something is wrong

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by krichton, Nov 20, 2014.

1. krichton Elder

something is wrong with the game since the patch. atleast for me...my zoning time takes like 3 minutes and the ms has went from 90s to over 1400 at times with latency. and this started with the latest patch.
    silku likes this.
  2. guado Augur

Quite possibly unrelated, but I was in your position yesterday and would've (did) tried anything to fix it.

-When EQ patches, sometimes your antivirus will view it as a new program and "monitor" EQ which drastically slows down zone times
    -Unplug router/modem for 2 minutes to ensure a full reset. Replug after 2 mins.

My symptoms were:
    -Frigidly slow loading into char select, the world, and proceeding to crash upon using Campfire Gate.
  3. silku Augur

I'm having issues as well. Zoning sometimes even just freezes. Sometimes I"ll turn on EQ and before I ever select to log into the server it will give me the message in a window, could not connect to server.. wait what? Then when I do try to connect to the server, sometimes after character select I'll just end up back at the log in screen like I didn't do anything. Lots of issues going on right now.
  4. TSR-SeanF Augur

Have these issues been just coming up today or have you been experiencing them before hand? If possible, I would like to take a look at some of your network information. I'll need you to follow these instructions to create a diagnostic file that will help determine the quality of your connection to our servers:

1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator"
    Windows 8 - Press the WINDOWS and X keys together and then click on Command Prompt (Admin). Click Yes to the User Account Control message that appears.

2. Copy and paste the below commands into your command prompt. You can paste into your command prompt by right clicking and selecting paste.

ipconfig /all > c:\netinfo.txt
    tracert lp.soe.com >> c:\netinfo.txt
    pathping lp.soe.com >> c:\netinfo.txt

These commands will not output to the command prompt, they will create a file named c:\netinfo.txt

Make sure to run each command one at a time. Because you are outputting to a file, it will appear as though nothing is happening for a while, especially on the second and third commands. Make sure you wait for the cursor to pop up again and allow you to type before proceeding to the next step.

Once you have your netinfo file, please submit it in a ticket at http://help.soe.com and PM me with your ticket number so I can take a look.

Thanks!
  5. krichton Elder

i do not have windows 8 i have 7 and now you can add frequent crashes to my problems. the game is almost unplayable for me.
  6. krichton Elder

also for me these atsrted with the patch before that u was fine.
  7. krichton Elder

that was meant to say: these problems started with the patch before that i ran fine.
  8. krichton Elder

im trying to open a ticket but it keeps failing and wont let me . how can i get you the info?
  9. krichton Elder

is firefox the problem?
  10. Pulgrey Elder

just to help you out some Krichton, I am also running win7. I have business grade dual DSL, which I ran 5+ PCs playing EQ at the same time (with GeForce graphics, intel's i950 CPU, 18g ram, ect ect)

I have been having similar issues on and off since the expansion release. Occasionally I would have issues logging in... would get past character selection and drop to the log in screen just before entering world. Then not be able to get to the server selection for a while... then have to fight with the "you have a character already logged in!" message, just to be dropped again.

Checking the dbg.txt file (located at everquest/logs/dbg.txt) is a running account of whats going on. When I open this file (which looks crazy while I am running so many toons, heh) I found some issues rendering some graphics. I had to play with my drivers some (ended up doing a clean install instead up an update) that finally resolved that issue. But it was only part of the problem (for me)

The dbg.txt file is indicating lost communication with an authentication check. Looks like it is set to try 4 times, then give up. So while I am having less issues, I am still having issues.

I am a boxer, I play 3-9 toons at once. Have had as many as 19 accounts going on the same PC at the same time, no issues. When I have a mess of characters attempting to zone, and only the 1 character is having issues, the rest are zoning just fine.....there is not a thing wrong with my connections in other words, as evidenced by all the other toons working just fine on the same PC. This happened to me repeatedly last night while raiding. Trying to move 3 accounts to lobby, to guild hall, to shards landing.. I got dropped to the log in screen 25+ times on 2 of the accounts while 1 moved just fine. dbg.txt file indicated connection issues with a world authentication.

Anyways Krich, simply wanted to let you know your not alone here
  11. krichton Elder

i feel bad for us both. i tried today and same thing: 1200 ms, 3-5 minute zoning/load time, then crash in about 5 -10 mins being on. another day i cannot use something i have paid for.
  12. Milfurd Augur

If you are crashing be sure to check C:\Crash . This where EQ dumps the crash files . The are around 1.5 gigs. They can eat up your hard drive pretty fast.
  13. Pulgrey Elder

attempting to use SOE's DNS mixed in with Google's, on the theory that if some people's woes are being fixed with an IP flush, and seeing connection issues, it was worth trying.
    SOE's
    Google's
    so far today, have not had a single drop-to-log-in/freeze-while-zoning/randomly booted from game.

May simply be coincidence of course (only using 3 toons right now) tracerts showing some issues, but dbg.txt only has the one fail in a 12 hour play session.
  14. krichton Elder

i dont know why unless someone fixed it tonight but its working great now! yehaw! thanks who ever or whatever happened! lol
  15. krichton Elder

ok now the ms is shooting higher again and theres more lag =/