SOE network connection

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pulgrey, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Pulgrey Elder

I am a boxer, while moving 6 toons, only 1 is experiencing this issue.

I am using business grade dual DSL, verified with my ISP there are no speed/connection issues. My router is set to DMZplus mode on this machine, with my firewall set to allow eqmain full access. Having no issues using google.. yahoo...facebook..or playing other games.....IE no connection issues on my end that I can find.

this is during a "freeze" while zoning.

Invariably when I use the task manger to "end task", then restart, I am getting the "you have an active character..." error ( odd since, obviously is isn't, as noted by toon on both sides of the zoneline not seeing the frozen toon=P) and gets interspersed with being booted to log in screen and told to repatch (hah!) then password not verified (okay...) before again getting to server selection screen and getting the active toon error, before finally getting back ingame.

not sure what all your smoking but, can ya send me some =-D
  2. Pulgrey Elder

3. Pulgrey Elder

4. Pulgrey Elder

while loading in 6 toons... one of them coughed up this.

So , 5 EQ sessions have no issue connecting (and moving around/casting/banking/what ever) but just the one can't seem to connect (same one who keeps having issues...)

Odd that this keeps happening to the same account despite multiple sessions using the same files/connections.
  5. Pulgrey Elder

and bounced to server selection screen just before entering world... again...
  6. Pulgrey Elder

AND AGAIN bounced to log in screen/server selection screen multiple times before finally making it ingame.

ISP still saying everythings good, speed testing is at max speed, firewall not reporting any issues, router still working fine with nothing on it's log.
  7. Pulgrey Elder

8. Pulgrey Elder

9. Pulgrey Elder

failed...dropped to log in screen...
    BOOM in on toon 2 (toon 1 logging in first try)
    toon 3 and..

play some with toon 1 and 2. Watch netflix...youtube...

FINALLY sucess!!
    Zone...

Seriously... talked to a number of other folks having the same issues. If I can use 10+ PCs playing other games at the same time while running streaming video/skype with my ISP with out a hitch...pretty certain the issue is not on my end here guys.

Fairly certain is has something to do with
    as that always pops up. I can't do anything on my end to connect any better
  10. Pulgrey Elder

11. Davinuis New Member

Having this issue as well, anyone been able to login yet?
  12. Pulgrey Elder

The odd part for me is I have 2-4 other toons up, this is happening repeatedly to just a few accounts I have.

I am starting to wonder, since the big SOE hack some time back, they changed the log in to not returning a bad password but instead timing out (sending no response) and some of the errors I get when dropped to server selection/log in screen is to rerun patcher (obviously have and don't need to again, already ingame playing on other toons) I am wondering if this "WorldAuthenticate" server is the same as the log in server, and that it is having issues retrieving data files (for what ever reason) and thus letting the response timer run out (hence the "server:DisconnectReasonNone")

but that is just a guess on my part. Only SOE can figure it out and do something about it. At a guess though "other people are currently playing so everything must be working" is their line of thinking (or at least the 1 GM I have talked to told me that, haven't had a response from anyone else)

So, thank you Davinuis for showing, it is not just me =)
  13. Davinuis New Member

Not a problem Pulgrey, Its like this with all my accounts, (3 in total, and my wifes account) Is this something just Test server related or Live as well? Gonna try that now.
  14. Davinuis New Member

@Pulgrey well that was the fastest troubleshoot I've ran, its both versions of EQ for me. Kinda sucks because I had just gotten a new player to start playing EQ and they were enjoying it but we were playing as a group so they probably won't play until we're able to again lol.. SONY DEVS Wake up and help us out!
  15. Pulgrey Elder

16. Pulgrey Elder

17. Pulgrey Elder

woot , managed to get past the world authenticate server.. just to be blocked by the zone server....

Still taking upwards of 30+ minutes to finally get ingame, and heaven forbid if I need to zone on the accounts that are having issues.
  18. Pulgrey Elder

get AAAAALMOST to being ingame, and blocked at the last by... hey suprise suprise.. the world authenticate server.

And as usuall "you have an active character already" error... hey lets make the guy wait another minute after failing to connect him, just to show we care!
  19. Pulgrey Elder

20. Pulgrey Elder