Returning player and recruit rewards

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Terry, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Terry New Member

So I decided to come back to EQ since I have not played since March when I got an email stating I have 14 days All Access to entice me to come back. My brother said to wait until he sent me a rewards link. I clicked it and logged in and it said I was not eligible.

I have not played for 6 months but I was wondering since they gave away 14 free days of all access if that messed up the count.

Any information would be appreciated before I decide to log in or spend SC.
  2. Terry New Member

My response to that is:

I don't know about how everyone else feels about this but it is kind of backwards thinking.
  3. Lisandra Augur

It's typical SOE logic. Logging in to any SOE website, forum or game counts against the Recruit A Friend program eligibility & makes no sense considering it could make SOE some money. They also don't market the program to any of the qualifying games that I am aware of but then again I don't know why SOE has a marketing department when they only focus on Landmark & Next. It is what it is.
    Geroblue and Terry like this.
  4. Terry New Member

Yeah that does not make sense when you have to login to their website to claim the rewards... I have gotten a response and maybe they can look into it some. I spend most of my money with Blizzard and WoW but it would be nice to play with my brother as he likes EQ more.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Lisandra Augur

If you have trouble you might escalate it to TSR Alex. He seems to have a bit more authority & the ability to be flexible.
  6. Terry New Member

Edward said he might have to manually do it once my brother sent a direct link and not a community link. Hoping that works.
  7. Drusi Augur

Is it true that if I have another char which has logged in forums, played EQ from the same IP, then that counts against it?

Late October I tried to use Recruit a Friend on an account which I know I had not used for more than 6 months and it gave me ineligibility. This account had not used Sony forums nor played any other Sony games.

The account however did have the 14 days free access thingie once I logged him in(without geting my RAF reward).

I am trying to figure out who could actually be eligible for RAF, someone who had been in a cave for 6 months ?
  8. Lisandra Augur

You can try to petition but I'm not sure if they'll actually be able to help you or just give you the run around. If you do petition you could then PM TSR Alex S here & see if he's able to help you.
  9. Terry New Member

I got a response that they linked the reward to my account but that I would still have to make the qualifying purchase. I did 30 days All-access and I guess I have to wait 24 hours to see if it worked.

Will post what happens!
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Lisandra Augur

Yeah it takes up to 24 hours for it to register that you made a qualifying purchase & 30 days of all access does count so whoever recruited you gets a reward & you get a 2nd reward.
  11. Terry New Member

"Since you are still on the free time until the 10th the game card won't go into effect until then so the system won't see it as a purchase until then. Once that registers on the 10th and then the roughly 24 hours for it all to process you should see it switch to recruited. "

So that is where it is at right now. Going to see I guess on the 12th.
  12. Lisandra Augur

Let me know how it goes. Crazy how much hassle they make it for you to spend a little money & get a reward for doing so.
  13. Terry New Member

What a joke:

"Response TSR Sara S. via Email 11/06/2014 08:40 AM
    Greetings,

It looks like you used a game card for your membership. In order to complete the process, you'd have to spend $10.00 in game (usually in Station Cash). After that, you will be listed as a recruit and the process will be complete. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

Answer Title: Recruit Rewards - FAQ
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37422

Your reference number for this contact is: 141103-000574.

Regards,
    CSR Sara S."

Me:
    "Okay. Your website is ambigious about that as it states one would qualify as follows: "Buying software or All Access membership, purchasing Station Cash (including with an SOE Pre-Paid Game Card), and Krono all qualify towards the minimum spend requirement."

So buying the membership with a game card I bought in the store does not qualify?"

SoE:
    "Hello,

Sorry I believe she was mistaken, the game card should be fine. I think the issue is still the free time on the account. Since you are still on the free time until the 10th the game card won't go into effect until then so the system won't see it as a purchase until then. Once that registers on the 10th and then the roughly 24 hours for it all to process you should see it switch to recruited.

Regards,

Edward R
    Senior Support Agent
    Sony Online Entertainment "

Me:
    "Thanks for the response.

I waited until today to see if anything would credit for me and my brother and he still shows 0 recruited and I do not see anything on my end either. If you can look and see if they are linked correctly I would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Terry"

SoE:
    "After further processing, it looks like this account is ineligible. In order to be eligible for the recruit rewards, the player must have not played an SOE Recruit Rewards participating game within the last 6 months. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

Your reference number for this contact is: 141103-000574.

Regards,
    CSR Sara S."

Me:
    "Why is it not eligible. iI have not played any SoE game since March. The account was given free time but I did not log in until after your CS linked this account to my brothers. See all the previous threads on this petition please such as:
    "Response TSR Edward R. via Email 11/05/2014 10:18 AM
    Hello,
    I have gone ahead and linked your account. You would still need to make a qualifying purchase during the allotted time for the promotion. Please not if you purchase Station cash you have to spend the full amount of Station cash before it will be completed. It then typically takes at least 24 hours to process from there. If you have any further issues please let us know.
    Regards,
    Edward R
    Senior Support Agent
    Sony Online Entertainment "
    You need to tell me why I am not eligible because I have NOT played any SoE game and now I have spent money expecting a recruitment reward and have had to jump through hoops. I specifically addressed this previously in my earlier petitions BEFORE I went and spent money. If this is how you treat your customers I should have stayed retired..."
  14. Lisandra Augur

Yeah it's ridiculous. PM Alex S & ask him to take a look.
    Terry likes this.
  15. Terry New Member

Response Via Email (TSR Stephanie B.) 11/13/2014 08:05 AM
    Greetings,

I have sent this over to the platform engineers to update the account. Once they give me a status update I will update you. Please be patient while we gather information and work to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Regards,
    Stephanie B
    Senior Contact at SOE Player Support
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Lisandra Augur

Good, glad they are working on figuring it out for you. They really need to find a way to make it not count when you log in to any forums or when they give free time related to promos. It also wouldn't hurt to advertise the RAF program somewhere since it's not just for EQ. Might actually draw in some new players that translates into new revenue o_O
    Terry likes this.