[Cleric] AA ideas for the new expansion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Crystilla Augur

Elidroth posted that next Tuesday (Aug 26) he's going to do the AA chats for clerics. 10am pacific / 11am mountain / noon central / 1pm eastern (apologies overseas folks, please convert accordingly).

He posted a google docs which shows which already existing lines he plans to upgrade with The Darkened Sea. What other existing AA lines or what new AA lines do we want to see or feel that we need?

As a note, HERE was our list from last year (post 27 has the full list, and then just read the next two posters after that).
  2. Crystilla Augur

Pulling over some ideas from the prior thread. Go ahead and add in your own favorites or things you think is doable and not overpowered.

ADDITIONS OF EXISTING AA'S
    HEALING/CURING
    • Rank 10 of Radiant cure - increases the amount of counters (or adding corruption counters)
    • Rank 2 of Group Purify Soul - Increase counters (or adding corruption counters)
    • Rank 3 of Purify Soul - Increase counters (or adding corruption counters)
    • Rank 3 of Purified Spirits - adds corruption counters
    • Improved Exquisite Benediction - Increase the healing done by this AA
    • Improved Ward of Purity - Increase the counters done by this AA
    • Rank 6 of Divine Guardian
    • New ranks of Hastened Renewal (to bring the spell recast timer down to 15 seconds to finish the AA line, base is 30 and AA currently brings it to 18 sec, last updated in Underfoot)
    • Improved Glyph of Courage (crit heals and HoT mod)

DPS (Spell or Melee)
    • Rank 25-27 of Destructive Fury (last updated in RoF expansion)
    • Rank 28-30 of Fury of Magic
    • New ranks of Celestial Hammer (last updated in RoF)
    • New ranks of Divine Avatar (last updated in RoF)
    • New rank of Hastened Improved Twincast (last updated in VoA)
    • Rank 5 of Twincast (to bring chance to 5%, last updated in HoT)

MISCELLANEOUS
    • New ranks of Persistent Casting
    • New ranks of Shielding of Spirits
    • New ranks of Hastened Blessing of Resurrection (to bring reuse down from 9 sec to 6 sec, 12 sec is the base, last upgraded in Underfoot)
    • New ranks of Hastened Divine Resurrection (last updated in RoF)
    • New rank of Hastened Forceful Rejuvenation (last updated in RoF)
    • New ranks of Hastened Mass Group Buff (last updated in RoF)
    • Rank 2 of Repel the Wicked (modifies the push and up numbers so the mob gets knocked back out of the group area-currently rank 1 does not move the mob far enough AND adds a root for the mob)
    • Rank 2 of Veturika's Perseverance (adds 5k HP/Mana)

BRAND NEW AA'S
    HEALING/CURING
    • Improved Sanctified Blessing - Increases the chance that a heal will be granted by Sanctified Blessing.
    • Twice Blessed - When Divine Intervention spell line fires on a player, grant that player a second heal.
    • Hastened Intervention - Reduce the recast timer on all intervention spells by 1 second per rank
    • Hastened Contravention - Reduce the recast timer on all contravention spells by 1 second per rank
    • Quickened Anticipated Interposition - Reduce the cast time of Anticipated Interposition spell line
    • Hastened Issuance of Grace - Reduce the 5 min reuse timer by 10 seconds per rank
    • Healing Companion - A single target version of Issuance of Grace, that gets cast on a player. Grants them a very large heal over time for 30 seconds. 5 min reuse. Purpose: Emergency tool to handle spike damage (a beefed up steadfast servant).

DPS (Spell or Melee)
    • Bash of Life AA - Allow you to proc a group heal when you bash (similar to how the recourse of life AA will proc off a bash)
    • Affliction Mastery rank 1-3 (using critical affliction level 6 as the pre-requisite)
    • Destructive Cascade rank 1-3
    • Group Divine Avatar - Infuses divine spirits within everyone in group, increasing their attack and damage for a short period. (Gives clerics their first ability ever that boosts melee).
    • Improved Turn Undead - Increases the % chance that the first tick will be the 'big boom'. Also increases the size of the big boom to match the spell version boom amount.
    • Quickened Stun AA - Similar to the paladin AA, this shortens the cast time of all stuns by 50% (will not affect abilities already shortened by other means)
    • Templar's Judgement - This imbues your direct damage spells with the power of judgement.
    • Blessing of Light - Increases the damage done by procs when meleeing

MISCELLANEOUS
    • Halt the Dead - Snare AA (extend the one that paladins received in SoD expansion to clerics for TDS)
    • Quickened Call of the Herald - reduce cast time by 10 seconds per rank (with this method, it would take 4 expansions before the cleric version is reduced to the same reuse timer that druids have of 2 minutes fully hastened)
    • Forceful AA - Works similar to forceful rejuvenation but actually resets AA timers instead of spell timers
    • Extended Ward of Certitude - Increases the number of hits that ward will stay on for (and amount of time it lasts)
    • Instant Ward - Ward of Certitude type spell (but less powerful) which is instant cast
    • Hastened Ward of Certitude - Reduce the 2.5 minute reuse timer
    • Group Divine Aura - 1 hour 24 min reuse. Lasts 18 sec (is extendable)
    • AA version of Mark of the Righteous spell
    • Invis
    • Blessing of (GOD) - take the items from the old initiate/symbol/regent quests and put them as AA's
    • - Blessing of Brell - summons an ale
    • - Blessing of Innoruuk - snare AA
    • - Blessing of Tunare/Karana, etc.
  3. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

NEW AA's

Healing

Bountiful Reach - Increases the range of group heal spells

Hastened Beneficence levels 1-5 - Reduces cast time of any beneficial with a cast time greater than 2 seconds by .2 seconds per rank.

Miscellaneous

Reaching Divinity - Greatly increases the casting range of Spire of Divinity abilities

Upgraded Existing AA's

Miscellaneous

Spell Casting Mastery 5-6 - Lowers the mana cost of spells by 20 and 25 percent.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

I know you said aa's, but maybe they can work on other wishes too?

Group shining bastion please......pretty please?....pretty please with sugar cookies on top?..........and fruit punch?
    Some kind of upgrade to our Soothing Glow line? Too unreliable.

More Divine Avatar goodness? Longer perhaps?
    An aa mount ever purtier than the Paladins?

You pretty much covered everything already.
  5. Teslin Journeyman

I've thrown this in before but I will say it again - an aa self-target only fixed duration invis.

Also, since we now have an aa that extends the reach for casting DIs, I would like to see a corresponding way to extend the reach for casting SB. I never DI someone without also SB'ing them. Lately, I have found myself having to run out into dangerous areas just to refresh SBs on the main tank, while I can safely sit back and refresh a DI on the same tank. SB must be refreshed usually far more often than a DI.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Upgrades to existing AA (that weren't already mentioned, or adding something specific):
    • Divine Avatar - upgrade heal over time component (currently 610 HP/tick)
    • Touch of the Divine - upgrade heal over time component (currently 534 HP/tick)
    • Extended Channeling the Divine - currently 18 seconds (with buff extension)
    • Twinproc - currently 6%
    • Quickened Call of the Herald - currently 6s cast time
    • Ward of Purity - currently cures only 2 counters per tick.
    • Exquisite Benediction - currently heals only 530 HP/tick
    • Extended Battle Frenzy - currently only lasts 30 seconds. 15 minute refresh
    • Hastened/Extended Divine Guardian - currently 6 min duration, 7 min reuse. If Divine Guardian gets looked at, it would help if the spell icon could be changed (this icon is shared with Sneering Grin).
    • Extended Celestial Rapidity - currently 1 min duration, 10 min reuse
    • Hastened Divine Resurrection - currently ~8h reuse
    • Hastened Divine Retribution - currently 25 min reuse
    • Hastened Cascading Divine Aura - currently 72 min reuse
    • Blessing of Sanctuary - this AA is difficult to use, because the recipient doesn't usually know it's coming. This makes it almost always fail to save someone. It would be nice if it could have a "proc heal on fade" (of sanctuary), or some sort of aggro reduction. Alternatively, a "cascading" sanctuary (cast another sanctuary on fade) might help.
    New AA suggestions -
    • Twincure (is that even possible?)
    • Group or single target defensive buff (short duration, instant/no cast time, long reuse) would be helpful when things get hairy. Like a targetable version of Reprove (a big, fat Vie) or Bracing Phalanx (high % mitigation buff).
    • Innate SPA 392 (this is the flat, non crit/focusable heal bonus effect on the RoF BP clicky) of some small amount (maybe 1000). This would assist many trivial heal proc items in becoming useful (i.e. the UF shawl proc). Not sure this is feasible. Alternatively, an innate bonus to heal proc effects would be useful.
    • Innate chance to proc a heal on our target's target when we cast detrimental spells (like how Vehement Recompense procs a group heal on detrimental spells).
    • Reduced recast time on our stuns. They all have linked timers, so we can only use 2 stuns at a time (30 and 24s recasts currently).
    Regarding cures; all the cure AAs have been brought up before, and are on the list. I want to point something out about current cures -

[IMG]

Radiant Cure used to be the primary AA for curing most nastiness in EQ. It is now one of the worst cures in the game, and cures very few things without outside assistance. It really needs to cure more counters.

Purify Soul (and group) have really long recast times, and are really underpowered for what they do. These AA absolutely need to cure corruption, and they could really use some hastening too (especially Group Purify Soul with a 30 min reuse). These AA can't cure most things in one shot in current raid content (DH1 - 120 disease counters, Lanys - 75 curse, corruption counters). They serve only as emergency cures with the long recast time - and only partially cure.

If Radiant Cure and group/single Purify Soul can't have corruption counters, a new AA that cures corruption would be helpful.
    Iila likes this.
  7. Iila Augur

Cures and content that requires cures have had a bad disconnect for a while. Most effects seem to made for bard or paladin cures, and are extremely obnoxous to cure as a priest. Numerous raid effects will have 1-4 counters left after using RC, or 2 counters left after using my single target cure. Or they just keep ticking up the number of counters without checking what the priest's cure capabilities are.

With how fast a lot of effects get reapplied, it's far easier for me to heal my group through damage than to waste a bunch of time curing for a small respite before the dot gets cast again.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

Elidroth is the AA dev, not the spell dev, and he's the one doing this chat. It's a matter of getting all of the AA requests pooled to present them in a clear and orderly fashion, because asking for things the AA dev doesn't do, or arguing with each other in front of him (and wasting time), or not having anything useful to say, just wastes the opportunity.
    Iila likes this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Well, actually I was answering Crystilla's post, and got a little overexcited in the extremely good mood I was in, guess that's my bad. Guess I will amend my suggestions to an aa mount.
  10. Eandolf Elder

Here's my wish list (mostly just dreaming here):

• Hastened VP (self only mana)
    • Extended Range Quiet Miracle - for the long pulls
    • Upgraded Exquisite Benediction
    • Upgraded Ward of Purity
    • Increase duration of Silent Casting
    • Increase duration Celestial Rapidity
    • Extended duration Flurry of life
    • Extended duration Healing Frenzy
    • Hastened Divine Peace
    • Reduced cooldown on Renewal line
    • Reduced cooldown on Intervention line
    • Reduced cooldown on Light line (make it useful again)
    • Hastened Light line (make it useful again)
    • Improved cure AAs (these have all been mentioned already)
  11. Clarisa Augur

This should cast a direct heal per tick instead of a duration effect if possible (like the heals cast by the current Issuance of Grace, not an Elixir or Celestial Regeneration) to prevent stacking issues. I would probably aim for 20,000 hp per cast (unfocused of course since wards can't focus their heals). It sounds overpowered but compared to Issuance of Grace, which has the potential to heal an unlimited amount of targets within its range of effect for around 104,600 hp over its entire duration, it is not.
  12. Nylrem Augur

Hastened intervention/contravention is my highest priority, but I want a bit more than 1s per rank, unless we get MANY ranks of it.

Assuming we get an improved Graceful Remedy, for a multibind of New Graceful > current graceful > intervention > intervention > intervention to be viable, with no other single target heals consuming up spell gems, then we would need interventions to be 23.7s or less recast after max hastened AA.

If they make new Graceful on same timer as current one, would need it to be like 16.8s or less recast, max hastened, to only need graceful + 3 interventions for single target healing.

I agree our cures are pitiful. It's easier to heal through most DoTs than cure them, because we don't get enough cure counters on our cures. It's ridiculous. Our long recast cures, group purify soul, etc, should cure EVERYTHING... like 300 counters of everything.
  13. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

I like most of the ideas I see here. And the mention of a healing proc AA. Heal's our target's target when we use an offensive spell, sounds okay, but really most of the offensive spells I really use do that already, unless I'm nuking undead. And even then we have Vehement Recompense. Since they are gearing us toward meleeing more, maybe an innate melee healing proc on our target's target.

I'd like to see additional ranks to Vehement Recompense and Tunare's Grace, though it might be too soon after their initial introduction.
  14. Mykaylla Augur

According to Elidroth's handy dandy Google Drive, clerics are slated to get three more ranks of Tunare's Grace, and three more ranks of Vehement Recompense already.
  15. SpamFactory Augur

I'd like an AA that negates NPC ripostes on cleric melee attacks, similar to what all melee/tank classes have
  16. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Awesome, thanks for the info Mykaylla. All good stuff there....
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

While they give us Staff block might as well give us 2 handed bash, its on the rangers and monks list. Why not clerics?
  18. Zahrym Augur

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it's on the list but here goes -

Roomie wants to make 2 suggestions.

1) 'Circle of Life' type heal aoe, this would essentially be a raid aura that pulses healing, or shields, similar to the old wards but much more powerful with a long cooldown.
    2) AA that makes DI function like Glyph Spray, once an hour (or out of combat etc) you can Tranquil/MGB a DI for your raid.
  19. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Eandolf mentioned it... Exquisite Benediction hasn't been updated since Omens? New ranks (massive upgrade) bringing it in line with the Issuance of Faith/Grace line would be nice. I honestly haven't used it and paid attention to what it even does in so long I forget what it heals at max level... 45 hp a tick?
  20. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Long refresh, MGB QM.
    Thank you for the MGB Rez :)