Why did another group reset my rest timer in Feerrott?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drusi, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Drusi Augur

I missed a few years of EQ and thus am puzzled on what happened tonight in Feerrott the Dream.

My 85 Heroic shammy had finished killing the lizardmen dreamwalkers as part of J5 Merc quest and had decided to rest for a bit in a seemingly safe spot near the lizardmen.

A higher level monk with his merc and his friend/secondary level 85 necro came by and started killing the respawned dreamwalkers.

What happened next was strange to me.

As the monk made short work of the dreamwalkers, I appeared to take damage upon the kill shot (about 5-6% from my 32k hp) and my rest timer was reset, this happened on all 3 kills that the monk did before they moved on.

Was this because the monk was too high a level for the dreamwalkers and the lizardmen retaliate with some sort of death AOE?

Killing the lizardmen by myself I did not experience this kind of effect.
  2. Putrify Elder

I'm guessing the mobs did a FLURRY, which has a huge range. While you thought you were at a safe distance, you weren't.
    Tharrg likes this.
  3. Tharrg Augur

Yep.. flurry/rampage and AOE damage from spells from mobs can have a huge range and can hit you if you are near by,.
  4. Gialana Augur

There are 3 ways I know of in game to get a countdown timer for ooc regeneration besides casting a detrimental spell on an npc.

1) Accidentally get on the aggro list. This can happen if you're fighting another mob that is social with a mob that a nearby group is killing. It can happen if the mob is being fought nearby and it casts and AE or if you get hit by it's AE rampage (not many modern group mobs have this ability). It can happen if you are kos to a mob, the group fighting it momentarily drops aggro and you're the first to get it. It sometimes happens when you cast a buff on a PC that's fighting a mob (more on this later). I'm also pretty sure that if you get close to an undead (at least most of them), they're aggro you, whether or not they're already aggroed on another PC.

2) You cast a beneficial spell on a PC that is fighting a mob or who has a cooldown timer themselves. If they are currently fighting a mob there is a chance you won't get aggro, but you will get a fresh cooldown timer. If you continual buff them, and probably always on the first heal, you will eventually get aggro. But if they are not fighting a mob but have a cooldown, you will inherit their cooldown timer, whatever value it is.

3) This last one is the lamest. You can get a 30-second cooldown if you run over a location that triggers an emote. For instance, when you pass the cobweb that covers the entrance to the spider portion of the tutorial zone, there is some crazy emote that starts your coooldown timer.

Hope this helps for the next time you mysteriously get a cooldown timer.
  5. Everstorm Augur

Those dreamwalkers give out an area nuke when they die.
  6. Drusi Augur

Thanks guys, had to be the aoe nuke then, just did not notice it solo since i was cannibalizing anyways. :)
  7. moogs Augur

This would explain taking damage and receiving a combat timer while having nothing on aggro (since it's already dead).
  8. pk76 Augur

shaman don't need to rest ;) just hit your aa cannibalise when its gtg. if you need mana.....or spiritual channeling if you are oom.
    Petts likes this.
  9. Petts Elder

Cani is your friend ... heck, it is your master ... use it ... use it often :)
    A well seasoned Shaman never runs out of mana!!
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

If you're 60% health, an 20% mana, and still GTG for a single, you might be a shaman.
    moogs likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nicely done, I actually heard Jeff Foxworthy's voice when I read your comment :)

Tat