how to keep track of syllable of fire?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by svann, Aug 12, 2014.

1. svann Augur

Not sure whether to post this in newbie or caster forum.
    Ive got a spell (claw of the flamewing) that procs a self buff onto me (randomly syllable of fire, cold, or magic) and Im having trouble figuring out how to keep track of it. Even though its only a 3 tick buff its landing in the long term buff window so its too hard to see it among all the others. I can use audio triggers to see when it goes up, but there seems to be no text that tells me when it fades. Anyone know how to see when it fades? Maybe a ui mod that can pull just those 3 buffs into a new window, or some setting Im missing that would show the text?
  2. Tzarok New Member

You could look into GamTextTriggers. It is a 3rd party program for audio triggers and such. It uttilizes your log file. You could have it start a timer that's 3 ticks whenever the buff lands and give you an audio trigger that the buff fades when the timer runs out
  3. Brohg Augur

The real answer is not to track the Syllable buffs. You'll lose dps by devoting attention to it & its syllabic friends. The damage boosters are nice to get, and the deagro buff, but you should only worry about making yourself aware of twincast & spell refresh procs… and mostly just the spell refresh one, since most of the time it's the only one you should change your casting behavior to accommodate, by immediately reusing Gambit :)
    Borek-VS and Nandi like this.
  4. Nandi New Member

Brohg is absolutely correct. I really tried to track the various syllable buffs and I used claw religiously. I got where I could spot the syllable and hit the right nuke pretty darn quickly. In the end, my dps is much, much higher totally ignoring the syllable buffs and using a multi-bind key. Claw is a great spell, but I could not get my dps high enough casting it, spotting the right syllable buff, and hitting the correct nuke as opposed to alternating between J key for my multi-bind nukes and my force line social hot key.