What server for a very first time player?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bragi, May 29, 2014.

1. Bragi New Member

I am not really a first time player but I am returning after a long time and I am lost. What server should I start out on? I want to treat this like its my first time playing.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Bristlebane has highest population last I heard.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly think it won't matter that much on most servers.
  4. Chikkin Augur

I'm quoting you, but this is more a response to the OP.

Bristlebane was the busier server in February and March, however for some reason, Cazic Thule is (clearly) the busier server for April and May. I will have May results posted this weekend.

Regardless, both are much busier than the norm.

OP: My standard response is that Vox is the server that all new people should go to unless they have a reason to go to a different server. It's most likely to be where others such as yourself have went. EQ doesn't get many new-new people. But it gets a bazillion "havent played in 5-10 years, it's like a whole new game, where do i go now?" people.

If you are a specific time zone, or have specific desires (busy, euro, pvp, faster leveling, or plan to solo entire way) then let me know.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

The Rathe, and to be more precise, our guild. I've lost count, but I'm sure the number of new/returning we've taken under our wing in the last 90 days is 30+. It's a good place to get your bearings, ask questions, and yet, not be hounded constantly about leveling up.
  6. feiddan Augur

I'd really consider this offer.

Vox is a great suggestion, too, for all the reasons already stated. It depends what you want out of the game (raiding? high end raids? a casual guild? a slow leveling experience? lots of chances for mentorship and learning?). Whichever you do choose, it's not permanent - you can always start over (daunting!) or transfer your character for a small fee.

I would recommend searching for a server where there is an established community to help out new players. Get your feet under you - it's a wild ride!
  7. Dandin Augur

Vox has all of this
  8. Darzag Elder

I really like Firiona Vie for several reasons. It has friendly people, great guilds, more XP per kill and most items that are no trade on other servers are tradable on FV. Ultimately, every server has potential to be the server for you. The idea is to make a few good friends to group with on a regular basis. If you and these friends are in the same guild, so much the better. Safe journeys. And good luck in your search.