New Call of the Forsaken Spells and AAs!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

New Spells and Alternative Advancement Abilities (AAs) will become available after the Wednesday, June 18, 2014 patch to players that own the Call of the Forsaken expansion!

[IMG]
    Players can find the new spells in the same places other Call of the Forsaken spells are found.

• Rank I spells are available from the same vendors in Ethernere-Tainted West Karana.
    • Rank II spells are available for Marks of Valor from Requisitioner Rhies. Tradable versions of these spells drop from named mobs and have a smaller chance to drop from anything in most Heroic Adventures.
    • Rank III spells are available by turning in a Captured Essence of Ethernere to Requisitioner Sheon.
    [IMG]

New AAs can be found in a character’s Alternative Advancement Abilities tab.

If you don’t already own Call of the Forsaken, you can get more information on this expansion here.

What is your favorite new Spell or Alternative Advancement Ability coming to players that own the Call of the Forsaken expansion?
    Owl. likes this.
  2. Canno Apprentice

Missing the h off the front of your expansion link.. cut and paste victim ;)
  3. Fendy Augur

Would have been nice to see more of the AA's we suggested in the post where you asked us for input. Not overly impressed with the 2 new druid spells.
  4. complexication Kassina

The only thing I'm kind of irked about is getting more levels of Intrinsic Efficiency, something that has absolutely no use to an SK.

But overall the hype of new spells and AAs is 'meh'.
    Yinla and Smallpox like this.
  5. Yaldin Journeyman

Wizard ones are kind of "meh" - the upgrades on existing abilities are generally good.

The most provocative is by far Bucolic Gambit. This is a spell I patently don't understand. Bucolic Harvest Rank 3 provides 21722 mana for a 12 second cast time or so.

Bucolic gambit adds a tiny amount of apparently pre-crit calc damage (which magnifies the impact a bit) for 4 spells which are basically anything but our biggest baddest ethereal spells, at which point you get 18k mana back. You have to cast those 4 spells within 18 seconds. If you don't, you get around 11k mana back (at rank 3) and you get 10k damage dealt to you - so we have to cast 4 spells that are not our biggest for the bonus damage to get the full but less than BH mana bonus.

The ONLY thing I can see this spell having going for it might be cast time, and that's offset by the roughly 18 seconds to get 4 spells off on something (which can be bad in raids if you're focusing on adds) - it doesn't even return as much mana as bucolic harvest though it's on the same timer.

The big question is, how much are 3-4 nukes that are not our largest, with this small amount of extra base damage worth compared to the mana you get from BH and is guaranteed in less time (though depending on cast time you might need to stand still the entire time like with BH). It doesn't look like something I'd want to use over BH except in maybe extreme burns and where mana doesn't matter. I suppose claw refreshes might make it a little more palatable, but not much.

Otherwise, as I said, "meh" is what describes wizard's new spells and abilities.
  6. Slasher Augur

they all suck why even ask us ? See you guys in 3 days :)
  7. Fnyanea Augur

Any details on the patch time/length?

Thanks
    juggalo likes this.
  8. Dreen New Member

Prepatch for the win =)
  9. juggalo New Member

when will servers come down for patch
  10. Fendy Augur

11. Zaviere Augur

Bard taunt. So much fun will be had $
  12. Fendy Augur

Changed my mind about Nurturing Growth. That little bear summons himself and buffs me every time I zone or evac. Camped out and came back. There he was again. Persistent little bugger.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Where can one find a list of the spells and AAs that were added? And why would such a list not be included with the patch notes?
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

I dont see any list any more of what the spells and AA's that are new with this patch?
    Can some point me to one or send send me one thanks?
  15. Fendy Augur

The only place I saw a list was in the beta forums. Now they're gone and so is the list.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Actually, from what I've found so far, I wouldn't want to publish a list either...it's not a very good update to the expansion. Shadowstep and more foraging for druids? That's definitely what they wanted :) I'm not sure what to think about the SK AAs, and I haven't found any SK spells yet (a couple of tomes, but I'll wait for somebody else to risk their lives testing them). Most of the "new" AAs really just look like new ranks of old AAs. More ways to taunt, yay! Didn't really need em, but yay.

Stop the trickle/staggered release...it just makes it look like you fail more often :) Instead of 4 or more weak-sauce releases, I think you'd satisfy a lot more people if you gave them one full expansion right when you charged them $40 or more for it. Instead, in addition to the $15 monthly gold subscription, you ask people to pay you an additional $40 per year to subscribe to new content (which nobody can even see what they are getting before purchasing). Jebus...we gamers are suckers PT Barnum would be proud to have as friends.
  17. Mesmorise New Member

too little too late in all honesty, these half hearted attempts to slow things have driven alot of people away from the game. We should be asking for refunds on the cost we paid out.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

But I will say, that having pathetically laggy servers in addition to their deceptive marketing is really pushing the limits...65ms ping and it took 10 seconds for a group invite to reach another boxed toon. That's a server-side issue...
  19. Kinyenya Lorekeeper

When integrating new spells and new AA's into a game the Devs have got to start taking into considering content and player. Some players are not in raid content but some mobs still act like they are, the spells must keep up with game as do the AA's. Going to use druids as an example: Nerf axe keeps falling not just on us but on others, we need to be able to keep groups alive, people alive or depending on the player add dps, now the DPS is the one thing that you have not really hurt druids on but healing groups has become a problem especially for raids. Our highest heals 30 dps thats not going to keep any group up so we have to cycle our heals with our group heal save thank god thats on a two minute respawn timer thanks to AA's but will also depend on the health of each player in the group. Im still waking up and drinking coffee will post more as i wake up and can form a comprehensible thought.
  20. Kinyenya Lorekeeper

Great just what us druids needed a new bear cub.....HELLO is anyone there wth are we going to do with a new bear cub pet scratch mobs to death. OMG this thinking just amazes me, or lack thereof