UI Wishlist Additions / Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, Apr 25, 2014.

1. SaderakhBertox Augur

I wouldn't mind a button in Options that dumped my character's UI files and other character specific settings (like audio triggers, bazaar trader) to a folder on the desktop, that kept the same folder structure within it.
  2. Saave Augur

Introduce a button that when pressed /clean all chat in ALL windows.
    /loadskin takes to long.
    This way, I don't have to type in each chat line in every window /cle,

6 PLAYER window. ( group window including yourself )
  3. Skelld New Member

I think what you want is /clearallchat.

- Skelld
  4. Coldfury New Member

a minimap would be great, like in ESO addon.
    id also like to be able to type in a location (100, -210 -11.8) and have it show up/mark on map
  5. Smallpox Augur

That is correct.
    /clearallchat This clears all chat from you chat windows.
    /clearchat Clears the Chat Window's scrollback buffer (current window)
  6. Fendy Augur

A box that always shows your x,y coordinates.
  7. Saave Augur

"I think what you want is /clearallchat.

- Skelld "

Thank you !
  8. Saave Augur

Easier pet targets. So I do not have to put pets in the Extended Target Window.
    Double tapping the number.. ya I know all that.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

To be fair, there is a default window set up (defaults.ini), it is the way the windows appear as you start a new character; few people choose to leave it like that though.

But I seriously doubt that the UI set up has anything to do with stopping new players from playing. There are a huge number of other more realistic reasons why players would stop playing EQ other than something like they didn't like how the UI is set up by default. I have never went over and set up the UI's of people I have introduced to the game, I pointed most of them to eqinterface.com and let them choose their own.

Adding an NPC to PoK that touches on the the basic UI set up commands and in game manipulations would be reasonable.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are custom ones that do just that. Go check out http://eqinterface.com
  11. Edrick Augur

I've gotten used to finding places with /loc ever since the game started, but I can't deny how obscenely useful this would be. This would be a glorious addition to the game.
  12. Saave Augur

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare said.

" There are custom ones that do just that. Go check out http://eqinterface.com "

I know, I used to be an author there. Nothing impresses me there. I would have to make my own. I don't want to get into interfaces again. But thank you for suggesting this to me.
    I miss Sklug. EQ's UI god.

The purpose to have a custom UI back in the day was lag. Clean up lag. And custom windows.
    Having all the frillies on windows.. fancy boarders.. etc.

Do a test now, download Fraps, set settings to show you the FPS of your game play. Check the FPS when you show your UI.. and hit F10 and take off the UI . Notice a HUGE difference. Especially with chat. Stretch down general from top of window to bottom .. and widen the window. Notice your FPS is under 10!? It is a lot of lag. Having various windows showing your bags etc.. = lag. It all adds up.

Still, doesn't let Default have a 6 player window. I use Default now. I change my icons, and changed my buff short / buff windows so that they are smaller icons and neatly on one side.
    The issue with old UI's ( custom ) was... every patch they would do, seemed to change Animations file.
    Recently they moved the dragitems to a different file. ( brilliant idea ) so less UI's being updated to be working.
    The old UI used to not be able to stretch. The locations were x and y .. now they use ' anchors '.
    Those are a pain in the butt.

So, ya, I'm not really ' enthused ' to be bothered to change the player window to make it in the group window. ( Visa versa )
    I am not a UI programmer. I don't do that everyday.. it would take me time to learn.
  13. Fendy Augur

I window that shows current factions. This is how EQ2 shows it
    [IMG][IMG]
    Sita likes this.
  14. Smallpox Augur

I could agree with having a window like this.... without the numbers (just the bars).