New Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Zantor Augur

For the most part, loving the new spells, but also have some questions about them. Like Call of the Heroes, love that spell, summons all players in your group to you. But would love if they summoned mercs also, they get left behind and if far enough away, have to go get them. And Cauldron of Countless goods, love all them upgraded items it now summons, but is crystallized Sulfur supposed to be one of them? Or is that the new Pale of Slop? lol

And for SK's, love Mindless Hatred, but not seem to last all that long and not work on red con mobs. Which especially in a raid, makes it almost useless. And Tvyl's Resolve, tested it on the dummy in GGH and only had a 700 DPS increase. Just a few questions if I could get some feedback on.
  2. onyuyan Augur

Call of the Heroes doesn't coth mercs? That was the only use I could see for it (clothing all the mercs out at once when they stupidly went into melee range). I don't really see the usefulness of it now unfortunately
  3. Zantor Augur

Well it is nice since it CoH's all group members at once. But yeah I think it should bring any and all mercs you may have in the group also. Also a odd note, it also summons the mage to the spot he is currently at, so any mount you are on goes poof. Not that big of a deal, just can get annoying.
  4. Gialana Augur

Was the person who had the mercenary designated as puller? It has been my experience that a person's mercenary can get lost when they are designated as puller. But even if the mercenary is standing across the zone from the group, taking puller off of the owner instantly pops the mercenary to the owner, as long as the group doesn't have aggro (not positive about the aggro bit).
    Voragath likes this.
  5. onyuyan Augur

I guess this is more convenient but generally the only time the cast time of coth matters to me is during combat where it saves mercs. Without that it's just slightly more convenient (not enough for me to buy pearls).
  6. Zantor Augur

Well I was set as pull and my bards caster of course wasn't, we got CoH'd but the 2 caster mercs not. Well if you are close enough the mercs will run up to you, but not clear any aggro they may have.
  7. YellowBelly Augur

Cauldron of Countless goods is a little too good. I would not be surprised to see it "adjusted" in the future.
  8. Nylrem Augur

Cauldron is too good? Seriously? What is it, pray tell, that you believe it summons that is 'too good'?

There was a large amount of discussion on beta forums about each item it summoned, with many adjustments made, to make them semi worthwhile. The food/drink was increased to be 'worthwhile, but not as good as the best TS food/drink available' in accordance with the dev's intentions.

The pet weapons started with the same proc as what we currently summon in armaments bag, but were increase, in accordance as with past cauldrons, they have a higher DD proc than the common summoned ones.

The gate clicky having 3 charges rather than the single one that it's had since the level 78 cauldron seems a fair upgrade, which is mainly convenience only (devotes less bag slots to the doors).

The cloak is the exact same one we've been getting since level 78.

The augs were a joke, started at like 24AC. We lobbied to get them increased to something halfway useful for alts of alts, at least. Or returning players, to give away to them to fill slots until they could get better.

The ice nuke clicky shouldn't even be considered, since it normally won't even get summoned, since most magicians would be carrying a summoned icebound shard, which is only slightly less dps than the cauldron version anyway and shares lore item group, so the 30 min recast of the cauldron gets wasted.

The EM focus clicky is Last Expansion's group focus. Not to mention it only works for a few hours.

None of these items, even if the recast of the cauldron were 5 minutes instead of 30, could possibly be considered 'too good'.

The crystalized sulfur is indeed the new 'pail of slop'.
    guado, Voragath and Eanelder like this.
  9. Zantor Augur

Hmmm well ok, another mage in guild tried it and all the mercs came to her, so a sexiest spell, it works for the ladies but not for the men :eek:
  10. Brohg Augur

She wasn't set to puller, Zantor. There are line commands to set & remove those offices if you want to make a hotkey for it.
  11. Zantor Augur

I 3 box a lot, leaves 2 mercs behind a few times i tried it out, can't set 2 toons as puller, mages merc ran with, but no all of them.
  12. Voragath Augur

The code for mercs makes them warp to you if you get too far away unless you are marked as puller. Make yourself MT. Also, they may not warp at times with aggro (they might be getting beat on and casting heals or fighting, whatever). Sometimes, coh'ing a merc won't work and they'll run back out to fight.

What mercs are these that you aren't getting coh'd? Are they aggro'd? Are you aggro'd? Are you puller, MT, etc? We need more info.
  13. guado Augur

Lol Read the thing about the female and laughed, as my female mage does CotH mercs and PCs when Call of the Heroes is used. Great spell. Haven't bought pearls in forever.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

I have noticed sometimes when 3 boxing that the mercs will be tied to one char out of 3. one set to puller (Char A) (so not that one) then move char B they don't move, move char C they move. Next time move char C before B and they move. Its weird.
  15. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Mindless hatred = 1: Lock Aggro on Caster and Decrease Other Aggro by 35% up to level 105

In beta, it was attempted to get some kind of hatred added to it to remove some of the ping ponging after it wore off, but that was a no go.

T'Vyls has 4: Cast: T'vyl's Resolve Effect (75% Chance)

Prevents it from being a reliable source of DPS unless you have 10 SKs. There's a good chance when you parsed it that you didn't get the proc to increase DPS. *IF* it procs, it is definitely a good increase to DPS.
  16. Zantor Augur

Well when I 3 box, I have me, SK, tagged at Tank, assist and puller. Seems now it is about 50 50 chance that all mercs come with the group CoH. Is odd.

And that sucks that Tvyl's Resolve only works 75% of the time. So that makes sense if it not proc that time when I parsed it, that it not go off. Every time I think SK's get something good, is always a catch that makes it not nearly as good as it could of been or we hoped it would be.

Was thinking great, new single target aggro spell that works great, but only for alittle and not on raid mobs, where I need it the most. New utility for SK's, lets all melee do 50% more damage for 12 secs, have a few SK's in raid and awesome burn. Well that only works 75% of the time. And warrior just got a 3000% aggro mod put on them, they even pull mobs off of pallies with healing aggro and we get jipped again.