Game Update: Weds, November 19 @ 4 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 4:00 AM Pacific* in preparation for the November game update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately four hours.

Patch Notes for this update can be viewed here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. eliandra Elder

and the patch will stop hte nice 6 h lockout timer on without chest ,low exp ,bad currency and low named missions ? on new and old mercenary too ?
  3. kammo Journeyman

Is the mercenary`s armor class gettin fixed?
  4. Dorigen Lorekeeper

Lisandra likes this.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

This fix went in with The Darkened Sea expansion patch. While the AC number on mercenaries is lower, their avoidance has been majorly increased. This was done so they're closer to player tank ratios.

If you're looking for more information, Rytan has been discussing this change in the thread here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/merc-nurf.214786/
  6. Fidde Lorekeeper

Agreed. For all the perceived problems on Zek, this is our biggest issue. Most classes cannot use their area effect dps because they will kill raid party members. If the NPC charms then players get the kill notice, no corpse, and a 15 minute snare. Please take a look at our raid instances.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The problem is even with these changes made, the 105 Tank merc is by far much more inferior to the lvl 100 merc Tank. Using both mercs in lvl 105 HA's the 105 merc, with its new changes, has a very low survivability compared to the lvl 100 Tank merc in our group.

There are several times when the lvl 100 tank merc, in the exact same group makeup, completes a HA with NO deaths at all, then you come back with the lvl 105 tank merc, same HA, same play style, exact same group, and the lvl 105 Tank merc dies 6-7 times. Its as if it is not avoiding damage as it is supposed too and its seems to be taking hits for the maximum amount much too often, with very little to almost no avoidance or mitigation of that damage.

I am able to repeat this over and over again, its not just a one off then never again incident.
    Rowacorn and Lisandra like this.
  8. eliandra Elder

roshen , you said some post ago that tds is not a "not finished" add on like call of forsaken : can you explain the interest of ha with low exp (on mob and at end ), no chest at end ? 7 raids in the same zone like you explain in beta ? for 40 dollars .... and you continu to nerf players who prefer stay in rof or cotf by nerfing ha ? players don t want lockout in ha to wait 6 or 3 hours if need to farm an aug for tank on a possible named pop during this ha !!! let players decide if they prefer farm an ha for exp , loot or named !! seriously after tds progression (done in less than 1 week) don t know the interest with lockout and low currency , mob with lot of hp for low exp , no chest to do it again .
    Wurek, Zilla, Garshok and 2 others like this.
  9. eliandra Elder

can you explain what system you will use to have the same experience if less exp on mob and all at end of mission ?... when 105 we do mission often with lesson of the devoted only for aa ... so less exp on mob = less exp with lesson and same with end mission ...
    like blood said , you want to empty eq for eq next or landmark ? eq created by verant 15 y ago is the only mmo where sony win money : eq2 and vanguard was paid with eq and never do benefits ... eq 1 pay for landmark and next ... but after eq1 when you will close the last eq server , you can close eq next and landmark too ...
  10. Vanrau Augur

I believe the reason why tank mercs are terrible now post 100 is because they now take more spike damage from having a substantially smaller AC value. This is a design issue with NPCs and not so much with mercs.
  11. Crystilla Augur

(From what the Devs said) The 105 tank is not going to be as good as the 100 in that it has now been adjusted to better receive a more wide distribution of hits. AKA the issue is the 100 merc tank is too good for its content; not that the 105 was tuned down too much.
  12. Crystilla Augur

FYI, you have heard that there is no impact to you if all you want to do is farm named? You don't get the lockout for doing that as long as you don't finish the HA (aka do the final hail). I'm not fond of being required to either do an HA for currency/exp OR doing it for collectibles/named ... but if you choose the latter, you don't get a lockout.
  13. Rowacorn New Member

Agreed. I cannot heal fast enough now to keep my merc tank alive against Tempest trash. Last night our group tank had to leave, we broke out my merc, doing mercenary quests in Brother Isle, and it was all a real cleric and I (I'm a druid) could do to keep the merc up.
  14. shedarr New Member

they need to get rid of the in the game they keep nerfing exp cant get anywhere anymore making all group cant solo
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Sounds like a pretty great update to me. Haters gonna hate!
  16. Godlike1 New Member

Are you guys aware that the aggro on tank merc is absolutely terrible? So when I invite a monk or wizard they are always tanking....heck the wiz merc almost takes aggro
  17. Alliesun New Member

Wizard - Fixed an issue where Claw of the Oceanlord could overwrite Improved Twincast.

Does this mean you added the chance to where it will over write or not? as of now claw spells will pop twincast and overwrite ITC nearly every time...
  18. Kendo New Member

For the record, who cares what the tank merc's stat page says. I used tank merc in Degmar Mission on commander. He did not die. He tanked the ENTIRE TIME. He held aggro from monk AND mage both burning (did not use five point palm). We are talking about 28k melee hits here. If the merc being able to tank that (and 20k hits in degmar/ Thul.) is what ppl are calling broken, then I dont want it to be fixed. Many group tanks wouldn't tank that well. By the way, it was 2 healer mercs on commander and 1 on other progression trash. No merc deaths.
  19. lancelove Augur

Roshen and co... most awesome update I have seen in a long while. Kudos to all and keep up the good work!
    -Lancelove Blades
    105 Ranger of Xegony
  20. Flaiyre New Member

Outside of the issue with xp potions and lotd now being worthless in HAs, failure due to bugs after you've nearly completed the things now means you get next to nothing as well. The other day, I was unable to complete The Hills are Alive! due to an item not dropping that was needed. Last night, we were unable to complete Descending the Tower because one of the NPC kept hitpoint locking even though his spawned add was dead.