Bonus XP Weekend! (and Lockout Timers Reduced)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 14, 2014.

1. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

I don't think I have been lied to.
    it would be like me saying to you i will wash your car . I have no idea how far away from you I am and in reality could wash your car if I was close to you, but if you were far away i couldn't do it even though I had every intention of doing it.. but then not saying anything to you that I wouldn't do it.
  2. Gythlen Augur

From what I've seen, some lockouts have been changed very little (through posts here) and some not at all.

Sounds more of a mess up than anything (as apparently some Anniversary Quest NPCs still haven't shown or took a long time to)
  3. Pukespot New Member

Can you guys PLEASE ANNOUNCE double XP in the future??? You NEVER DO, it just happens and I always have previous plans in life and MISS IT! I hate this, please announce this in the future if possible!!! Same with the halloween and frostfell quests of when they start it's never told in the future and last year's anniversary quests were ENDED earlier than posted!
    Chikkin, Gythlen and Yinla like this.
  4. Gythlen Augur

An announcement of more than a day or so I actually agree with. Even a week notice would be good. Heck I only knew about it when it happened on that day.

Phathom's post about it and the birthday of EQ was put up on the day!! How can you give notice of something to happen when you stick it up on the day it is supposed to happen?

Roshen put up a post on it when half of the day was nearly over!

Something like this needs a fair amount of adverts. Get word out there at least a week before! That's what the splash screen is for on the launchpad, the MOTD, the forums, e-mails etc.
    Geroblue and Yinla like this.
  5. guado Augur

I think part of the problem is complete lack of EFFECTIVE communication from the different departments of Sony/EverQuest: Marketing/Advertising vs Development vs Support vs all the other departments
  6. Aelenar Journeyman

Everyone loves double exp weekend, but a quicker heads up might be nice =)

I only check forums on my break at work and missed it now /cough

I stood in DSH all weekend doing nothing to get those crappy MG health updates, instead of farming exp /roflmao
  7. Potawatomi Augur

Does anyone read the launch pad messages? It says all the important things you might want to read.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The ads are normally old, so I stopped bothering
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Pwnography Augur

All of my CoTF raid lockouts have been adjusted accordingly (down to three days roughly). I haven't seen any issues, at least in new content.
  10. globeadue Lorekeeper

You need a better way of announcing this to players... I didn't play this weekend and had no idea this announcement was even made... until now when I launch my client and see it way too late... would have been nice to know start of the week rather than last minute Friday.
  11. Gythlen Augur

From my recollection, the splash page was not up until the 2 Dev notes on the Friday it was on.