Little things you'd like to see added in future releases of patches

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KC13, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Lily Augur

I'd like to see icons in the group window showing a merc's stance (like the icons for player roles).
    I'd also like to see the group number appear in the group window when in a raid.
  2. Edrick Augur

I wish your deity mattered more... in a time long ago, in a galaxy far far far away, it affected factions. And Verant tried in Plane of Growth, but the idea never panned out. The only way deity matters now is cultural crafting and that really doesn't make any significant difference.

And you can choose your own deity, so I'm confused by that first part. Deity choices are restricted by lore. It wouldn't make sense for a halfling paladin to worship Innoruuk, if that is what you mean.
  3. Lily Augur

Consider mercs as members of your fellowship without them taking up a spot. Then 2 people and 1 merc would be sufficient to drop a campfire.
  4. malfurionn Elder

ah i see
  5. Koveras Elder

A few other things I also like to see happen in the near future as well for the little things to be part of updates.

1: Give the Quivers there own equipment slot, preferably it's own equipment slot where it would be above the Primary Weapon Slot, below the Leg Equipment Slot and on the left side of the Left Ring Equipment Slot, in addition give a belt attachment piece for that slot serve as throwing overhaste to fit on that slot.
    2: Make it so that all Quivers show Archery Overhaste as soon as you hold Right Click to see the stats for the item itself.
    3: Give us Cleave VIII and above, make it so that Cleave VIII and it's higher versions improve chance to not only do a Critical Hit but also a Crippling Blow (because later versions of Ferocity VIII and above gave chance to do Double Attack or Triple Attack, the similar should happen with Cleave VIII in terms of Critical Hits as well as Crippling Blows respectfully).
    4: The Quicken Demand for Honor AA should be replaced with a Quicken Honor AA line which should affect all spells within the Honor Line respectfully (Charge for Honor, Trial for Honor, Challenge for Honor, Confrontation for Honor, Provocation for Honor and Demand for Honor).
    5: Reintroduce the Paladin's Nife Spell Line expect this time around make it an offensive dot proc vs undead due to the sheer fact that offensive proc dots now exist.
    6: Some AA abilities should be more exploratory, say for example Combat Fury, make it so in addition it also mentions *Every rank in Combat Fury adds 1% additional chance to do Critical Hits and further increases the higher the dexterity becomes*. Another example is Veteran's Wrath, have that mention exactly how much additional critical hit damage per rank it gives out.
    7: Because Unified Credence, Unified Certitude, Unified Hand of Credence & Unified Hand of Certitude both grant an AC/HP buff among with Spell Haste, the Spell Haste from those spell buffs should last just as long as the AC/HP Buff respectfully.
  6. Caudyr Augur

Give us a throwing bag, as you said...and yeah, please.
    • Let mercs use the "Unity" buffs instead of the individual ones If not that, at least let them use the AC buff if they can't stick Credence on a PC.because of druid skin.
    • Let there be a storage bag, as said in the quote...that will hold things like throwing weapons (and auto-draw them from it)...and also have poisons and potions be able to go in it, too.
    • Change the way 'ranged attack' works for throwing weapons so that you only have to have the throwing weapon in the Ammo slot. It's really a pain to put them in both range and ammo, when we don't need an actual weapon aside from them to use them.
  7. wingz-83 Augur

Several sweeping nerfs to many different classes all at once!

Oh wait, no...this is supposed to be what we want to see not what's actually happening. Sorry disreguard.
    KC13 and Sinestra like this.
  8. Kayandra New Member

Group CotH, thanks.
  9. Chuck New Member

Functional maps for every zone. Every zone should have a map.
    Sinestra, Iila and beryon like this.
  10. Koveras Elder

Other things that should also be included as the little things people want to see in updates for EverQuest itself, I know this thread alone has a lot of potential so here's what I also have in mind as of this day.

1: EverQuest needs it so players can add higher level spells into there spell book, even if there not high enough to use them just yet, through it should be coded so that even if there in the spell book they can't use them until they reached to the proper level where they can use them, this way people won't have to go back to a spell vendor nor have to waste needed space in baggage so they can use such spells on the fly as soon as they reach to the level they can use them that where already put in to the spell book beforehand in the same way EverQuest 2 dose.
    2: EverQuest also needs new Hair Styles and it should be bought in the similar way as Hero's Forge is and they should include some of those hair styles from EverQuest 2 and put them onto EverQuest (some of them can be earned by questing while others can be earned by buying the hair dues, they should do this so Firiona Vie and Lanys T'Vil can have the hair styles as shown in the animated pictures of EverQuest itself).
    3: Food Equipment Slots and Drink Equipment slots not to mention Bags that are specifically made to hold Food and Drinks respectfully in those equipment slots, EverQuest 2 already has this, EverQuest in trade also needs the exact same thing, Food and Drink equipment slots.
    4: Make it so that the Eye Colors and the Hair Colors can also be chosen by custom means in the same way EverQuest 2 dose.
    5: Slight body height adjustment, this should be allowed to make characters a bit more unique, in trade this should also be an option if some video card standards can't otherwise allow it (through it should be noted that illusion forms will always remain the exact same heights that vary on the illusion form).
    6: About my last suggestion of giving Quivers there own equipment slot, I suggest the thought of making it so that Quivers can be equipped in the Ammo slot and give us Pouches specifically for Throwing Weapons. I also suggest the idea of making it so that those Pouches specifically used for Throwing Weapons should also have Throwing Haste in addition to the fact that Quivers have Archery Haste.

Again this is all I have for now, if I have more ideas I'll be sure to post them here
  11. Langya Augur

More refinement of the code for when you go LD (or log in an instance) that transports you to the safe place in the static zone its attached to and not Pok or the zone in to a LDoN instance.It works, sorta but not always.

Explore how keyboard lock ups happen in EQ (or someone tell me what I am doing wrong so it can be prevented)

Add a parcel agent to the standard guildhall, unless the aug distiller gnome already does that. If not, she seems qualified to handle it.

The ability to parcel items DIRECTLY for sale to your offline vendor and establish a sale price as well as collect revenue from sales by remote. Might as well embrace the fact that most people use bazaar mules and it would be nice to sell as easy to buy using the parcel system. If this feature already exists than disregard.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Furthermore, the process of buying a stone from a portal stone vendor only to hand it directly back to him always felt, to me, a little .... dumb. That's like calling someone to pick you up while you're staring at them in the driveway. Just doesn't belong.

Replace the portal stone vendor with an actual stone. Clicking on it brings up a map of Norrath with all the portal locations on it. You double click the one you want and the portal opens. This is a good place to also list level ranges for each zone, to help new or returning players.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Really, REALLY like this idea. Put some chase items in game behind quests involving home cities, and buff the guards to lvl 120, see invis, double bard speed, see SOS, and agro range of 2000. That'll keep those icky Dark Elves out of Kelethin!
  14. Rainbowdash Augur

Except me! I worked hard to max my faction! And decimate my faction with icky icky trolls.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Caster only throwing item. Summons 100/200 books for throwing at NPCs only (not at players) does the same damage as lates throwing weapons.

Sometimes I would really like to throw a book at someone,
  16. Koveras Elder

Since this thread still has life in it, here are a couple more ideas I have in mind.

1: Because Chest Pieces like Armor of Guidance, Etherlink Vest as well as Ethermist Robes have defense-based procs I seriously feel that Chest Pieces should have type 4 slots, in trade the type 4 augmentations involving defense procs should only fit on those chest pieces.
    2: Because Ring of Retort & Ring of Revenge have Riposte based procs, finger-only augmentations should also exist that involve Riposte procs.
    3: Combat Effects should be split into two parts, Combat Offense Effects & Combat Defense Effects.
    4: Some of the Nimbus clickies that offer benefits should have a separate buff that offers that specific benefit as most mount clickies do.
    5: Some of these negative effects like Fate's Knowledge feel rather confusing, while the description mentions *Predicating a target's movements lowers their accuracy and dodge ratings.* I looked at the information and noticed two things that really confused me as it mentions 1: Increase Chance to Hit by 75% with 1H Blunt. & 2: Increase Chance to Dodge by 50% Dose 1 mean by increasing the mob's chance to hit with just 1h blunt weapons and dose 2 also mean the mob's chance of dodge increases by 50%???
    I also like to add that the Final Rush buff from Gauntlets of Finality, why would this only increase chance to hit with just 1H Blunt Weapons despite the sheer fact it can be equipped by Warriors, Clerics, Paladins, Shadow Knights and Bards respectfully? Shouldn't this also include say Increase Chance to Hit by 120% with 2H Blunt/1H Slash/2H Slash/1H Piercing/2H Piercing/Hand to Hand respectfully?
    6: Classes like the Beastlord, Magician, Necromancer, Shaman & Shadow Knight should be given an AA ability that allows them to buff their pets with self buff clickies, either that or give them an AA ability that allows them to buff their pet with Gunthak Grit, Gunthak Fortitude and Aura of the Void, in trade such pet version of those buffs should also be upgradeable upon finishing the 2nd Part of CotF Tire 2.

Yep that's all I have in mind for now.
  17. Angahran Augur

Supposedly this got fixed recently.

What I would like to see would be a 'Create label at targeted NPC' button. (and optionally auto input the NPC's name)
    Sita likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

Also, just discovered this recently, you can give full bags to players, so if the player you are giving to has empty inventory slots, you could give 8 bags full of stuff.

(but a 10 slot trade window would be nice).
  19. Rowacorn New Member

Three things:
    1) the previously mentioned passage from the lobby to / from the Bazaar
    2) I'd like to be able to give a potion to my merc and have her use it
    3) pizza recipes
  20. Koveras Elder

One thing I should mention about is that should also one day happen is items like Polished Stone Collar as seen in the link should also provide a Bash bonus modifier in addition to the Kick bonus modifier it has, considering the fact it mentions in Item Information saying: This item is most beneficial to Warriors, Paladins, and Shadowknights.

If its most beneficial to Warriors, Paladins and Shadow Knights, why is it that items like this have no Bash Bonus??? Paladins and Shadow Knights don't get Kick.