TCP/UDP port assignments.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kathylynn_Unity, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

And yet again I ask, Can SOE please make an effort to stop using incompatible port numbers for zones? Even with my limited knowledge of networking I can see the glaring problems with a lot of the low number port assignments issued to zones.
  2. Koutarou Elder

Its not as bad as it was a few years ago where I _HAD_ to have a backup connection available for when characters got trapped in zones on ISP-blocked ports (the Microsoft SQL server port seemed to be what got me most often).

The remaining ones that still seem to be getting used are VoIP-related, I think H.323 (the phone service from my ISP is H.323).
  3. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

I had a :1900 prevent me access to a raid today. That is for uPnP I believe. In addition I've had:

:1718
    :1719
    :1723

all create issues for me as well. Which, I believe at least one of those is the one you cited. It occurs fairly rare as there is only a few chances out of every 10,000 that it will become an issue, but still just as annoying. When I read through other tech support threads here I see it happening to others too, but they just have no way of understanding what the issue is and nothing ever seems to get resolved.
  4. Koutarou Elder

All of those 17xx ports (with possible exception of 1723) are H.323 related.