A thought about why the class nerfs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Questoften32, May 18, 2014.

1. Siddar Augur

Necro AE can demolish mobs up to level 70 you can pull entire zones of level 65 content at level 100. Level 70 content you need to limit pulls to around 30 mobs at a time. The problem is that the spells being used as the primary means of AE are not scaling properly with mobs HP after level 70. When pet AE spell was added in UF it worked well up tell you mid PoP mobs. So at 85 the spell let you AE zones up to level 61-62 content after it was nerfed. Now at level 100 it lets you kill level 70 content at the cost of eating up to four spell gems. Given the jump in mob hp for 50k at level 70 to 500k at level 85 there is no hope for this spell line to remain viable in its current form. new ranks of spell wont change anything because of massive growth in mob HP that happens in 75 to 85 content

Given the failure of spells to scale properly they ether needs to be made viable for higher level grey can mobs are they needs to be discontinued.

I would have to run some tests but its borderline now as to if necro AE ability is actually a better choice for killing grey cons then just using wizard merc set on AE damage.
  2. Siddar Augur

3. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

What I would prefer to see is a stop on nerfs altogether - id rather not have anything new than have to live through the constant nerfs every couple of months. If wizard arcane fusion is so hectic then why not make some key mobs immune?
  4. Stabbies Journeyman

When 1 person is yelling too loud in a room full of people, it's easier to put tape over that person's mouth than to put ear plugs on all those people.
  5. Voragath Augur

You mean, like this one?

6. Harabakc Augur

Since you've made 2 posts I'll just quote 1 and reply to both.

No rogue was swarming anything in Shard's Landing, pre assassinate nerf or post assassinate nerf, unless it's weak con mobs. Which there's no real good motivation to do that, occasionally they have some cash drops that's an extremely silly thing to do. As to Argath? *Maybe*, as long as there weren't any named, because they would be too high level, and guess what? Those are all light blue at 100. At 95? Yeah, a handful of them would be dark blue because it never got higher pre-nerf than what it was at 95. And any melee class could wipe out HoT zones, hell so can casters, that's not an amazing feat. My EM 12 pet could tank half a dozen of those at the same time on my necro, the EM 15 miles ahead of that.

Do you have an awful mana pool or something? What are you casting? I have a 100 necro also, and I farmed 1.5 mill worth of stuff in like 3 days. My rogue couldn't hope to do anywhere near that in that same play time. As far as mana goes, you're casting the wrong things if you're running out that often. By the way, necro damage from group geared to raid geared really doesn't change much, you can turn out 100K+ burns in group gear.

If you want to have a discussion about ADPS, let's have one. Without a bard in group my top burn drops by 50k give or take, so please, tell us more about how necros are so adps dependent and melee are not, lol. I raid with several very good necros, some of which are top of the server, some are not. I also raid with an awful necro. The difference in understand how a class works and not is miles of distance apart in performance. The other guys have tried to help the awful necro numerous times, he just won't listen.
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

Lets stop the talk of what can and can't be done by rogues solo. I know what I have seen and what I have been told by people who have no other agenda verse peoples claims on the boards who I don't know anything about. I really don't care what you can and can't solo outside of the fact that its not nothing. Someone else started off on the topic to derail and distract. Sadly I took the bait.

I am talking about grouping as a necro period. And what they have to do in order to dps reasonably and now the hoops they go through to not go out of mana. All while being the supposed sustained class. Compared to other dps classes and what they do as far as having to basically manage nothing but burn as fast as possible and powermed in some cases or just spam click everything you have pretty much once the timers reset and keep respite up.

Lets stop twisting words and going off on more tangents. I said necros also rely on adps for the big numbers, no where does that mean melee don't. I then went on to state the difference is I might only lose 20-35% of my dps without the proper support to melee sometimes losing 50%. Playing a necro well is not easy in raids.
  8. Harabakc Augur

No doubt necros have one of the more complicated burns in the game, but it's not something can't be learned. And sure, it needs to be a 120+ second fight to get the real effectiveness out of it. And there are a handful of fights where dots need to be held off because of spawning adds by percentage, but there are several raids that can't be done without enough ranged dps. Find me one you can't do without melee dps.

Even post death bloom nerf they still excel, although mana is semi more annoying. Regardless, wait 30 seconds, click death blossom in a group situation. Hoop wise, that's not that bad. Rangers don't get anything like that, once they're out they just have to sit and med. Melee are stuck at 29% max endurance after any real amount of chain pulling. Berserkers have the biggest gripe in the arena.
  9. Songsa Augur

The highest dps number i saw from a necro was from a 80sec fight duration personnally, the necro simply have to know the fight and cast the most efficient spells/clicks/AA/glyph. If you don't adapt to fight duration sure you will have problems to be competitive.
  10. Whitecloudx New Member

Mobs in PoWar are immune to arcane fusion.