Girdle of the Weaponmaster Focus Effect?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tornt, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Tornt New Member

Focus Effect: Boon of the Seeress
    1: Additional Damage to Spells (500)
    2: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    3: Limit: Effect (HP when cast allowed)
    4: Limit: Mana_Max (0)
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    7: Limit: Min Level (255)
    8: Limit: Spell (Gelid Claw excluded)
    9: Limit: ClassPlayer (131070)

I'm wondering how this actually plays out for melee. Does the 500 damage proc only get added onto actual weapon procs, ala Vampiric Strike VII, or does it add the 500 damage onto both weapon procs and additional procs classes may have, specifically poisons?

From looking at the data, I would conclude that Addtional Damage to Spells (500) would add onto any kind of spell damage proc that a melee could produce. I'm just looking for clarification from anyone who has the belt or knows of those with one that have parsed it out. I'm playing a rogue, so obviously that's where the question is more directed, but this would also be a good way to understand what classes benefit most from the belt proc. Thanks for any responses.
  2. Tornt New Member

Bueller?
  3. Romance Augur

It should work on all 0 mana cost procs. I would imagine this would include poisons, yes.
    Jonah_Hill likes this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'd be interested in knowing if it increases the healing amount from lifetap weapon procs, as well as the rogue bp clickie lifetap proc. I would think it would add damage, but I'm unsure about the hit point return.
  5. Tornt New Member

Update
    I got this belt last night. Didn't expect it to drop again.

Did a bit of testing, and I'm finding it's working on almost everything I proc as a rogue. Vampiric Strike VI/Vampiric Strike VII show a straight 500 dmg increase on the damage it deals 890-944 dmg.

My poisons are also seeing a 500 damage straight increase on damage from the proc, Shissar XVIII goes from 7231~ish dmg to 7739 immediately. Similar boosts are seen on etherbrewed as well.

It also works on rogues AA Envenomed Blade.Damage on the current rogue BP also increases 500, from 3676 to 4184.

You will see before your proc damage goes off that your Girdle of the Weaponsmaster feels alive with power, indicating that it is adding damage to the proc.

If you there's any other questions feel free to ask, I'll see what I can do. This was just a quick test to see.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It fires off a number of innate abilities and proc buffs (some but not all) as well as weapon and aug procs.

For a rogue will be curious how it parses against the new melee specific chase belt in TDS.

It adds to the base. So my soul of the grandmaster proc does an 860 tap instead of 360, which includes the damage and heal.