Mage Pet Mitigation stealth change?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Putrify, May 3, 2014.

1. Daegun Augur

Girlfriend,

If you want to see the vision for pets moving forward log into test. What is on live does not represent all the planned changes.

Alternately you could read the threads in other forums where parses have been gathered and are being discussed.

Currently on test the Mage earth pet is seeing minimum DI hits in the 42-46% range for general non-named mobs and a representation of max end hits that we're not seen at all on pets some months ago. Those mitigation levels are still better than what the best raid geared tanks can achieve, but actual tanks have a broader scope of at will abilities and superior avoidance.

The data is there for you to browse at your leisure.

Veterans lounge is a good place to start, parses are also in the test sub forum and variables are still being tweaked.
  2. Wayylon Augur

Girlfriend,

Don't waste your time reading anything from the above poster. Trust me.
  3. onyuyan Augur

Deagun, do you mean 42-46% of the time or the hits. Because those are very different numbers. Aristo's stated goal was somewhat vague, but at least I took it to mean # of DI1/# of Swings rather than # of DI1/# of Hits.

Regardless of opinion, of the time does imply out of everything, not just of hits.
  4. Baramos Augur

That's my spouse. The response, "I know."
    Wayylon likes this.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

Aristo's goal is nonsense without context, and Aristo didn't provide that context.

When you say - 'I want pets to have 40% DI1 hits' - you need to provide, at the minimum, the following parameters -

* What pet, with what EM focus
    * What buffs
    * What mob

He didn't provide any of them outside of 'normal creatures in current content,' and that's what allows Daegun to 'assume' that Aristo was talking about EM 15 fully buffed earth pet mitigation vs. COTF T1 trash mobs, which is completely ridiculous.

Yellow con trash mobs in Argin-Haz are current content. Try your necro pet with no buffs vs. AH mobs and see whether the DI matches 40% DI1.
    beryon and Wayylon like this.
  6. Voragath Augur

I saw those AC charts and they aren't the error, as you noted as well. And they are being fixed as advertised and not stealth nerfed. What we have on live is an accident and what we have on test is devs asking for the input they said they'd ask for.

I'm not sure where you think I'm not listening to the class. I listen to evidence as much as anyone else and keep a good finger on the pulse of the community.

As far as logic, their are two types of logical flaws you mentioned: appeal to majority and appeal to history (tradition). An error can exist for a very long time. The majority can be wrong. Why the sudden change in AC? I dunno. The devs may be honest or they may not but I don't have their information to prove otherwise. If I start thinking every situation like this is a lie by the devs, I may as well quit the program and quit being concerned about changes to the game because EVERYTHING is a lie.

Here is the deal we are facing: a change to AC is happening. The result of that change means our pets are likely to cost upkeep which is something we really haven't had to face. To compensate, our pet dps is going up but it is likely not to keep pace (and it certainly isn't going to make up for what we lose in pet upkeep). I know precisely why all this is happening and I said it way back when we got nerfed for tanking raids. So, we can either bicker over the actual changes, or work at making the changes less harmful. I know where my energy is going to lie...
    Ineptocracy Leader likes this.
  7. Unsunghero Elder

What is the point? The parameters given are damning enough. Technically, as long as the mage earth pet with some random EM focus level functions at roughly 35%-40% DI 1 then the proposed changes are accomplished, according to the developers stated goals. Technically, they got it right with their first, weaker pet implementation on the Test server. You could still parse an earth pet out to doing 35%+ DI 1 hits against level 100 mobs from last Tier's content in the first Test server patch....so the developers should have stopped right there, according to their stated goals - they were done and balanced

Even if I had access to the Test server, I wouldn't bother parsing a thing when given the goals the developers gave. The goals leave pets underpowered because passive mitigation against singles is a dumb way to measure tanking. So myself, I take the stance that pets are OVERPOWERED currently on test, since they are at least a few % above 35% DI 1, which is apparently all that matters. They should nerf them back to their first test server patch implementation....or else change the listed goal
  8. Yimin Augur

Already I can tell my pet is a lot weaker she also hits for less dmg and my servant pet is very weak , plus they still no fix the bug where servant is cast at 66 percent life ...

Yimin
  9. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

The "energy" you spend in making the changes less harmful is hardly found in your posts.

You should be posting LOUDLY and with verbal STRENGTH to counter the BS utilized to "fix" our pets. Loudly and often. OFTEN is key. You need to speak the truth on these boards OFTEN enough that it finally begins to sink in.

That's why the other guys are successful. It's a barrage of overwhelming graphs and texts that people simply accept because it causes overload. It's propaganda. Your need to counter that propaganda.

As for mitigating any of these effects on test, I'm not seeing it. And I'm on test. It's a disaster.

The horror.

The horror.

As for the "error" you keep insisting on, read my spouse's post (Bara) at https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-changes-round-two.212698/page-5#post-3112326

That's where the truth is.