Are Fabled buggy?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SaderakhBertox, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SaderakhBertox Augur

This is only my 2nd Anniversary time since coming back in Dec 2012, so my experience with Fabled is limited.

I've been noticing this year, that some mobs are not spawning as Fabled. The normal mob spawned with normal loot.

Another one spawned with the normal name, conned as if it were Fabled, dropped a Fabled quest item, but not its typical Fabled weapon.

Maybe this is normal, as I said, I don't have a lot of experience with Fabled.

I'm really just curious is all.
  2. Vlerg Augur

could you provide more details... like the name of the mob.

normal name + con as a fabled mob... mephit in the elemental plane, for the fabled pok gate neck?
  3. Naugrin Augur

Most mobs don't always pop as fabled.

By what you said I'm going to guess you were in one of the elemental planes, most likely earth. The mobs that pop with a normal name but con as fableds are for the fabled binden concentiercia quest ....I'm sure that is misspelled.
  4. Basko Bladewhisper New Member

A couple days ago I had both Lord Mithanial Marr and The Fable Lord Mithanial Marr up to kill. The each dropped thier typical loot, was just funny seeing them both up together.
  5. SaderakhBertox Augur

Yep, you got it. The other one was in Vex Thal.

Another interesting occurrence was the Fabled Coirnav Ring Event. The ring event worked perfectly as intended, and Fabled Coirnav had two pieces of Hero's Forge on the corpse. About 5 seconds later, the Fabled Coirnav respawned with the entire ring event active from the beginning (all minis up and swinging with all the adds). That was a bit of a surprise. The only variable there was the ring event was prematurely triggered about 4 hours earlier, and left to despawn, by some 'ignernt' monk (take a guess) haha.
  6. Iila Augur

The fabled script turns non-fabled versions into fabled ones if there's not a fabled one up already. Some of the scripts to spawn mobs check for an existing mob with the normal named, then spawn it if there's not. Those can interact in weird ways that result in a fabled and non-fabled version of the mob being up or the non-fabled respawn script trying to spawn the mob a lot more often because the normal version never dies or is never up.

There's a lot of weird bugs during fabled, most of them are in favor of players, though. Most of them happen from interactions with the more complex scripts in luclin/pop, and give a good indication of why fabled stopped there.