Raid Bard

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by tuffer, Sep 7, 2014.

1. tuffer Journeyman

I've been raiding end game for a few years now and just wanted to see what other bards are doing.

what or how do you all maximize your melee dps during raids for burns
  2. Tutmir Journeyman

To maximize your personal dps you have to sacrifice some survivability. But you should NEVER sacrifice your groups dps, your goal should be to parse 50k+ while keeping every dps in your group in the top 10 on the guild parse.

You can go either 100% Hdex or Hstr augs and gear. That also means selecting non vis pieces with the highest spell damage. For Hstr the best spell damage set is the beastlord non vis. For Hdex its the ranger/monk set. The beastlord set edges out the monk/ranger set by 2 spell damage per piece, but you get the added defensive stats from Hdex. It all comes down to personal preference.

For a burn event in a melee group you want a melody that looks like this:
    1: Aira
    2: Suffering
    3: Warmarch
    4: Kaficus' Insult
    5: Hycast's Insult

/melody 1 4 5 2 4 5 3 4 5
    You must run Tune Stuck In Head to run this melody, if at any time Aria falls off that is a dps loss for your group.

Run your normal ADPS AA's, epic, ect. Make GTT triggers for any and all adps that will benefit you so you can track when they are up and for how long.

You want to run glyph of the cataclysm and Intensity of the resolute (7th vet reward aa) along with 1k blades, put these all in a macro.

And lastly you want to run Trophies and Tribute, if its a fight you are going to burn on turn them on before you engage. I still am messing with different tribute setups (accuracy, attack, Hstr, Str) so maybe someone who know's better can answer exactly which are the best, I've had trouble finding much discussion about it.
  3. Felixus Journeyman

1: Aira
    2: Suffering
    3: Warmarch
    4: Arcane Hymn
    5: Kaficus' Insult
    6: Hycast's Insult
    Playing Aira once every 9 songs isn't a good idea. It's our most powerful song. You are hurting your group's dps big time with that melody. Better off with /melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 or /melody 1 2 3 5 6.