Everyone turn on your music today.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Edrick, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Edrick Augur

I know 99% of the people out there have their music turned off, but turn it on, and restart the game. Just this once.

Whoever composed this masterpiece deserves an award for creating such an emotionally moving work of art.
    Mykaylla, Axxius, PrathunSOE and 5 others like this.
  2. Apathy Elder

I suppose Im in the 1%; I tend to have my music on. It caught me off guard for sure though... such a moving piece of work.
    Mykaylla and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

I only heard it on logging in, but it was cool. Is there a zone/way to hear more of it? Reminds me of a bunch of guys drinking beer and singing the theme song!

The chest illusion was neat, reminded me of mimics from D&D.
    Kelefane likes this.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

HAH! That was pretty awesome. Loved that it also lead into the original theme.
  5. Kiellein New Member

Or you can just go into the EQ Folder on your comp and just listen to the eqtheme.mp3 file in there, which i did....this is no where as good as the stick figures, the one year, where we HAD to deal with it for the entire day. This is one of the most creative ones, but I'd rather see them doing something where we had to actually deal with the April fool's joke, for the entire day.
  6. Feradach Augur

That is pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up.
  7. Gortar Augur

sooo sweet!

I believe you can still do stickfigures=1 in eqclient.ini cant you?
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes.

This music was cool. I have my music turned off so I didn't know about it. Thanks Kiellein for pointing out the file in the EQ folder, I played it on my computer to hear. And thanks Edrick for posting this thread.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Haha, that is hilarious. Want to know who all participated in that :)
  10. Axxius Augur

Thanks EQResouce for tweeting about it. Awesome! :D
    Riou and Leerah like this.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

Priceless!
    -R
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Drunken Dev Karaoke night!
  13. Phathom Champion

Someone changed the music? What is this tomfoolery I hear?
    Heads will roll I say! ;)
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

Likely recorded live at the 15th anniversary party. :D
    -R
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we keep the music and the guild lobby like this forever please?
    Tarrin likes this.
  16. Tarrin Augur

The only thing that could be better in the lobby is if it effected mercs.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

After realizing I wasn't listening to a Bieber/Miley Cyrus duet :) I busted out laughing and then copied it to another folder. Well done.....

As a thought. is this part of a new economy move on the part of SOE ? Maybe a CD is coming. "The Devs Greatest Hits"
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

EQ has already won an Emmy, time for:

And the winner of a Grammy for best video game music goes to...SOE for "The Devs Greatest Hits"!
  19. Cordilya Elder

Cracked me up when I heard it. Thanks, guys! (But please let's NOT keep it that way! lol)
  20. Serriah_Test Augur

Idea looks to be stolen from Minecraft, but still pretty funny.

Minecraft today had them doing the same but with the Game of Thrones theme music and a "game of thrones"-like opening sequence :)