Error- A timeout occured

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Darl, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Darl Journeyman

Everything worked fine on friday or sat, but now last night and today(monday) everytime i try to log in, i get "Error-A timeout occured " when i enter user name and PW, once last night it told me i had to log out and back in. The one time it did let me past the screen last night and i got to server select screen, it had no servers listed on it. No changes were made in that time besides uninstalled/re-installed Chrome.

Any suggestions are welcome.
  2. TSR-SeanF Augur

This issue may be the result of a corrupted file associated with the game client. To address the issue further, you may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI_<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
  3. Darl Journeyman

made it a little farther, looking at a blank server select screen now(first try it gave me the same message though.)
  4. Darl Journeyman

Thinking this may be an issue with my isp or internet traffic somewhere, if i let it sit on the blank server select screen(when i get there, seems about 50/50 now) after a minute or so the servers pop up and i can log in fine.
  5. TSR-AlexS Augur

Great! Glad you were able to connect. It maybe a connection problem so feel free to create a support ticket so we can further investigate in this.