Please devs.... block barter ability

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nightops, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Nightops Augur

Can the devs please put in an ability to block selected barters?

We have some people on luclin that put up a -buy- price for everything... to include traditional vendor trash. They are extremely annoying and try to undercut even the price vendors pay for their trash like diamonds. This massive flood of trash buy lines blocks out the other barters and their lines.

I'm not much of a bazaar / barter person so if there is an easy way to block out a selected barter, please can someone post. I didnt see a way to de-select / hide.. only a way to show each barter seperately.
    guado and Stickietoes like this.
  2. Potawatomi Augur

Diamonds aren't trash....
    Aanuvane likes this.
  3. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

The barter system just needs more filters and a little better design overall.

When people put common vendor fodder up as a buyer, you can sell to them from any location in the game. If I am in Windsong and am overrun with junk in bags, I can sell it to a buyer without leaving. Even if I only get 75% of what I could to a NPC vendor its still well worth it if I need the space.

It also works ok with lore items that you would otherwise be unable to loot. I had a Mysterious Belt of Daggers drop when I was in Pillars, but I had one on me. Rather than letting it rot I saw someone buying in the bazaar, so I sold mine and looted the new one.

I would suspect often times it is someone that realizes this and is selling to their own buyer bot.
  4. lumin Elder

It would be nice also if an item can only put up on a buyer 1 time, we see a lot that a buyer will put up for a item at say 300k, and on the same buyer put up for that item for 1 copper, im sure some people have fallen for this and sold the item for a copper and never got anything back for it.
  5. Stickietoes Augur

This does need to be fixed, last few months i see 1-2 barters on the list out of 20ish.
    Krono, 815k
    then...
    Diamonds 100 plat
    + a billion other TS's
  6. Porterz73 Augur

I agree the Barter window needs work.

The ability for a person to have a buy line for the exact same item for varying prices should be removed. This is just giving scammers an opportunity to rip people off.

I have seen several people post for Krono at the market rate (currently about 750 to 800 k on povar) then set up multiple buy lines for Krono at much lower prices like 80 k etc... This is an obvious scan and the ability to do this should be removed.
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  7. Cakeny Augur

How is it a scam? People should pay attention when they buy/sell.
  8. Wolfmother67 New Member

While people can pay attention to what they buy/sell it's a scam if it's meant to trick someone out of what they could get from a regular vendor. The intent to trick someone makes it so.
  9. Siddar Augur

A minimum maximum buy price fillter would be nice.

Simply having the ability to not see items say bellow 250pp in search would declutter barter search for the higher end items.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Hmmm give the plat to a player even if it maybe less or give it to a game generated npc that swallows the plat never to be seen again...
  11. lumin Elder

One thing I have found is the default size of the window for the barter will cut off the end of very large prices, this being said it is very easy to sell something for 60k rather than 600k simply due to the window size. I was smart enough to resize my window and catch it, but im sure others have been burned on this. FYI, im talking about when you are standing at the barter toon, not using the remote sell window.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Removing plat from circulation is a crucial aspect of the game...
    The lack of useful plat costs is part of the reason prices (and bank accounts) are so high.
    Seven years ago, I sold an original manastone for 1.5 million...that was ridiculously high. These days, one sees CoTF/HH tradeables for 1 million + and krono for 700-900k. Those numbers were few and far between until more recent years. (Last year's krono price was 400k or less)

I'd never sell vendor drops to a barter for less than vendor price. A friend/guildie? Sure, but not a barter. That is just giving free money away.
  13. Folkar_CC Journeyman

One thought , have the ignore list also be considered in the barter window. If someone is on your ignore list, you would not see their barter or bazaar items.
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  14. Kravitz Augur

Krono prices are already hitting 900k+ on my server. And the dev's have stated there is a physical limit to buy and trade lines of 2 mill plat or so. So I wonder what will happen, once we reach that limit, most people don't even know how to set it to 2 mill, and the in game option only goes upto 1 mill.

Unless they find some way to remove plat out of the game quickly, the cost of most things that people want(demand) will approach that physical limit. Soon, we'll be back to EC tunnel /ooc type bazaar, but this time it will all be in channel General, because people will want to sell stuff for more than 1 million but can't in the bazaar.

As for the OP, the reason why there are so many items in barter is 1) noone wants to farm them, 2) there are permanent buyers who have 8+ traders, farming your plat cause they have access to more tradeslots (restricted to 100 slots per trader) with multiple traders, so are able to put alot more junk up for sale on their traders.
  15. Brumski Augur

Have they ever addressed putting adding in a new type of coinage? 100 plat = 1 titanium for example
  16. Catriana New Member

You have no way of knowing what their intent is. It could be that their intent is simply to provide a vendor that will buy anything and is accessible from anywhere in game, but at a lower price than standard vendors. That would not be a scam, that would be them providing a convenient way to sell.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Also, those of you claiming people are listing the same item for different plat amounts, are you sure that it was what you think? As a /buyer you can offer more than just plat for items; you can offer an item, multiple items, or an item plus plat in exchange for the item you are wanting to buy. In the last case the search box only lists the plat amount unless you select that search line and look closer at it. It is entirely possible that those people who are "buying" the items for a lot less than current market value are also including another item as part of the transaction.
  18. Porterz73 Augur

Very sure that the Scammers I had mentioned are just that Scammers and the obvious intent is to catch someone not paying attention to their dishonesty. The ability to do this should be stopped and I would encourage the community to avoid the people who practice this completely. (As I do)

If you want to see several examples of this simply track Krono and the perps will be easily spotted.
  19. Iila Augur

Doesn't matter, the game stores everything as values in copper. We need the variable used to store that changed to one that goes over 2 billion cp.
  20. Kravitz Augur

Can't be done, the limit is equivalent to 2 million pp + some change, something to do with 32bit code iirr. Its been brought up several times on these forums, you can do a search for it that has a dev response.