Enchanter: Auras

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Filatal, May 5, 2014.

1. Filatal Augur

Yea, I was just trying to be polite and let him explain himself better, because he posted some of the worst play advice I have ever seen. And that's saying something.

I have been using this as the basic framework of mage dps, but someone should update it. There are some rather large errors in this. http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3666
  2. Enkel Augur

That guide won't be updated by the person that wrote it. Most the info you need is in other threads on the mage tower, though it's spread out.
  3. Dannynine Journeyman

well...seeing as you unaware and you seem to be quick to judge let me explain the different's from the avg mage's there...and a real mage who know he class and been playing EQ seen kunak came out....lets start why mage's should use elemental earth form...they probly nelf this as am talking bout it...but you only got yourself to blame...elemental earth form dose 2 main things...it give you 2500 hp...and it proc a buff called elemental earth on the whole group who are close to you....now what this dose it blocks 3000 melee damage from the next 6 hits...HOWEVER ... it also fully blocks the next 6 incoming spells AE or DD spells as well...there is VERY few things it dose not block in game... things such as aura's it dose not block as there no way to block an aura other than a DA clicky....you also have the AE stuff on the raid where you gotta beat the drum in the hive it dose not block such things as them but this are the only type of things it dose not block...everything else it will block...so AE from raid boss's and DD proc/spells from raid boss's get block by this..and not by 3000..it blocks all the damage from the next 6 spells...still think its the worst play advice???....blocking AE's on raids for your group or even just group content???....telling me them mage's from EQmagetower did not figer that out and explain it all to you??? i figer it out myself when they gave mage's that aa....now tell me...is a REAL mage gonna drop the elemental earth form proc...for just a tiny amount more of dps from MR??? when they can get it made up for in amplify aura???....and as for worst play advice??? how many ways do you think there is to play a mage?? just 1 way ??? how many ways are there to pull as a mage?? just 1 way??? if you really want me to go into on how to play a mage i can if you want but you wont be reading a few lines you be reading a book and not a very short book...would you like me to start writing a book for you filatal???....and that guide his so many floors in it...to point one out mage's in raids wouldent use arcane distellect as the mage his to be near the pet and everybody else's pet to benefit from it as the aura is place on you....mage's would go for the lower rank spell...simple reason rather than the aura being on you...it place's the aura on the pet there for helping the whole raid as all the pets are gonna be near your pet...yes your gonna loss 5%....but how often are you really near your pet on a raid......in a group then sure use arcane distillect your gonna be near your pet...but on a raid??? use your head...let me know if you want me to start writing a book for you
    Jordis likes this.
  4. RPoo Augur

Could.... use??? a.... few??? more... periods??? and... question??? marks... I'm??? not... sure??? if... you??? got... your??? point... across???
  5. Dannynine Journeyman

haha well what can i say....i type bad english not good english haha
  6. Filatal Augur

No, I had pretty much assumed it was a bug you were using. And don't blame me if it gets changed, it was your ego that that forced you to post it on an open forum. I didn't do it.

Still, its pointless. Maybe in some rare situations it allows you to solo a name in the group game, but at that point you wouldn't have MR anyway. In the raid game, its pointless. Because we have these classes called healers and there isn't a DD in the game that is going to just own your group ( btw, it doesn't affect DoTs ). Any healer worth their raid slot can easily out heal any DD they throw at us. And since that is a random proc effect, can't just say "Bench the healers, we have mages!". You still need the healers there for if/when you don't get a proc, so all you are doing is sacrificing dps while marginalizing another class. You are losing efficiency two different ways.

I am sure there are lots of ways to play a mage. But, the connotation of the word maximum is that there is one way to get there, which was the whole point of this thread, maximizing dps. You want to play ghetto healer in a guild that allows exploits, feel free. I probably know a couple of guilds that would accept you. But you aren't maximizing your toon's potential at its job ( which is dps if you haven't kept up ) unless you are using rains and Of Many line. That is just a fact. I don't pay an accountant to perform surgery and I don't expect a doctor to do my taxes.

Also, please don't write a book. The way you write, I don't think you could afford the editing fees.
    RPoo likes this.