Magician Epic 1.5 cannot be completed due to PoWar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kugelheit, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Kugelheit Apprentice

Cannot do the Elemental Essence of Fire quest because the mob of the same name spawns then goes behind the new PoWar (or what I'm assuming is the PoWar) zoneline in PoTactics. So you can send your pet in to kill it but you cannot get to the corpse - it just punts you back several feet if you try to get to the area where the mob is. And if you are attuned or whatever, I'm assuming you'd just zone in. So there's no way to do this at the moment. Very frustrating.
  2. Falos Augur

Yeah i mentioned this in a test patch thread like 3 or 4 weeks ago and I guess they ignored it lol. At least the mage epic isn't that great but for the quest to be unable to be completed now... not cool :p
  3. Zantor Augur

Try to pet pull it out?
  4. Kugelheit Apprentice

Can't - it roots itself in place. Just summons the pet when it goes out of melee range.
  5. Kugelheit Apprentice

One thing I didn't try was /pet get lost and seeing if it summoned me if I would be punted or not. Pretty sure it would though as its across the zone line.
  6. Random_Enchanter Augur

depends on the code for the zone line. Near as i can tell all a zone line ammounts to is effectly a sheet of paper placed in a spot on the zone, run into the paper get "ported" to new location. but the sheet of paper only extends so far.

Supporting this is in kunark days you could acualy go behind and be on the opposite side of the zone line if you tried. Code work in today's era typicaly makes the "sheet of paper" cover all thesable entry points. it is unlikly that they changed it.

Worse case sencario in this case, you get endlessly summoned and then punted untill you die, i vote try it, if just for the fact that the worse case is hilarious. :)
    JacklSK likes this.
  7. Chandrok Augur

This will be fixed in the next update.
    moogs, Fenthen, Edrick and 1 other person like this.
  8. Zarzac Augur

I'm not familiar with the quest but it sounds like you need to pull the mob back to you away from the zone line. Perhaps as a work around maybe bring a SK or a monk with you and have them pull it out for you?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is rooted.
  10. EightBitTony Journeyman

It's both rooted, and un-engageable until it reaches the point beyond the zone line.
  11. mogur Journeyman

I remember back 10 years ago in the old Crushbone this would happen with Retlon Brenclog. If he aggroed on you and you ran to the GF zoneline to fight him he would run past the zoneline into the GF side of the tunnel and nuke you from there. You couldn't hit or nuke him from CB though. If you zoned into GF, he wasn't there. Zone back into CB and he'd start nuking you again from GF tunnel. What worked (at least once) for me was to zone into CB but not move forward at all. Simply turn in place and then I could nuke him back with my Druid. I guess I was "touching" the GF zone without actually zoning so I could send nukes across. Still couldn't loot him when he died though. :(