rogue trap Smokeshade isnt working on anything

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Masse The Butcher, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

ive been very unsuccessful in using the new rogue trap. used to be i could split and pull very well it, or deal with walkers that turned into adds. that just isnt happening. it works maybe 1 out of 20 times. whats the deal? its basically a pointless tool now, where as before it was one of our greatest abilities. i think this needs further looking into.
  2. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

the rogue traps are still not working on anything. it's a good way to aggro the entire room on yourself. this is now rendered a useless utility that was once an amazing pulling tool, a way to get away, and a way to add some crowd control if things got hairy in a bad situation. this needs to be looked into and fixed. everything resists them.
  3. Heile Lorekeeper

I wonder if the new trap is in line with the rest of the discs/spells (hack, jugular hack, wide eyed mark, etc) that still has that resist check on the mobs. I've noticed using the 96-100 discs/spells resist little or none at all besides the smokescreen trap of i'm in a tier 3 zone. Still needs fixing.
  4. Spiffy Duu New Member

I noticed a similar issue after this patch. I use the trap for pulling and assisting my enchanter in getting things locked down. I had very few instances where the trap actually stopped a mob, I was very sad.

Please help.
  5. Esero Elder

I can't claim to know a ton about resist checks/SPA's etc but I'm wondering if the actual spell 'Smokeshade Effect' needs re-adjusting to have a similar physical resist mod to the former versions. Smokecloud Rk. 1/2/3 (level 100) were -128, -134, -140 respectively whereas Smokeshade Rk. I doesn't even appear to have a resist mod listed in the raw spell data, furthermore Smokeshade Rk 2/3 have a -4 & -6 physical resist mod respectively (one would assume Rank 1 would then be -2, but on EQR spell database that field is blank)
    Brogett and Masse The Butcher like this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I sent Aristo a PM, showing the difference in resist checks. At this point, I'm just going to switch back to the old one, and just not try it on anything white or yellow and hope for the best. I've got a better than average chance of it working on dark blues. Not having an AE mez at all is horrible.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  7. Esero Elder

Awesome - hopefully we at least get some verification that they are aware of/working on the fix, as the lack of that in the update bugs thread is a bit annoying; they can hopefully adjust the physical resist mods of Wide Eyed Mark, Jugular Hack, Hack, Exuberant Dagger Throw & Surprise Attack accordingly.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Agreed. I've switched everything back to my previous Rk 3's, rather than mess with the new ones until they're fixed. I may actually make a comparison chart of those others, as well, and add it to the PM I already sent. I love playing show and tell when I'm insisting something needs fixed.
    Esero likes this.
  9. Esero Elder

Ditto on reverting back to the previous version - aside from the DD stuff (barrage/hidden blade) and Audacious Escape.
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Yeah, those are the only ones I'm still using, too. And I think I'll add those to my PM tonight before I go to bed. That's seriously something that needs fixed.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

This is the chart that I PM'd to Aristo just now. I grouped the rank 1's together, rank 2's together etc, so that there would be a direct comparison by rank. If I missed a disc that's an issue, let me know, and I'll add it.

[IMG]
    Sheex, Brogett and Esero like this.
  12. Esero Elder

Awesome Winnowyl!

I think that covers everything.
  13. Brogett Augur

This is something that changed since Beta it looks. I did check the resists during beta and they were OK. Sure enough when I look at the beta spell file I see -134 to -147 for most spells. This looks to have been a data corruption somewhere.

Beta:
    [IMG]

Live:
    [IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Brogett Augur

Looks like it was the most recent patch that changed these. The 2014-11-17 18:31 patch set modified things (lucy: Changed Resistadj from -141 to -3). (Yeah I know Lucy sucks, but it has the clearest view of spell changes IMO.)

The same applies for other classes too.

Berserkers, like rogues, have a truck load of physical resist abilities and all similarly broken. Warriors seem to be entirely unresistable so haven't been impacted. Monks are almost entirely unresistable too, bar Echo of Deceit (which now has -3 instead of -134 check). Ranger Heartsplit too.

Ironic that it appears to be the patch that was supposed to improve resist rates that changed them, if I'm reading this data correctly.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  15. Brudal Augur

They did improve resist rates, but it was for the mobs not the players. Apparently melee classes were doing to much damage and not missing enough.
  16. Brogett Augur

Just tried 7 Surprise Attack and Hack (rank I both) on a light blue Qena model dummy in guild hall, with 7/7 failures. A similar number of Beset and Gash (albeit rank 3s) had 100% success rate - not unexpected with a light blue con. So indeed it is best to use the older spell set. Thanks for bringing this up.

(The devs are aware of the issue.)
  17. felani New Member

Any update on a fix?
  18. Brogett Augur

It's been fixed internally they think, awaiting a patch. At least I haven't heard anything about it since.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/update-bugs-11-19-14.215266/page-8#post-3150333

Esero likes this.
  19. Esero Elder

Very good to hear they resolved the issue, thanks for posting Brog.

Would presumably expect December patch in the next 2 weeks .. so I'm sticking with the RoF versions of these until then.
  20. SaderakhBertox Augur

Test Update 12/2/2014

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-12-2-2014.215568/

- Berserker - Tendon Tear, Vicious Cyclone, Demolishing Axe Throw, Temple Demolish, Amplified Frenzy Strike, Jarring Smite, Stormwild Frenzy Strike, and Axe of Numicia Stun Effect should be avoided significantly less often now.
    - Monk - Echo of Deceit should be avoided significantly less often now.
    - Ranger - Heartsplit should be avoided significantly less often now.
    - Rogue - Surprise Attack, Wide-Eyed Mark, Jugular Hack, Exuberant Dagger-Throw, Hack, and Smokeshade Effect should be avoided significantly less often now.

Rejoice! Stuff! =) Does that cover rogues' issues?