TDS is boring, tedious and no fun

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by stuermchen, Nov 11, 2014.

1. roguerunner Augur

The lore is REALLY good.
    You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't read all the juicy bits of text, ESPECIALLY during the partisan and missions in Arx Mentis. It's getting really serious
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  2. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Then what was CoTF?
  3. drkoli Augur

CoTF had way more content than TDS. but CoTF gave people a chance to finish RoF. now TDS will give people 6-9 months to finish CoTF (not including those of us who have finished CoTF)

for me it gives me more time to dedicate to farming my high elf illusion from Ashengate and the violet sporali from Frostcrypt. im sure other people have similar things they now have time to go farm.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

So, the small difference between Rk1 and Rk2 spells is the difference between fun, and not fun?

You camped it once, you got one. How terrible?

I don't understand your complaints, and I especially don't understand a past EQ player making such complaints.
    drkoli likes this.
  5. stuermchen Elder

In the past you could use your gear for 2 years easily - with nameds starting with T2 mainly having DoTs and DDs (boring) you need the additional HPs. I have no problem if not everything drops right away. Has anyone seen a shield in T1 or T2 ? Or a 1h chanter / mage / nek wep? Or a 2h slashing SK sword (thx for putting it in all for Ranja, Warr, Bard, etc ) I am a DE SK and not a mountain giant that uses blunt weps....
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

That's par for the course with level increases.

Why would a caster want a 1h, anyway?

What are you incapable of due to the new itemization?
  7. Karacho New Member

My problem with TDS:
    - i am in T3 now, i think i saw 2 Rk2 spell items drop in T1, nothing since than
    - i got 1 t3 bracer after aprox 12 HA missions in T3
    - the named spawn rate in HAs is too low!!!!!!!
    - The Tasks in Caverns are not fun because of agro bugging and too many people in a small corner
    - According to the loot tables, the HAs only have a handfull of items that can drop. Mostly cloaks, t3 bracer and a pal/sk weapon etc. - no diversity here, nothing cool for casters...

I am mostly 3-boxing through the content because its hard to find a group. its getting very boring at the moment. The zones have so much potential and the main issue so far i think is itemization and lack of HAs (only 6 or 7 HAs in this expansion)
  8. Tual Augur

You should have addressed the other comments, you picked the wrong one to call him out on, that's gotta be a little embarrassing.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

His other comments are subjective. He said there are no zone wide rares in TDS and there are, so I pointed that out. Looking at my Engrish again it could have been said more clearly, but the raid rares *do* exist. Not sure what should be embarrassing about that.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I said they exist, just didn't word it particularly well (would edit if I could) so not sure what you're talking about. He said they don't, I said they do and that they're even better quality than the CotF rares are.
  11. Maeryn Augur

Drape of Lordly Stature Armor ID: 98942 - 153 Fists on CotF T2 Raid Vendor, does not drop
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: Back (AllAllTankDesc)
    AC: 189 HP: 3641 + 4/tick MANA: 3362 + 3/tick END: 3502 ATK: 35
    STA: 26 + 15 STR: 23 + 13 WIS: 20 + 12 INT: 20 + 12 DEX: 30 + 18 AGI: 27 + 16 CHA: 23 + 13
    SV FIRE: 60 SV COLD: 60 SV MAGIC: 60 SV POISON: 60 SV DISEASE: 60
    Damage Shield: 3 Damage Shield Mit: 3 Shielding: 3% Spell Shielding: 3% DoT Shielding 3%
    Stun Resist: 3% Avoidance: 7 Accuracy: 9 Combat Effects: 6 Strike Through: 2%
    Heal Amount: 30 Spell Dmg: 30 Clairvoyance: 44
    Focus Effect: Beneficial Duration 35 L103
    1: Increase Spell Duration by 35%
    Click Effect: Illusionary Spikes XIV Casting Time: 0.5s
    2: Increase Damage Shield by 95
    Slot 1, type 8: empty
    Slot 2, type 3: empty
    Required level of 100.

Marauder's Eelskin Cloak Armor ID: 141460 - Nearly identical item is a TDS rare drop
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: Back
    AC: 189 HP: 3641 + 4/tick MANA: 3362 + 3/tick END: 3502 ATK: 35
    STA: 26 + 15 STR: 23 + 13 WIS: 20 + 12 INT: 20 + 12 DEX: 30 + 18 AGI: 27 + 16 CHA: 23 + 13
    SV FIRE: 60 SV COLD: 60 SV MAGIC: 60 SV POISON: 60 SV DISEASE: 60
    Damage Shield: 3 Damage Shield Mit: 3 Shielding: 3% Spell Shielding: 3% DoT Shielding: 3%
    Stun Resist: 3% Avoidance: 7 Accuracy: 9 Combat Effects: 6 Strike Through: 2%
    Heal Amount: 30 Spell Dmg: 30 Clairvoyance: 44
    Focus Effect: Beneficial Duration 35 L100 <----- only difference*********
    1: Increase Spell Duration by 35%
    Click Effect: Illusionary Spikes XIV Casting Time: 0.5s
    2: Increase Damage Shield by 95
    Slot 1, type 8: empty
    Slot 2, type 3: empty
    Required level of 100.

Going by the number of items already on raidloot and the item number spacing there are probably complete sets of non-vis, something T2 CotF raids do not have as drops. Only difference being soft cap at 100 instead of 103 on the focus. Also matches the archetypes that drop in T2 CotF raids.

Marauder is the Tank archetype and so far: Face w/ hate, Back, Shoulders, Neck, Finger
    Buccaneer is the Zerk archetype and so far: Shoulders
    Brigand is the Shm/Nec archetype and so far: Ear
    Freebooter is the Clr/Dru archetype and so far: Ear, Neck
    Corsair is the Wiz/Mage archetype and so far: Face, Finger
  12. Axxius Augur

Yeah, the lore is awesome. I assume he have Akil Hooper (Lyndro) to thank for writing it.

The problem is that the delivery method is extremely bad. After the first quest or two, the million hails get to you, and you just mash the H key or make a 'multi-hail' hotkey to get past those annoying steps without bothering to read the text, and you can't really read it either because the 5 or more people next to you are spam hailing the NPC too, so all you see is a fast scrolling wall of spam.

After rushing through the progression to unlock the raids, I started doing it for my alts and taking time to read the lore. The story is pretty awesome. They really should change it from hails to books and drop those as ground spawns or sell them on a storyteller vendor for 1 cp, or something like that.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  13. Tual Augur

14. Elegist Elder

Well, I wrote the lore, as well as constructing the delivery method. So, I guess I get some positive and negative points there. ;)

As I've mentioned elsewhere, my initial intent was to place a fair amount of lore in books, but then decided to use the current hailing system to reduce implementation time. It was also intended to allow a fast way for players to spam through the hails, but communication issues between zones and servers necessitated the delay placed on hails. I still hope to get some time to tweak the way they work, and I'm sorry if any of the current problems with the system contributed to frustration.
  15. Brohg Augur

I like the story, too. I don't mind at all the enforced delay for one-time texts.
  16. Axxius Augur

You wrote it? Awesome! Thank you for the great story.

Please consider adding a storyteller vendor that checks flags and your inventory: as you complete the progression in each zone, you unlock the books retelling the story of what happened there, and it offers only the books you don't already own.
    roguerunner, FawnTemplar and Lisandra like this.
  17. Cloudia Augur

The multi-hails are just an annoyance. The lore would be cool if you could just chat up the npc when nobody else was there trying to get something done. I spent the time talking to FV in Katta, was interesting when there was no pressure to get on with it to do something else.
    In contrast It struck me as very annoying to try and talk to Ongit in TT while doing a task with the massive spamwall scrolling out of the window.
    A storyteller NPC or vendor with journals similar to home city news criers with lore that doesn't all appear at once but develops over some time period would be good and add flavor.
    A plus to this for Devs would be that they could foreshadow any additional HA missions or whatever in game in a logical manner via this. I do realize that it would require time for somebody to do layout of the journals. Mechanism for the newscrier is already available but content would have to be made.
    You could use gnome reporter to ferret information out, they have no sense of self preservation, and as a bonus the annoying ones would make good trolli snaks.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Slasher Augur

So you're responsible for us having to hail 30 times on every task ? I can tell just from you thinking that is acceptable that you do not play this game. IT IS BORING. You spend 5 minutes doing HAILS no one wants to do that.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Axxius Augur

Busted! :oops:

Exhibit A:
    • Speak with Al`Kabor 0/4 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with Ognit 0/6 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with a Servus Libertas member 0/5 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Kill Praetor Janelus 0/1 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with a Servus Liberatas member 0/1 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with the Unseen, Unheard Helper 0/3 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with Firiona 0/1 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Give the Helper's package to Firiona Vie 0/1 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with Firiona 0/3 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    That's an entire partisan quest, consisting of 22 hails, 1 mob kill and 1 turn in. :rolleyes:

Exhibit B:
    • Speak with Dabner 0/9 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    • Speak with Dabner again 0/13 (Arx Mentis) More Info
    This one made me swear out loud. :mad:
    FawnTemplar, Lisandra and Iila like this.
  20. Elegist Elder

I don't think being forced to wait on things you don't care about is fun either, and as I've said, I had hoped to be able to provide more lore for people who care about that stuff while still allowing people who don't care about it (or have already read it) to get through it quickly. And unfortunately it did not work out that way because of some technical issues, which I hope I can get some time to work through.