Mark of Valor reward - time based?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cphill, Sep 16, 2014.

1. cphill Journeyman

It *seems* like - as my toons kill faster due to better gear - I am getting fewer MoVs as I go through HAs faster. Can anyone confirm/deny that the MoV reward is based on time to complete a HA?
  2. Zoran Journeyman

Don't think so. I know different HAs are worth more or less. Certain ones should be farmed if the goal is to get more MoVs. You accrue credit for them with each step you complete, but don't earn them until the end, so it's also vital for those receiving rewards be present in the instance for all steps.
  3. cphill Journeyman

I've been farming Disrupting the Ritual. I guess I'll pay more attention to how time I spend versus the total reward I get and present the data.
  4. Riou EQResource

They are worth the same regardless, each step is worth its won currency value, and each task is worth a different amount
  5. cphill Journeyman

I wonder if anybody has listed out the MoV rewards for each HA. I didn't find them on EQResource or Alla, they just say "variable". I'm bored with Disrupting the Ritual. I think I'd rather do a longer HA for 300-400 MoV, than farm DtR for 30 minutes to get 200.
  6. Edar New Member

I thought rewards were based on how often a certain HA was done server wide. So Dead Hills HA's fewer rewards. I haven't done a lot of others though because the Dead Hills ones are easier to do.
  7. Riou EQResource

Dead Hills HA's have the highest reward, especially the gnomes for the time they take because in the re-balancing they messed up or people were afk inside to mess up the times they used to determine currency given

Problem with this is that not all steps are known values, It was something we were looking at for EQResource, but without knowing the value on every single step we can't give an accurate range ;( (for the steps that had currency updated post launch, they will be wrong too for anything in basically t1a :( )
  8. cphill Journeyman

Thanks for all the info everyone. Any personal recommendations on other HAs that people like to farm, with reward versus time similar to DtR?
  9. Marshall Maathers Augur

Scouting Ahead is the best
    Axxius likes this.
  10. cphill Journeyman

Thanks. I'll give it a run.
  11. sojuu Augur

That still used? I thought that was the system back in the buried sea, but did not realize they carried it forward.
  12. Kolani Augur

Pretty sure it's not. When Bosquestalkers was broken and had no recast timer, I was plowing through the missions using it and got the same reward as after they fixed it.