Time to require 'Full Access' for Test Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by beyrak, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Indigo Augur

badpoet,

Test chat is worse than any on Live when it comes to personal attacks. These trolls start with their liberal or atheist troll comments and wait for responses. If a person responds and disagrees, the attacks are on. It's as if this is a coordinated effort lately from numerous people, a liberal organization, or simply someone using multiple characters. From what I've seen it's basically 3-4 people. But then a couple more always jump in with the mob mentality. I would love to post their names here on the forum, but I don't think I'm allowed.

I, too, would love to see Test require 'All Access' or allow transfers off. I don't enjoy Test any more because of this trolling, and I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LEAVE GENERAL CHAT!!!
  2. FcsevenXIII Augur

I think full access should be required to talk in general chat. Not only that but some kind of /callvote command to kick people from the channel.I know on Tunare we have everything the OP gave examples of and more. The atheists, liberals, trolls, perverts, and the guy who talks to himself.
  3. Fendy Augur

I play on Bristlebane and I've had general chat turned off for years. Test is definitely not the only place childish chat happens.
    Elricvonclief and Atlans like this.
  4. TestPlayer New Member

Just allow players born on Test to transfer off, naked. Charge for it too. More money in the form of expansions being purchased/monthly sub/mass krono buying to regear in 92/100 gear at the very least...

No brainer!
  5. Ravengloome Augur

They stopped allowing that when FTP launched =(
  6. Sheaffer Augur

I'd pay 100 bucks to be able to transfer a naked character off test
  7. Ravengloome Augur

It only costs 35 dollars. Make a heroic.

If they do transfers off test it should be with 0 aa's. Gear is easy to replace, and people would abuse the crap out of Test if you could xfer off naked but with all the easy mode AA's.
  8. Sheaffer Augur

A heroic doesn't have all my flags and such...but you're right there is a huge potential for abuse.
  9. SlackINC New Member

Probably because the garbage can be ignored, filtered, or turned off. General is the lowest common denominator in spite of it having its practical uses. People use it as a forum like any other and it had its different echelons of stereotypical trolls.
  10. Ozni Elder

I think it's worth mentioning here that, as history as shown, a free server that becomes too much of a nuisance for CS can and will get the axe. These are lean times, for the game and the staff; it's not outside the realm of possibility for them to throw their hands up and dump everyone on Trakanon minus gear and plat, and leave it to Live to be the new Test.

So recognize that there's a difference between /reporting Bob every time he quotes Dawkins, and /reporting people who are legitimate chronic problems with harassing and berating other players.
  11. Tornat Augur

no ideal what you guys are talking about i play on test most the time its just people giving away stuff in general and people saying HI and bye to each other? every so often there's a troll /ignore works wounders?
  12. Fendy Augur

13. Sarph New Member

Funny. I made this same thread like two years ago. I can only imagine what it is like now. Some of the people that lambasted me back then are suddenly all for it. Go figure...
  14. jeskola pheerie

Same thread? You mean that you wanted Test server people to have to pay, or that Test Server general chat was being trolled?

As an active member of the test community since February 2013, I can say I have not seen a lot of the general trolling, and when I have from time to time (no more than a live server), it is a simple matter of leaving genchat for a bit. I haven't been on a lot in the last 4 weeks so if there has been a sudden influx, then I am not aware of it, but it seems some people are using genchat as an excuse for other concerns they have such as raidcopies.
  15. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

This is quite possibly one of the most "despressing" things ive come across. /shun OP
  16. beyrak Augur

That is nuts. Auto-Grant makes AA grinding a thing of the past.

Take their money, leave them the clothes on their back, even only allow transfers to Zek, but let us get off this nightmare.

BTW, since this thread was started, I haven't seen any issues on Test. Maybe the trolls are on alert.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

You do realize most classes have 5 to 7k aa's after there autogrant to grind out right?

Also if they allowed transfers off test, more people would abuse the /resetaa tricks... Even if it cost 100 dollars, the sheer amount of time people could/would save would make it worth it too some.
  18. Fendy Augur

I visited the test server earlier today and listened to general chat for a bit. Didn't take long for them to start discussing this thread. They thought it was humorous.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Thats because it is Humorous
    Sancho and Iila like this.
  20. Vanrau Augur

I haven't joined general chat in years. It is a public channel with no moderation. If you want moderation, create your own channel.
    Leerah likes this.