Ancient Cloak of Flames

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montra38, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Montra38 New Member

Anyone happen to know the % of the drop rate of the ancient cloak of flames have not gotten it since it has started and been here over 30 hours in total?
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

3. Melanippe Augur

Something on the order of .01% :)
  4. Tzarok New Member

Any confirmation that it is dropping this year?
  5. Lighteningrod Augur

Only if you got flagged for it last year.
  6. Tzarok New Member

7. Candydare Elder

The drop isn't common but I have seen some players get 5 in a few hours and some get 2 cloaks in 3 days.

Good old random luck!:)
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

Huh???
    -R
  9. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

We played in Sol B for about 10 hours yesterday and finally got one to drop, just before we gave up from exhaustion. So yes, they are dropping, just really, really, rare/random.
  10. Tzarok New Member

Excellent, that's the confirmation I was looking for
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

I smell a "zoo" about to happen in Sol B <EG>
    -R
  12. Brosa Augur

Last year the total was 12-15k (can't recall the exact number) mobs before seeing the only cloak drop. This year it was 600. Its completely random. Although some conspiracy theorists say to track oldest mobs and kill them if there hasn't been a reported drop in a while. I have heard a few other theories on how to get them to drop but don't remember.
  13. gcubed Augur

There is a zone wide anti-camp radius on this thing. It will only drop if you are not in zone.

True story. /nod
    fransisco and Elricvonclief like this.
  14. Kimosavi Journeyman

Took me 28hrs, 1530 imps & 500 or so kobolds to get mine.
  15. IDotPeople Augur

The randomness on these is as random as ever, had similar experiences with the MM Ring. Killed in MM a lot for about 3-4 days, then suddenly, within the time frame of 2 hours, had 2 rings drop.
    Wayylon likes this.
  16. Slasher Augur

You want a real conspiracy. For me at least why does it seem like these drop more often when more people are in the zone :)
  17. Khat_Nip Meow

More people in the zone = more frequent kills = higher frequency of respawns get a new chance to have the cloak as one of their drops.
  18. Slasher Augur

But it doesn't increase your chances of getting one :)
  19. Drakkari Deathtongue New Member

I have yet to get one with over 5k kills yet a person who's never been in zone before gets one off the first kill xD.
  20. Jazfer Journeyman

random hero's forge junk. wizard hat. stone of tranquility. ancient cloak of flames.