New hotzones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jasazick, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Jasazick Journeyman

Is it time for new hotzones yet? The current ones in have been in place for a good while now, it would be nice to change things up.

Also, will there be a lvl 95 hotzone/alternate added to Teek? Pretty please? :)
  2. drkoli Augur

if the new hot zones are in RoF or below. it wont do anyone 101+ any good to run them for AA's since the xp was nerfed sadly
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Jasazick Journeyman

Good call - I didn't think of that.
  4. Garshok Augur

Don't worry, SOE won't think of it either. Or care if they do.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Laronk Augur

A 95 hot zone isn't about people level 101 to 105 it's for people at level 95 to have a gathering place. The 90 hot zones were terrible experience at 100

so yeah a 95 hot zone would be great for people 96 to 100 as a lot of he 101 plus crowd will be in tds which isn't a very good place for someone under 100 to be with how hard stuff hits and how much hp it has
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. Sheaffer Augur

So what would be a good 95 hot zone? I think shards is probably the obvious answer but maybe grelleth or erillion could work too
  7. Sostenes Augur

8. Jasazick Journeyman

Yeah, that would be my first choice - especially if they didn't want to change the existing hot zones. (Would be easy travel from Valley of Lunanyn)
  9. Elskidor Augur

Bump. I'm curious how long until we get new hot zones and hopefully 2 fresh ones for 95. 18 months of the same zones is really too long. Maybe quarterly or every half a year swap them around?
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Edrick Augur

There really isn't a point for a level 95 hotzone with the forced obsoleting of ROF and earlier. If you plan to stay at 100, level 90 zones will work perfectly for you.
  11. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Disagree. I always use hotzones that are just about, or just under, my level. If you're 98+, you'd want to be using a level 95 hot zone.
  12. Elskidor Augur

Exactly. For aa if not for xp.
  13. Darkark Augur

Meanwhile, everyone else who isn't level 100 yet ...
  14. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

We should really work together to make a suggested list, and also a "don't use this zone as a hot zone ever" list. That might expedite the process and yield better results.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Edrick Augur

... can level in Valley where killing lots of light blue cons is better exp, in most conditions, than killing less blue cons.
  16. Silv Augur

Anything that does NOT include a zone like Plane of Air would be a great hotzone! As a Lv 100 character after a rare drop from a named, I would constantly see level appropriate groups attempting to do stuff in this zone... and promptly wiping unless it was a power leveler.

I forget the reason "why" it was so difficult to change hotzones... maybe because of the augs or something? Who really cares about the augs?

It was funny... a few months ago some dev said we just got new hotzones even though we were coming close to a year(?) with the same ones.
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Malachi Augur

That's because before that they were on 2-3 year cycles for some ungodly reason.
    Then when they finally give us new hot zones they make one poa. Like can it be more obvious you randomly picked from a list of level ranged zones?
  18. Darkark Augur

You seem to suggest otherwise, but in my experience Hot Zones with Dark Blue/White/Yellow/Red con mobs are better than Hot Zones with Light Blue con mobs. I mean, the difference is so stark I have to assume I'm misreading your comment.

By declaring a level 95 Hot Zone (or two), you're encouraging use of the zone, increasing the chances of random pick-up groups and giving a level appropriate focus to those around that level. I don't see, per your first comment, how some nerf that becomes active after level 100 is of consequence.

If you care for it, here is my experience:

*Throughout my levelling process (as a returning player), there has been a range of recommended Hot Zones above/below/at my current level.
    *I've used these recommendations as a guide on where I should be chasing experience. While I actively try and explore for myself and as a result have picked up a few interesting places outside of these recommendations, I've been out since OoW so the recommendations have been by far the biggest help. Seriously, the number of expansions, let alone zones, is daunting, but I do like it and aim to work through as much as I can (recommendation or not).
    *I'm now level 92, which means I'm at a point where the list of recommended Hot Zones are all below my current level. Valley is still fine, I'm making steady progress on the Hunter achievement, doing the quests, etc.
    *I've been used to pushing myself in zones that are rated higher than my current level, often I would fail hard, but it's a good way to learn your toon again, and a hell of a lot more fun than moping up light blue cons all day.
    *Per above, I've already started to look further than Valley (killed a bat in Plane of Shadow just to see if we could do it, did the first kill quest in Shard's Landing, etc.)
    *Grouping opportunities seem to be proportional to closeness to max level, or best found within Hot Zones. Max level is now 13 levels away from me and I'm close to being out of Hot Zones.

I'm confident many others' experience would be similar.
  19. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Wow, no idea where you got that one?

Date of hot zone introduction:

6/13/06
    12/5/06
    4/18/07
    10/30/07
    2/28/08
    8/20/08
    12/9/08
    7/14/09 <- first one that took more than 6 months (7 months, so barely)
    10/8/09
    6/9/10 <- 8 months, so still not too shabby
    12/8/10
    12/14/11 <- first one that took more than a year
    6/19/13 <-- first one that took more than 1.5 years

We are now at 1 year, almost 5 months.

I agree, if the problem is setting up augs, and the meta quest, just skip all that. Do we really need more augs for level 30 toons? :)

Tat
  20. Batrastard New Member

Why not expand it to rotating random zones and add the xp bonus modifier to completion of the task? Add a step like loot some common drop off of a common mob like a goblin tooth or increase the kill count? Kill 12 goblins in BB and loot 3 goblin teeth in BB FTW!