I don't think I understand Magelo Rankings???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

IDotPeople likes this.
  2. Ddink Journeyman

its just checking for level 100 so other people might of hit 100 first
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

IDotPeople likes this.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's just a setting to filter for only level 100's - not (to my knowledge) any indicator of who hit 100 first or when.
    If that was the case - Jamazing would never rank at #11 in the Chanters - for example.
    -R
  5. Zentara Augur

You gave it no criteria to rank on...how exactly would you expect it to display?

It's probably defaulting to whatever the underlying database default pull is: for some, it's row creation time, but for many it's not really deterministic, or at least not by a human.
    feiddan likes this.
  6. Grelthur Elder

That's just bizarre, especially considering Elven is listed at 7, four spots lower than Daevik with higher stats on all criteria. I just checked the clerics for there as well, it looks even worse. I have no idea what magelo chooses to sort by without specified criteria.
  7. SaderakhBertox Augur

Is this one of those "bored at work" threads? haha
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

I assumed without a specified criteria - it would have it own "default mix" to rank on.
    You can specify criteria to get whatever results you want.... sure.

Using me as an example - If I specify AC and ATK - I still hit at 16/17 - same as with nothing specified. So (to me) my ranking still "makes sense" - some of them seem off the wall though.
    -R
  9. Zentara Augur

It does--look on the bottom left column, "Rankings by Class".
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

That makes sense. It works for Jamazing - she stays at 11.
    However Rat falls to 22 doing it that way - so something else is at play in the default mix.
    In my case it seems to be favoring AC over HP in the default. Even though it says HP/ATK, It's defaulting me more at AC/ATK - for example with nothing specified.
  11. Mintalie Augur

Something with Magelo has been borked for quite some time. Most of the mages display about 1500 m/hp above their actual m/hp. I've no idea what they're doing over there, but they're doing it wrong!

And yes, rankings are important. It helps us strive to improve ourselves. :)
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

What I find interesting, is that you can see the Guilds that actively encourage their members to update rankings - vs the "slackers" that don't update. :)
    -R
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  13. feiddan Augur

This.

It may also be sorting by criteria not listed on that page - it could be something as silly as Fire Resist or Charisma.
  14. Maedhros High King

Haha way to go Daevik!
  15. gcubed Augur

There is no "default mix", at least none that is based on the data displayed. Without a sort criteria you get a list based on what order the line items were found in the database.

As to what order that data is pulled: Well, that depends on the type of database, how the tables are constructed and the nature of the generated query. It is only coincidence that sorting by AC/ATK causes you to wind up in the same position. Chances are after the next major database maintenance that will not be the case. I suspect you would be in the same position of the unsorted list if you bagged all your gear and updated your profile while naked.
  16. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

For me personally, when I search for wizards on my own server.. I go by level, then mana and then hitpoints.
  17. IDotPeople Augur

Oh my, thanks for the laugh here man. I mean nothing bad by it at all, just find the posts + the links hilarious.
    feiddan likes this.
  18. Sancus Augur

Wish Magelo allowed ranking by Spell Damage :confused:
    Mintalie likes this.
  19. IDotPeople Augur

I could go for a ranking by worthless TS items you'll forget about and never use sort.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

This must be the case, as it's the only answer that makes any sense.
    That said, Jamazing (enchanter) also suffers similar coincidence.
    I suspect the site might be "trying" to default to "something" - but doesn't pull it off.
    -R