The Forums of Strife

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sinderkad, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinderkad Augur

I just wanted to thank the development team for their hard work in implementing the Plane of War.

Despite my disagreements with this or that design decision, I want to say what I am thankful for because these forums make it too easy to only focus on the negativity.

Thank you for bringing back a classic uncompleted zone, I’m sure it was a TON of work trying to get it up and running.

Thank you for challenging content, I’m making it my goal to defeat every named in the zone at least once even if I don’t need the loot.

Thank you for the interesting quests and old school throwbacks within them.

Thank you for making the Named have unique/different mechanics, it must be hard to try to strike a balance.

Thank you for trying to encourage cooperation within the community.

Thank you for answering our questions and reading these forums (I would dread the forums if I were a Dev)

Keep up the good work!

End
    artofnoise, Phrett, Ellyra and 9 others like this.
  2. Edrick Augur

I feel the same way. I'm really enjoying the zone. Definitely looking forward to the anniversary mission and raid too.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  3. Rampagious New Member

Indeed thanks guys! Please don't listen to the whining concerning this zone. There are many who truly enjoy a good challenge. Im glad that challenge was issued with this zone in particular.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  4. SaderakhBertox Augur

Yes yes yes! Like like like! Thank you for Plane of War! As I dig deeper, I can really appreciate a lot of the devs' choices in this zone and can't really compliment you all (dev team) enough! It is brilliant.
  5. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

It is imperfect. It has what I consider glaring errors, but it's free, and it's wonderful, and it's what I wanted, and so I appreciate it and thank you for making it and giving it to us.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  6. Toras New Member

Merge this with all the other PoW threads. The main complaints with the roll out of this expansion include a dumb bottle neck that requires no risk and creates conflict with other players, and it changes a power structure of pet classes for that zone.

The first is poor design in having a quest piece created in a level 65 zone (it would be similar to making a ground spawn every 2-10 hours), makes for upset player base and promotes negative interactions with the player base.

The second is a game design decision that is going to annoy some of the player base, mages and necros. Its just a power swing among player tanks and pet tanking. Several groups rely on pet tanking, not just molo'n players. Is it right or not, I am not going to say, but I'm not surprised that players would get upset, its a huge power shift.

I think the zone is fun, I like a challenge. Some guidance from the dev's would be nice before more folks throw down 1MM plat to enjoy new game content.

Ruven
    Jordis likes this.
  7. sojuu Augur

I like the zone and concept but I wish the plane of earth drops were a zone wide rare on level 100 mobs. So the very few mobs that spawned arnt 1 shotted the second they spawn
  8. Fendy Augur

No, we paid for it months ago when the first fraction of this expansion came out. We're just slowly watching the content trickle in over the course of months.
    silku likes this.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I thought PoWar is free content and doesn't require CotF.
  10. Dandin Augur

Well. Perhaps you are correct. Qest. I don't have any silver accounts without the expansion. So I'm unable to test this for you. However. Without being level 100 with group gear from COTF or at the very least T4 RoF, you simply will not make it very far. This is not to say it's impossible, but mathmatics and mechanics are not really friendly for those who have not at least progressed slightly into the level 100 bracket

Overall I like this zone and I like the concept, although I do see the entire spectrum

Pros.
    1. Promotes grouping and cooperation to progress
    2. Offers a high end grouping experience
    3. Tactics and mechanics require fast on your feet thinking and playing outside the box

Cons.
    1. Rare drop in old content to progress into the inner sanctum
    2. No pet tanking makes an all caster group unable to take out named
    3. Elitism is promoted.

The reality is this zone is going to have players that love it. And players that hate it. And nobody should force their opinions on others regarding this area, as social tension within an MMORPGs are high enough as it is without outside interference.
  11. Stubar Augur

This zone is amazing. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I stepped back in time to when PoP was current. Everything from having to crawl your way to your camp in hopes that some random see invi MoB doesn't destroy your hopes and dreams of xp and phat lewts to hoping that you get a rezz before your body pops at the GY. I think we all forgot how it used to be back in PoP.

The named spawns require you to use your head instead of an all out zerg fest that just spawns adds every 20 pct. I personally love it. It's almost like some of the dev team looked back on every major encounter since the start of EQ and took the best parts of those events, tweaked them and added the mechanics to the named. Even a form of "enrage" is in there. HOWEVER, like everything else, in a little while everything will get tuned down and things will be back to normal so I'm going to enjoy this while I can.

Dev team did a good job on this one. (Yes...you heard it here first..I said it).
    Zakor, Enkel, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  12. LoonyToony Elder

Many kudos to the dev team for plane of war! Hip hip hooray! :)
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

I agree, great zone!
  14. Iila Augur

Correct, PoWar does NOT require CotF.

I don't have a full f2p 95, but my L100 without CotF is able to zone in just fine.
  15. Fendy Augur

Wow. That just makes CotF even lamer. I'd always assumed PoW was another tidbit of actual content for the expansion.
  16. Edrick Augur

It was announced during SOE Live last year that it would be an anniversary present, I believe. A bit late, but its here.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The plane of war is amazing, especially the parts I find annoying.
  18. MiataDriver Augur

I wouldn't know yet, I tried to do the flagging quest, and of course am currently stuck at the stonewood bow block since I don't feel like shelling out 650k+ plat in order to see new content. Sorry, but it really makes it difficult to come up with anything good to say about it.
  19. Questoften32 Augur

I would like to thank the eq team for woodelf beastlords.
  20. CaptAmazing Augur

I am not happy with the zone. I am not happy my Mage cannot tank properly. All that work and effort wasted. Something Ive worked on so long just taken away from me. I dont care how many people are pleased. I think it's unfair to the class as a whole.

I think to compensate. They should add mobs that can only be tanked by pets. And some mobs that can only be downed with 2 or more pets tanking it.
    silku likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.