we need a good post of where to level.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dalderyx, Oct 17, 2014.

1. malfurionn Elder

90-100 I personally like to do RoF progression but that requires help of course, lot of variables involved for spots for 90-100.
  2. malfurionn Elder

Heroic Adventures in CoTF are also a good option through 90-100, can even start as low as 85 (65 for the Tower of Rot one but I have never run it that low so no clue how the xp is although I think it would get old fast lol)
  3. Dalderyx New Member

i'd like to see advice on 1-100 undead zones for our beloved cleric paladin and necros and such. trying to get Everything within this post.

perhaps some Place for druid-wizard kiting zones/spots as well.
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Follow path #2 for undead leveling, although fighting undead at lower levels doesn't reall have much benefit when your merc does all the work anyways: http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/
  5. Witchcraft Lorekeeper

19 level 100? Did I read that correctly?
  6. Borek-VS Augur

There's little advantage for a paladin or cleric to fight undead, although it is a little better for paladin than cleric with weapon procs, until your paladin starts to get Slay Undead. However, most undead don't run, which is handy when you can't snare. For a paladin after that point, then go crazy with undead.

I made a quick scan of Almar's link, and I'd like to point out a couple of things. First, he mentions Wall of Slaughter, but thinks that the undead murk gliders were changed to live. Not true. The undead murks have always been in the second set of murk caves, to the SE of the zone. Excellent fighting, but relatively few of them. There's also no mention of Ruins of Ilsalin, which is a tough zone (you have make liberal use of cancel magic), but can be a good undead spot for the end of 70s and low to mid 80s.
  7. malfurionn Elder

I started full out kiting late (70) but I did hill giants in Steppes for a time, then moved on to Loping Plains (alligators, treants, worgs, minos etc) doing the various kill tasks when able. As a druid it would be more productive though when enhanced root and viscid root AA's are maxed to pick up a wizzy merc and go root killing over kiting if those are the only options being debated.

The clear best option would be charm kiting animals however. (or reverse charm kiting) Basically you grab 4-7 mobs with snare, (entrap AA is best, start out with however many mobs you feel comfortable with until you get it down) hit them with Glamor of Tunare, which is an animal tash to help with charm landing etc although I typically just skipped using that and got along just fine, charm one of them and send it at the rest of the pack, wait until the charmed pet's hp is around 10-15% left (it can be tricky to judge when you start getting into it and pulling lots of mobs) break charm with innate camo AA, charm another of the 100% hp mobs or highest hp mobs left rinse and repeat until all are as low as you dare to get them and finish them off with AoE's or whatever works. IMO I wouldn't worry about this method until 71 and I'm having trouble coming up with a good zone for the 71 charm (hits up to 73) and 81 (hits up to 83) so hopefully someone can fill in but for these ranges of charm.......

76-81(86) Restless Alligators in LP
    86-91 Al'kabor's Nightmare in HoT, animals on first island
    91-96 Beast's Domain, wyverns etc right outside the gates by the Argath zone line, this is one of the best charming spots for the range and arguably the best overall.
    96-100 RoF Eastern Wastes, all animals should be in the level range of this charm
    96-100 (Alternative) Shard's Landing, prowlers, snakes, naeyas and a few others that are within range.
  8. malfurionn Elder

I spent most of my time in groups/charm kiting 76+ and 1-70 mercing it so hopefully someone else can make a good post about spots for traditional kiting.
  9. Dalderyx New Member

Yes i have so many level 100 and i think over half are Max aa as well.. Any way of killing is fine, i'll make a post and split the different playstyles up
  10. Gythlen Augur

I've actually spent some time in Paludal Caverns yesterday and gained 4 levels with my SHM/BRD box. Haven't been there since Luclin came out. Fun fun place.