Buying Kronos in the Baz

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarvas, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I tried to buy a krono from a trader and it told me "Your attempt to purchase 1 Krono(s) from -trader's name here- failed because the Krono was not successfully transferred." Anyone else run into this problem and if so do you know if there a fix on my side of things?
  2. Axxius Augur

I had some message like that once. Zoned out of bazaar and back in and it worked. Some random network/lag issue I guess.
  3. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

I'm having the same issue. Neither zoning out nor logging out helped the issue.

I suspect that there may be an exploit occurring because I've seen this before. A week ago, there was a seller in the bazaar who listed a Krono for sale for 1 plat. Naturally, I was suspicious, but I figured for 1 plat it would be amusing to find out what the gimmick was. It gave me that same message: "Your attempt to purchase 1 Krono(s) from [trader] failed because the Krono was not successfully transferred." It didn't take the money away from, so no harm, no foul. But I reported it as a bug.

Today a seller has a krono listed right at the edge of what the bazaar's buyers are willing to pay for it. But it's the same problem, it's not successfully transferred.

I hope someone is already working on this. I realize it might not be an exploit, but it's still irritating.
  4. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Could be wrong here but I think if the trader goes into offline mode, the krono can't be verified as genuine by the server?
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Not sure. It eventually fixed itself. I think I logged all the way out and back in and it worked.
  6. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

That is a possibility. The trader is in fact offline at the moment.

That didn't do the trick for me.
  7. Iila Augur

I've sold enough Kronos while in offline mode that it shouldn't be that.

It could be lag or downtime on the server that verifies Kronos? Every Krono transaction takes longer to go through for that extra verification, maybe if that takes too long the transaction aborts out?
  8. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

I took a look at my log files and discovered that today's trader is the same one who was selling at 1pp a week ago. Shame on me for falling for it twice.

That said, this is a bug/exploit which ought to be fixed.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I've seen this... and generally the person it fails on, I can NEVER buy a Krono from. Not today, not a month from now. It's a pretty annoying bug.
  10. Philphans Lorekeeper

ran into it today. trader was online. After the third attempt to purchase it the person sent me a tell saying they would relog and we can try again. After they came back online there were now two seperate krono lines for sale.(originally the person only had 1 krono on 1 line) I clicked on the second line and was able to purchase it. In my previous attempts it did not take plat from me. But i am curious if there is an exploit....if somehow still receives plat even though it wasn't taken from me.

PS. If someone from SOE would like more information on this specific case. Date/Time, toons involved etc. send me a PM.
  11. RS78 Lorekeeper

It's a problem caused by logging out of the game or being disconnected from the game with a Krono in a traders satchel. I had this " Ghost Krono " bug happen to me on several traders. There is a side issue with this for the trader, it can't be put back in the krono space because its a "ghost krono" you cant drop it, or put it in an inventory slot, or even destroy it. The trader needs to petition a GM and have them remove the krono from the character. If it was a Krono for 1plat on Bertox, that was me before my petition was answered by a GM lol. ;)
    Oxgoad likes this.