A connection to the server could not be reached.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Marton, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Montra38 New Member

wonder will they do anything for the inconvenience that they have caused us all
  2. Trilo New Member

Maybe that one person happened to be on vacation when the notification hit their inbox ...
  3. chrom New Member

Wonder how long this will last ,still cant login GRR
  4. Llaffer2 New Member

Soon™
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Wayylon Augur

I tried the flushdns thing, didnt work for me... I'm using Windows 8 though which is still like a foreign language to me.
  6. Philphans Lorekeeper

I manage multiple domains on network solutions. They will start to email you warning that one of you domains will expire 90 days ahead of time.

So if the person in charge of this was relying on that email and it is going to his junk folder....

Auto renew. If the CC in file is expired. Same thing they will email you. fairly early ... again junk folder problem?

Can't rely on email from the vendor.

As an admin I give myself a 30 day and a 15 day reminders on my calendar just so things like this won't happen.
    Leerah and Llaffer2 like this.
  7. Barc Lorekeeper

8. DJMAD New Member

Apparently I was wrong, hahaha!
    Leerah likes this.
  9. Wildtim New Member

I was able to log in after i cleared catch and cookies have not had issue.. I would do this now that they have resolved the issue on there end
  10. Drakang Augur

Hmm Sony's credit card or bank account bad or in default for auto renew lol.
  11. Leerah Augur

Heads will roll.
  12. RS78 Lorekeeper

I flushed the chache and deleted cookies still cant load up the EQ main page. forums seem to load up fine. I currently have 2 accounts running in game, wondering if im going to have a problem if i want to switch out to different accounts?
  13. tnot Elder

Tried everything people suggested here, no go, cannot log in. Pretty pissed off.
  14. Machen New Member

A quick workaround for people who can't get online.

Go into your network connection properties, under Internet Protocal Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

Include one of the following under "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

These are sony's DNS servers. It will resolve the EQ related domain names for you.

You'll also want to include something like opendns.org's dns server for resolving other names.

Otherwise you will be able to get to Sony's stuff but nothing else on the internet.

You may need to do ipconfig /flushdns after this.

You'll also want to reset this to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in a day or so.
    Quatr, Ayoheee, sdeco and 2 others like this.
  15. Drakang Augur

That works. Not an elegant solution but it works.
  16. tnot Elder

I did as you suggested, manually entering those 4 DNS's, the game now works, all other internet sites also work, thank you!
  17. Llaffer2 New Member

I was able to log into the game using the
    Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    command and not having to change around my DNS settings. Seems once they got everquest.com resolved, everything started working.
  18. Machen New Member

Yeah, this will work if your isp has already updated their dns records for soe. Normally this takes anywhere from 1-24 hours depending on the isp and how often the domain is accessed, although in theory it can take up to 3 days. If your isp hasn't updated yet, though, then the workaround I posted will solve it until the isp updates.
  19. sdeco Lorekeeper

Thanks Machen.
  20. Milfurd Augur

2 PM EST here in Boston. No connection to EQ game.

Can't connect to everquest.com.

update: can log in to EQ