Just because we are all thinking it...Mob HPs in TDS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RoguesOwn, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoguesOwn Lorekeeper

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Getting bored real fast with this.
  2. Kreacher Augur

It's to even up the XP gain.

You get 1/4 XP in RoF. And you get 3x the HP's in TDS.

:)
  3. RoguesOwn Lorekeeper

Ya Exp Nerf part duex. HPs the reckoning.
  4. Kegwell Lurker since '99

I really like the part about finish - new exciting content that should be more rewarding than older content - and getting a whopping 1% exp reward.
  5. Sancus Augur

Just wait until you get to Arx Mentis :D

According to Elidroth, fights had become too short and the devs were looking to increase them. This isn't without logic; more HP is beneficial to sustained classes, and is not unprecedented in the game (for a long time fights took forever). I honestly am not sure how I feel about this; I dislike longer fights but I also enjoy having tools like RS more useful on trash mobs.
  6. RoguesOwn Lorekeeper

I'm raid geared with guildies. Its the Groupers I feel for.
    Elricvonclief and Fenudir like this.
  7. stuermchen Elder

somebody should tell SOE it is NOT 1999 anymore - long fights with Mobs with too many HPs are just boring - nothing else - players didnt like it in VT and definately do not like it now
    Azzurri, Fenudir, Mintalie and 2 others like this.
  8. Laronk Augur

I like things not blowing up the instant I attack them.
    FawnTemplar, Zentara and Obiziana like this.
  9. silku Augur

I don't have time for long fights. I have a family now. I have responsibilities. If I wanted a game that took me ages I'd be playing chess through the mail with a friend. In 1999 I was a young kid just out of college with lots of time on my hands. I could sit for 8 or 9 hours playing and not worry about whether I was spending time with my wife or not. I don't need that in my life.
  10. Slasher Augur

Step 1 Nerf DPS across the board.
    Step 2 Increase NPC HP by 150%
    Step 3 We all get bored and play something else.

Its working SOE.
  11. stuermchen Elder

@Laronk sorry I dont take ppl seriously coming from an easy-Play server like FV. Normal server - normal group (not raid geared) - the "normal" TDS Mobs are just fine - the extra HP Mobs are boring as hell.
  12. Vlerg Augur

the entire theme of this expansion is '' slow people down''.. from time-gating raid content, to the HP increase/dps nerf... even the hailing on quests...
  13. Marshall Maathers Augur

I was told the higher hp mobs give higher exp. Are people able to confirm that?
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I like my trash to be easy if level appropriate. Names are where the interesting stuff is suppose to happen. :D
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Qulas Augur

Combine type mobs in Thallisaur have way too many hp, otherwise seems ok so far
    FawnTemplar and Obiziana like this.
  16. Robnie Augur

150%? lol...

/GU An elite squad member in 81s, 7469k @92213dps --- Pyrul 4067k @50832dps --- Ranbas 827k @10214dps --- Kelliene 753k @14487dps --- Flea 662k @8487dps --- Karma (Vorlune) 496k @6437dps --- Vorlune 486k @11560dps --- Vorlune`s pet 176k @5672dps --- Ranbas`s pet 3k @446dps
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yep
    At this point in time, this expansion will be remembered not as the "end of EQ" but clearly the "beginning of the end". (The "end of the beginning" was long ago)
    As someone else pointed out - say "TDS" out loud - all will come clear.

-R
    Lisandra and Azzurri like this.
  18. Vlerg Augur

Robnie:

7.5 million HP for a trash mob? in arc mentix ( I hope?)

sheesh
  19. Robnie Augur

In Thulisar, for a quest, once you hit t2 though pretty much all trash mobs have 5-8 mil hp. Nameds can be up to 20, even just quest nameds.
  20. Clingingdecay New Member

Yes they have a ton of hit points. Yes it will be slower. Yes we are all older and have kids and real jobs. BUT we play everquest! Rub some dirt on it and get out there and kill! We are better than this. This is our game warts and all and I for one love it more than ever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.