Save on Station Cash at GameStop

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

UPDATE:

Hey folks,

There was an error in the announcement for this promotion. The sale with GameStop ended on Sunday, October 26, 2014. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you were able to take advantage of the promotion while it was available.

Thanks,
    Dexella

[IMG]

Receive $5 off when you purchase any of the SOE pre-paid game cards at GameStop*, valid October 13th - October 28th, 2014.

*This promotion is valid at US GameStop locations only.
  2. Autumndawn New Member

Someone needs to let GameStop know that these are on sale.
    The store manager called the corporate office and was told they know nothing about it and they wouldn't honor it for me :(
  3. Fidde Lorekeeper

Same issue at a store in Texas. Figured it was because of the US holiday. I'll try again tomorrow.
  4. Cloudia Augur

Ditto in Ca. Store manager stated they had no information on any such offer.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

Please either PM me the addresses of these US GameStop locations, or just reply with that information in this thread. Our guys would love to chat with these locations, and get this fixed up for everyone.
  6. Behee Augur

Here is another Gamestop store that has the cards but doesn't know anything about the sale. They say "maybe its another store, or you have the wrong dates". Very frustrating.

Bellis FairOne Bellis Fair PkwySte 318Bellingham, WA 98226(360) 715-8766
  7. Behee Augur

I printed the advert above by Roshen and took it to Gamestop. They had a lot more than the 16 he said they had (probably about 100 total including the Planetside2 cards which also work for EQ). They also gave the sale price without any issue at all, they said having the advert along made the difference and they just did an override on the price. Bought 20 of them. :)
  8. Brovar New Member

9. Brovar New Member

Same issue with a store in Toledo. The clerk there said he could not adjust the price without losing his job. He said if there is a sale it would show up when they scan it since corporate has control over the prices.
  10. Leelaz New Member

Had issues at two stores in Minnesota.
    Rockford Road Plaza
    4190 Vinewood Ln N
    Ste 112
    Minneapolis, MN 55442
    (763) 551-0178

Ridgedale Square
    12921 Ridgedale Dr
    Minnetonka, MN 55305
    (952) 591-5939

The employees at both stores were nice when I showed them the ad and discounted them for me.
    Obiziana likes this.
  11. kathulu23 New Member

No worky at my gamestop either.
    Worker said the promo was not in there system and he sent a note to corporate about it.

Grand Pointe Shoppes4763 Wilson Ave SwSuite HGrandville, MI 49418(616) 530-0078
  12. Deimon New Member

On the phone with Gamestop and in chat. Both saying there is no deal on their end.

Westside Village7711 S Raeford Road#103Fayetteville, NC 28304(910) 868-1030
  13. Deimon New Member

How do you make an offer for a discount from a company without letting that company know they are discounting a product first anyway? Gamestop did tell me that they are only a vendor and only make a few dollars off your product anyway and they didn't like to give discounts because they take a loss.
  14. Deimon New Member

Gamestop live support says they will not honor the discount because they have no record of it and they don't honor discounts from third party websites.
  15. Vlad Diszno Augur

Perhaps SOE merely took a play from the government's playbook (those Turkish bases that supposedly were at our disposal)? I am optimistic that this issue will get resolved and anticipate buying a couple cards at the sale price. Just too bad I'll have to keep checking at my local Gamestop when the sale actually begins for them vs already having the cards in hand, had they been privy to the sale.
    Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic
  16. Jbrabazon New Member

Went there this morning, and The store clerk looked online, called corporate, and had no record of the sale going on, unfortunately I wasn't able to spend the money I wanted to on gamecards, but saved the receipt at least hoping they will retro the discounts on my next purchase. Sucks though, traveled 30 miles round trip for just to get to a gamestop location for this sale, just to find out that they weren't honoring it. 1807 E Geneva St, Delavan Wi, 53115. The store's phone number is 262-740-7512
  17. Rorce Augur

I feel ya man. I'm glad I checked this thread before making the trip, as it's 20 miles one way to my nearest GameStop.
  18. zachison Journeyman

same issue as all the above.
    No store location in Oklahoma City will honor the discount because the promotion is not in the gamestop database.
  19. Behee Augur

It is about the same distance for us, and it was a big gamble just to go for this sale. But they said they only had a few cards left (not even close to true, they had lots of them since we can use the Planetside2 cards). Plus last time this happened when we rang the sale up it showed the card sale at that time, but not when they did their initial sale lookup.

This time their system did not have the sale price anywhere. The male rep there said they couldn't do it, the young lady said she could just do an override on the price and gave us the discount.

I just don't understand why SOE announces sales with specific companies who clearly have never heard of the sale. Now I am worried the saleslady who was so helpful will be fired. Thankfully she had the paper copy of the advert.
  20. Aight New Member

Please notify
    3833 E Thomas Rd, Suite A-6
    Phoenix AZ 85018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.