Double Station Cash is the New Black (Friday)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

Sony Online Entertainment is kicking off the holiday shopping season with two fantastic promos: Double Station Cash on Black Friday and In-Game Marketplace Deals on Cyber Monday!

To start, this Friday, November 28th, when you buy Station Cash on the web, in-game, or with an SOE Game Card, the amount of Station Cash you get will be doubled! Double Station Cash will only awarded between 12:00am PST (U.S.) to 11:59pm PST, so don’t miss out!

Check back this weekend to see what special deals we're offering All Access members for Cyber Monday.

Happy Holidays from the gaming elves at Sony Online Entertainment!

*Cyber Monday deals and All Access member benefits apply only to SOE titles currently included in All Access. Promotion does not include Landmark, Dragon’s Prophet, or DC Universe Online (PSN Version).
  2. Fendy Augur

And for those of us that are less commercial during the holidays will we enjoy a double exp weekend from Black Friday thru Cyber Monday? Please!
  3. Dibab Augur

roshen said in a dif post there isnt any double xp this weekend sadly
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What did we learns this past year?

Moniesss > your XP.
    Dibab likes this.
  5. Fabex36 New Member

we got 1000 SC reward to claim, if we go All access today ? or just 500 ...
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

This promotion will not affect the All Access 500 SC claim.
  7. Nostradamus New Member

I just redeemed a Station Cash card from Walmart.
    I got 30 days membership plus 500 SC.. just like I would any other day.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Today is not Friday.
  9. Mtndew New Member

No Double XP on a Holiday......Thats BS!!!!!!!
  10. Peku Journeyman

I found a couple of game cards for 1500--hope to see 3000 SC on Friday!
  11. Derd Augur

Well they did really hide the fact that its a BLACK FRIDAY sale.... sigh
  12. Bigbear Augur

Its funny that the last true double SC day was just over a year and a half ago and its follows the worst expansion in eq history.

Well i am still voting with my wallet...didnt buy TDS and wont be buying any SC either. Unless the devs fix all the things that wasnt broke to begin with
    Geroblue and Kravitz like this.
  13. Kravitz Augur

They have never had a Black Friday sale that I can think off. So this seems like they need fill their cash reservoir for the quarter before upper management gets too upset. I would expect a lot more Marketplace and SC/game card sales in the future. Their yearly earnings is going to be down considerably is why they are pushing these more often. May even see a triple SC day at some point, and we haven't had those in a few years.

Remember those flash sales from 2 years ago they used to run them quite often? Stopped seeing those, so expect those to come back again as well.
    Geroblue and Bigbear like this.
  14. Zabber New Member

Woot! I'm a bit happy to see double station cash. Time to wait for the whole shebang and get on with the shindig. I hope to see Double XP on X-Mas if it's not for Thanksgiving. Also Happy Holidays to all.
  15. Bigbear Augur

Actually last year there was a black friday sale. U got 30% discount when u purchased SC from the website. But things must be getting tight these days for a true double sc day and if we get a triple day for christmas then we all know how bad that has to be
  16. Bigbear Augur

Personally i think it would be rather silly to see a double xp weekend any time soon. I mean think about it. They made it quite clear that they want to limit our xp gains. And then turn right around and say " hey here is some extra xp so u can level quicker." but i have seen stranger things lately so who knows
  17. Kravitz Augur

I guess I stand corrected, didn't remember they had one last year.

Its a matter of are they meeting their operating margin, and at the same time upper management will question why their yearly revenue is less every year after year for the last few years.

I would think TDS was the worst selling expansion even though they made quite net profit off it. So to compensate their earnings they will have to do something, and the easiest thing for them to do is offer more pixels in Marketplace or discounts on SC to fuel Marketplace as that doesn't cost them any resources whatsoever. The most extreme thing they could do is come up with another expansion in the next 6 months, but that would utilize putting in resources which they clearly don't want to do.
    Bigbear likes this.
  18. Litala Journeyman

SOE should note the 50,000 SC and 8 transaction per day limitations also. Granted, the maximum you can redeem w/ bonus would be 16 cards (2 x 16 x 1500 = 48,000 SC), at a cost of $160.00. With the 8 transaction limit (per wallet), the max would be 24,000 SC.

Somewhere, someone is going to buy (or has) a bunch of game cards to use on a bonus SC day, and they're going to to be a tad upset after trying to claim the 9th one.

That is, unless these details have changed from previous years.
  19. Litala Journeyman

Apparently, Wal-Mart doesn't have the same promo as before. From the EQ2 forums, it is a $15.00 card but still gives 500 bonus SC instead of the $10 cards with 500 bonus.

If it is still 8 transactions per day, that's 32,000 SC possible for $120.00. (266.67 SC per $1)

If one could find the special Landmark cards from GameStop, you could cap out at 40,000 SC, but a cost of $160.00 (250 SC per $1)
  20. Stickietoes Augur

Is this on yet?, not showing double for me.