Please add undead invis visual and following retention

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Milfurd, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Milfurd Augur

When I use regular invisible spell I notice my name visually has parenthesis around it. How about adding double quotes around the name when using undead invisible? I have to double check when using undead invis.

Can we had following retention so we don't have to continually set up /follow when boxing. It would be a big time saver. We already set up fellowship and always remember that. Why not when /following in a group?
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Behee Augur

Quotes would look odd. Why not just use <> or [] instead of () for invis undead. But yes, I like the idea generally.
  3. Fendy Augur

And if you are invis AND ivu use (<Name>)
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If this was implemented, Sony probably wouldn't use <> since that already denotes <Guild Names>. Brackets like [] or {} would probably work.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I could swear that IVU used to put surnames in parenthesis (assuming you have a surname) back in the Luclin era or thereabouts. It's been at least 7-8 years since I've had any names displayed though so no visual is of any value to me.
  6. Koneko Augur

the whole reason you see (Name) is to show you that you can see the fact something is invisible to show you invis vs undead doesn't have one because we aren't undead so they are not invisible to us they should do something to invis vs animals then too if they do something for invis vs undead then
  7. Iila Augur

For all the times people use invis vs animals. In those zones full of animals that see through normal invis but not IvA and people would want a quick visual reference to know if their IvA is still up.
    Obiziana and Nilwean like this.
  8. Koneko Augur

ok your right lets then get rid of the (Name) function because everyone has visual cues due to buff boxes and the target window shows all buffs due to everyone having inspect buffs

in reality that makes no sense if they are adding something to help one type of invis they should add it to the others your comment was just meant to disagree with mine and was non constructive because invis vs animals is something that people sometimes get before then get an invis yes so yes it can be useful to know if someone still has that up just like the invis vs undead it makes sense to add it to all invis types if they are going to add a visibility notice because the same reason that invis and hide and sos already only have it now and if they are doing it to one that is adding it doing it to both is just as useful to people who use them why is adding something to invis vs animals something that someone doesn't think makes sense if it is being added to invis vs undead
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I actually have to agree with Illa on this one. Invis vs animals is very much a niche type of invis. A regular invis will hide you from everything that IvA will. IvA will not hide you from everything that invis hides you from. IvU hides you from things that invis won't hide you from.

To me, it would make more sense for (invis) [IvU] and {both kinds} and {SoS}. Maybe rogues wouldn't feel compelled to block all the types of invis, to keep from having someone invis us when we think we should be SoS'd, and we end up with aggro because of it.

Also, please, punctuate. Walls of text with no punctuation at all make people either not want to read them, or discount everything that is said.
  10. Gortar Augur

Koneko is spot on. If you aren't undead then you shouldn't see Undead things. You are live, thus you see Live Invis things. If they were to change things, then changes should be made to fit every circumstance. Arguing that Apples are good and Oranges are bad is only appropriate if you are not arguing _FOR_ fruits and against vegetables, other wise your just being petty.
  11. Koneko Augur

sorry about the grammar and spelling but sadly I just really can't I understand if tha gets things glossed over but the only reason invis has the (Name) is because see invis they also made it so you see group members if low level but we don't get a see invis to undead so that's why not way of anything is that way for names go around with someone without faerune or the see invis aa and see how many people you still see with (Name) it should be considerably less and invis vs undead doesn't hide you from things that see invis things it only makes you invis to undead things and even then some undead see to invis vs undead just like some living things see vs normal invis also and ivnis vs undead will not make you pass by them try using invis and invis vs undead to stroll your way to the rathe council chamber in korascian warrens
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

*shrug* Even if you included IvA, and gave it say "IvA" to show it was present, it would still be nice to know at a glance if you're wearing invis, IvU, both, or SoS. I have 11 types of invis blocked, because it messes with my SoS. Being able to see at a glance would be a handy thing. Not having to hover over every eye buff in yer window would be handy, as well.