thinking of returning for fun

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by chaak, May 16, 2014.

1. chaak New Member

When I left I was level 85 and raid gear. But by the looks of things I'm very weak. Group stuff is way better. How hard would it be for me? I play a monk. Frostcrypt and solteris fang weapons, pretty good armor (for when I played) I was probably number 4 monk on povar 5 and a half years ago.
    Thanks for replies.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Not that hard. Bazaar gear is probably an upgrade for you at 92, and levelling via daily quests and heroic adventures should work reasonably quickly. Check the rustic Bazaar upgrades for 85.

Come back in, check out the AA autogrant, consider if the heroic character purchase would be worth it for you, and do the base House of Thule partisan quests.
    Chikkin likes this.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

The Eternal Darkness on The Rathe server is always looking for new friends. We are a family style guild that just likes to have fun, our only requirements are a good attitude, and a desire to have fun with like-minded individuals. With a little help from a few friends, that mountain of learning your facing isn't quite as rough. We have been picking up a lot of new friends from this forum. We are not a raiding guild, except for Anguish as people need their epics. We do have some world class raiders in house, but they raid with other guilds, and just come home to roost with us because we are all family, even if not in real life, so their expert advice is available. We also have Ventrillo, and a player base ranging from Europe to Hawaii. Even if you don't stay with us, although I think you will, I encourage you to try us out. Any class, any level, any player skill level. If this sounds like what you're looking for, send me a /tell, Roxxanna, m-f 6-9pm, almost anytime on weekends.
    Marlon1957 likes this.
  4. chaak New Member

So I logged in today for about a half an hour..... WAY different in 5 years. I will have to have a day where I mess with ui and make hotkeys again.. Not sure how good heroic toons are and there gear. But my toon is old school and he is awesome. I wouldn't switch. I have all vet aa's and have made him what he is so if he's not the best now its ok.. I'd only do single or group stuff and see who's still there. Look for old guildies etc...
  5. chaak New Member

Oh and thanks for telling me about your guild. Maybe if I'm a total stranger I could look into a server change
  6. Borek-VS Augur

You can add Heroic Character to your existing character, even if he is 85 or above. You will get something, but not much. You will probably get some AAs, as very few people would have bothered with them all, but nothing that the simple auto-grant won't give you, apart from the MPG and DoN progression AAs. The gear you get is average, and can be superceded by Bazaaar gear, but may upgrade one or two slots. You do get two large bags and a mount, though. Personally, I'd consider it for the progression AAs and access to the HoT augments that are HC only, but it's a lot of money for just those.
  7. Quatr Augur

FYI, a Heroic character (or a pre-existing character upgraded to Heroic) can't be copied to Test. Or at least that's how it worked when they were introduced a couple of months ago.
  8. Walkka New Member

I tried to play a heroic lvl 85 monk when I first came back and found it a difficult class to play well when newly returned.

Lots of different AAs / skills to be used to optimize your dps / mitigation and it was all very confusing. You probably have more experience playing a monk than I do, and may find it easy, but if you don't I would suggest rolling another lvl 1 monk and going through the tutorial, and maybe a few levels after after that, just to refresh yourself on basics, before you go back to your lvl 85.

Since you still have your original account, you have probably accumulated a lot of loyalty tokens which can be traded for bags of pp at the loyalty vendor in POK. You would then be cashed up enough to upgrade your lvl 85 gear using the bazaar.

With an all access account and auto granted AAs you will also get 4-5000 AAs for 'free'.
  9. Quatr Augur

Edit: Never mind, didn't read the original post as carefully as I should have.
  10. chaak New Member

4-5000 AA's? Wow.. I need to get on that.. I had some I wanted.. I have around 2K I think. So that would be awesome.. Yeah my account is about 14 years old.
  11. Glasseyed Apprentice

I am also considering returning as I've found none of the new MMO's out lately to be very enjoyable save for Wildstar but it's a WoW clone. Anyways, my account is probably 8 years old or so. I stopped subscribing long ago. I have a 86 Cleric on Cazic Thule i think. I'd be willing to start fresh though. I'd like to make new friends and have some fun. I won't get too much time to play due to being married with kids and working. I'd still like to go grind some mobs and socialize. I may reinstall tonight. Does the Heroic character cost anything?
  12. Yther Augur

13. Glasseyed Apprentice

that's cool, i may start at level 1 though, i'd rather learn the class fully, experience being a lowbie petty non hero again, instead of jump right into the midst of the unknown. It'd take awhile, would it be worth it? Any suggestions to leveling? I don't think i can afford a Fungus Covered Scaled Tunic.
  14. Yther Augur

Just do the tutorial quests. The gear from there will last you to the 50s. There's no need or reason to twink out other than a good ratio weapon ( highest dmg divided by dly weapon ). But even with no pp, the stuff you get from the tutorial and then later crescent reach and blightfire moors quests yield good ratio weapons by the 20s.

See https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?posts/3072242/ for starter info, that covers most of the critical and if not, has links to others posts and sites that cover it.

If you have more questions, might want to start a new thread, instead of continuing to hijack this one. :)

Yther Ore.
  15. Crystilla Augur

For cleric undead leveling you can read THIS post a fellow cleric did. For those lower levels, it's still pretty accurate.
  16. Roxxanna Augur

I would love to have another cleric here, I get pulled in 5 different direction at once on a nightly basis, that is, if you feel like changing servers. And it doesn't take long to level anymore, especially with a good group of friends. I worked my way up from lvl 1 myself, and am glad I did.
  17. Glasseyed Apprentice

Heya, I think I will finish out my Cleric who is 86 and then also work up either an Enchanter or another buffing type class. I don't mind switching servers if i have to. Not a prob =) Wish my cleric wasn't female though. I had made her for my wife to play but I ended up playing her as my wife is a current warcrack addict. *frowns*
  18. chaak New Member

So I got in and ran around abit.. im still lost, I dont have all access yet though to get my AA's. I got some weapons from the baz that were an upgrade, gear I can wait on.
  19. Yther Augur

Welcome back and good luck!

Yther Ore.
  20. Glasseyed Apprentice

I'm about to login a level 1 enchanter on Vox server. Name is Shayyd.