Thuliasaur Island: Here There Be Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Jennifer “Yaviey” Bridges

For thousands of years, dinosaurs ruled a remote island to the south of the Buried Sea. It is thought that long ago, dragons once deposited eggs on this island so that these dinosaurs could live in peace as the rest of their race eventually died off. After all, biologically, dinosaurs are cousins to the mighty dragons.

Over the years, others have encroached upon the mysterious island as well. After the dragons left the dinosaurs there, they did not return to check up on them. As a result, other creatures tried to take control of parts of the island. Lizard men, aviaks, giants, and even ghosts contend for domination of the isle.

First to make the island their home after the dinosaurs were the Thaell Ew Lizardmen. Once favored by Cazic-Thule, they created massive temples, which sprawled from the far west of the island up to the north. These are now in various states of dilapidation after constant struggles with the other creatures on the island, each competing for territory.

[IMG]

Decades ago, and by a mere chance after a lost war, the massive Kromtus Giants were sent through a magical void and landed on the island. These giants were originally elite scouts of the Rallosian army. Unable to find ways to return, they eventually settled the island and created a village in the southeast.

Before the fall of the Combine Empire, a group of sailors happened upon the isle by accident. For unknown reasons, they settled the beach but did not survive. Their ghosts still haunt the beaches of Thuliasaur Island.

[IMG]

The massive storm that threatens the Buried Sea (and really all of Norrath itself) has caused the inhabitants of Thuliasaur Island to be at severe unease. Most notably, the Bloodfeather Aviaks, once avid worshipers of the god Karana, now restlessly flock to worship a great black raven to the south of the island. A sense of dread in their squawks can be heard from the beaches.

There’s more danger to uncover in EverQuest’s 21st Expansion: The Darkened Sea! Check out the official EverQuest website for more zone previews, sneak peeks, and information on this expansion. The Darkened Sea becomes available to everyone on November 11. If you’re an All-Access member, you get 10% off this expansion, plus you can purchase and play it now!
    Lisandra and Stumphobbler like this.
  2. Ready Aimfire New Member

THE MOST DISAPOINTING EXPANTION EVER AND THE CRAPPIEST LOOT FOR ORDERING THE REGULAR OR COLLECTORS. How many people actually keep houses now adays. This is the first expantion since the beginning that me and my familys 4 accounts wont be participating in. The nerf of exp for HA was a big part of it also
  3. Wudanian New Member

This will be the wildest xpac yet on Zek.

Amazing but also a huuuge sheit show.
  4. Zantor Augur

Is amazing how many people are saying stuff like this and SoE saying they will change how they are treating HA's, but not sure yet but still put the 6 hour lockout timer in place. Most of us want to know what the real reason for the lockout timer is and not the one we were given.
  5. Elskidor Augur

On a positive note, the island sounds cool and has an interesting story behind it.
    Lisandra and Stumphobbler like this.
  6. Stumphobbler Elder

Very cool looking zone.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Darzag Elder

I just couldn't wait for the new expansion...But then as it got closer and I found out what it contained and , more importantly, what it didn't have, I started losing enthusiasm. Then by the time the Darkened sea actually became available, I find that I have no interest in it at all. The only thing that I can see that it is good for is giving Raiding Guilds and power gamers a higher place to go...It seems as if the rest of us have been ignored with this expansion. I am looking for another game to play. EQ has lost the fun factor for me. If I wanted a job, I would get one that pays me.
    Gythlen and Lisandra like this.
  8. Clingingdecay New Member

Looks awesome cant wait to kill me some Dinosaurs!
    Enjoying new expansion very much so far.
  9. SpamFactory Augur

I just noticed bob painter is in that video.

in the original plane of mischief there was an NPC named "bob the painter". I remember reading somewhere long ago that this npc was a nod to bob painter who had worked on the zone. I wonder if he has any stories about working on the original plane of mischief.
  10. Naeolan New Member

Here there be no Xp....
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. GhostToThePost Lorekeeper

Pretty zones with little substance behind them seems to be the new calling card?

I'm certain that 99% of the player base would love ugly zones with tons of content and tons of things to do in them.

People still playing EverQuest darn sure are not playing because of the graphics. That I am 100% sure of. People play because of the games depth and how it has so many things to do. If people wanted pretty graphics, they would have quit this game years ago.
  12. Gillette Lorekeeper

I've done all the mercenary, partisan, and mission in this zone. The parrot aug. is nice, the zone is nice but I had to go somewhere else to get any significant experience. Having spent a couple of days here and not gaining a level was disappointing. I had to go do a few Dead Hills HAs to make up for it ... Please fix the experience in this zone so its at least marginally comparable to other places.
    Lisandra and Gythlen like this.
  13. Yimin Augur

Exp in this zone is very bad , but it is such a pretty zone though , I hope they fix the exp problem here ....

Yimin
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Garshok Augur

You mean dragons are related to chickens too, just like dinosaurs?

I guess we will need to give the cockatrices in OT more respect.
    Lisandra and Revalla like this.
  15. SBC0 Elder

Skip the expansion and spend time working on your dreadful spelling and grammar.
    Revalla likes this.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Lisandra and Garshok like this.
  17. Iila Augur

So if the dinosaurs should actually be feathered, does that mean dragons should also be feathered?
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

[IMG]
    Or
    [IMG]

????
  19. Garshok Augur

OK - having THAT available as an illusion clicky might get me to shut up about TDS.:D
  20. Garshok Augur

And for those of us who were taught that Pluto was a planet while we were growing up, more stuff that we got wrong:

Fossils of Dilong paradoxus, an early relative of the T. Rex, were some of the first identified to have specific evidence of feathers. (As the 'chickens are the new dinosaurs' view of dinosaur biology has taken hold, more scientists thought that they might be feathered, but this was the first one where they could specifically point to evidence in the fossil.)
    [IMG]
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/photogalleries/feathered_dinosaur/index.html

A team has actually been able to identify the color of the plumage for some dinosaurs - Sinosauropteryx prima. (Note that they have been able to determine the color of feathers on the crest, back and tail - the necks and underside are from the artist's imagination, as is the charging sumo wrestler pose).
    [IMG]
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/01/100127-dinosaur-feathers-colors-nature/

Suspected dinosaur feathers have been found in 70 million year old amber:
    [IMG]
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...inosaur-feathers-color-science-birds-alberta/

And another recent find of documenting feathers in a much older dinosaur from a different family than the ones identified with feathers earlier supports the theory that likely all dinosaurs had feathers. (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/most-dinosaurs-may-have-sported-birdlike-feathers/)
    Iila and Lisandra like this.