fire ethereal ice.

I've never experimented with rains on single targets but multiples it's

Splash beam rain

One thing to keep in mind is the horrible resist mod on the rains though.
  11. Brohg Augur

1) you're missin' out man, it's good times. Ought to slot right in right after Claw unless there are mezzed mobs.

2) when you mention multiples, it's pretty important to say how many. The AE Splashes (Phenocrysts & Pyroxene aren't linked) and Beam and Self-Destruction are only higher damage than rain at four or more targets. When you're hitting five, the target AE Flamelocked Pillar does work. The regular old pb ae Corona of Flame needs eight, but has unlimited scaling which is nice in rare spots.

Since level 64, Planes of Power, the magma rains have been lures.

Magmatic Burst Rk. II
    Resist:Fire
    Resist Adjust:-300
  12. svann Augur

I could be wrong, but I think they changed that some time ago. Anyhow if you are 99 or above you should use the magmatic line, imo.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Well Ill be damned... what the hell was i thinking of then lol.

Edit: O i was thinking of the 96/101 fire rain not magmatic, that was total derp.
  14. Brohg Augur

Yeah, those are good damage but don't get recommended much for actual use. Same with the ice