Thrown - Can we buff it?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gortar, Mar 18, 2014.

1. feiddan Augur

+1

Throwing has never meant to be viable, and IMO should stay in the dark depths that it's in. I don't want any boost to ranged DPS if it means less melee DPS. EQ is about clearly defined roles; wizards cannot melee (no matter how good of weapons they get), and throwing is even more a waste of time.
  2. Gortar Augur

Feiddan, I understand. I personally am not asking for it to be viable dps. Just fun dps :)
  3. feiddan Augur

I'm against that, too. I don't want my group members doing "fun dps" as the rest of us are left to carry their weight. Plinking away for 10% of my normal DPS isn't fun for me, and these things generally come at the cost of power increases in other areas. If the choice is an 800% increase to monk thrown DPS or a 1% increase to melee DPS, I'll choose the latter every time.

Some classes have some form of ranged dps as fun DPS - berserkers might fit into your definition. I don't think this fits into every class, and I don't think it needs to. Rangers and Beastlords have ranged DPS, while Monks and Rogues don't. I'd rather not see the devs dedicate valuable time balancing "fun dps," as you call it, especially as EQ has a smaller dev team than ever and is already stretched incredibly thin.
  4. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

Naw it was very significantly nerfed. Sure it may work on any dark blue mob but the rate has been reduced so much that it's really not worth buying even since they balanced it based on like top tier raid geared toons.

If you wanted to do significant ranged DPS you'd have rolled a ranger. That said it would be nice if instead of you know giving people these items that you click to make ranged weapons that you load into your weapon slots that all ranged weapons were treated like arrows with Endless Quiver basically to reduce the stupidity of yet another step of just summoning stuff.

I mean in Luclin era when we did High Priest in Ssra we'd have all our melees throwing daggers at the High Priest between adds and stuff because the Ramp/AE Ramp was rather crazy back then. Would have been a nice addition way back when.
  5. Gortar Augur

Can understand people's reasons for not wanting it buffed. I still do, but yall make good points :)
  6. Braveheart Augur

Too many people are afraid to ask for something viable. Why is it normal to expect less in one area to gain in another? I do not think it is out of line to ask for this boost. Resources should not be pulled away from another area, and a loss should not be expected. For god sake stop settling and grow to expect service. If the community as a whole wants this, a few nae sayers should not be ammunition for SOE to avoid the request.
  7. feiddan Augur

The devs have always approached class balance as zero sum; my expectation is in line with the 15 year history of the game.

Resources (i.e., dev time) are not unlimited - we just lost another great dev this month.

The community as a whole doesn't want this. A few vocal people on these boards does not a majority make. In the history of the devs asking for player feedback regarding class balance, I cannot ever remember a time when the monk community asked for ranged DPS as a priority for our class (I'm not familiar with the yearly proposals made by rogues and zerkers, but I'm going to guess those class communities haven't asked for a boost here either).
  8. Braveheart Augur

I am not referencing the few posts here as the majority. I'm considering events that are ranged events and countless times raids would love to boost ranged dps. This is not something that takes resources to push. I think this could be fixed by just allowing ranged to benefit more from AA.
  9. Tharrg Augur

I really think they need to upgrade All range combat in the game.... Rangers should be still using a bow at level 100 even in raids.. and other classes should be able to use thrown etc and be effective in group and raid content with that as their main focus. It would be nice to see.