Favorite EverQuest Memory (Screenshot Thread)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

As we go into the 15th Anniversary, I'd like to start sharing screenshots on social media of players' favorite EverQuest memories.

I started the thread here on Facebook Tuesday. I was more than surprised that in the last two days it's received over 400 likes, over 200 comments, and 55 shares: https://www.facebook.com/EverQuestLive/photos/a.203444836362.142391.10703556362/10151928963046363

I know not everyone likes to use Facebook or any social media. However, I'd love to see your favorite screenshots or hear your favorite memories.

Also, if you don't mind, I'd love to share your screens on social media with other players.

What do you say Norrathians? Over the last 15 years, what are your favorite EQ memories?
    Orbital101 likes this.
  2. Axem the Great Journeyman

Going to have to see if I can dig up any old screen shots when I get home, but one of my fondest memories was buffing people one at a time for naggy/vox raids and camping to the built in chat rooms so they wouldn't wear off before we engaged. Then when the call to log back in came and you were on dial up, the fight would be partway done before you even got back in.

I remember winning a roll for my frost book and not knowing what it was. I got several tells offering me tens of thousands of plat for it before I could get to the corpse to loot. I knew I had something special and that torn, frost covered book would take me on an adventure that I'll remember forever.
  3. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

The first night I ever tried alcohol I was playing EQ with a buddy of mine who was a Half Elf Ranger. This was around the Luclin release I believe. I was tanking for a group in Dreadlands at the wall with my old Wood Elf Warrior. Needless to say, after about half a drink with vodka, I was not tanking up to snuff anymore, or so I thought. Little did I know, our Shaman healer we had found and the Rogue were also friends IRL and were doing the same thing. We hit it off immediately once we realized no one was sober anymore and none of us were playing our best haha. We ended up chatting more than actually killing, and it was one of the most fun nights of EQ I ever had, I don't think I have ever laughed as hard as I did that night with some of the hijinks that ensued. It was a really fun way to turn 21 that didn't involve bar hopping and trying to shut down my liver IMO!

I wish I had some screenshots of it since memory is hazy for obvious reasons, but I'll never forget that night of EQ completely as long as I live.
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

Going through so many PCs over the years, all my earlier screenshots are long gone :(. All i can give of those are memories and stories.

I dug through my recent screenshots though as I have a folder of those i keep still. So many are screenshots of mobs/players etc in suggestive positions/poses that i found hilarious when i found them. That immature sense of humor...

There's of course the day I realized my destiny as the child of Luclin and queen of the Sirens

[IMG]

When i finally got my bunny

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Holding an entire conversation with slayer achievement links

[IMG]

And the most infamous of them all, that pops up from time to time in guild...the evil peeping gnomes!

[IMG]
  5. SaderakhBertox Augur

I've had a HDD failure or two so all the shots from 2000-2004 are gone :(

Here's a recent one. Let's call it "Monk hitching a ride..."

[IMG]
    Potawatomi, Rainbowdash and Aeonblade like this.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

wait till I get home, I have one for you =)
  7. skien Journeyman

Totally inappropriate.......I know, but i have an excellent screenshot of Xegony's purple underwear, while lying down (i.e defeated) . Don't think I can display a pic unless i upload to an on line site though of the most alluring of the planar gods.
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  8. SaderakhBertox Augur

Possible captions:

"Don't call them tights!"

Human > Iksar

Entering a zone meant for higher levels, can get you skinned, gutted, and "pretzel-ed"

[IMG]
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  9. Soulstasteyummy New Member

I have a few ones you might enjoy.

This was a rather fun image. The aftermath wasn't.
    [IMG]
    A GM event in nektulos forest, an invasion from the most vile and fearsome race in EQ
    [IMG]

And my best screenshot of my adventures in EQ...
    [IMG]
  10. TheQxx Augur

Like many others, I've lost entire years of screenshots due to hard drive crashes and such. That bums me out so bad because I actually go through my old screenshots that I do have like a yearbook or photo album. I like remembering the peoples I've played with over the years and usually, if I took a screenshot, it was because of something funny someone said or something I thought was exceptionally cool looking.

Anyway, luckily I do still have some really old ones and I'll throw some up here but for now, my favorite is of course The Fabled EQ000000.bmp. I started playing EverQuest and Quarken on December 27, 2000. According to the file properties, this seems to have been made/modified on Saturday, ‎January ‎06, ‎2001, ‏‎8:11:00 PM. I dig it for a lot of reasons mainly because I've been writing website updates for my various guilds for about 11 years now which by nature has me taking a ton of screenshots for content but I also take an excessive amount for funny stuff said in guild chat. So my innocent question seen below really unleashed the beast. Thanks, Atpeace & Jalelor...wherever you are!

I was also taking the screenshot because that was the first mammoth calf I soloed and it was probably due to the amazing green stats I now had.

[IMG]
  11. TheQxx Augur

Wednesday, ‎January ‎10, ‎2001, ‏‎4:52:54 AM - My first ever rare loot!
    [IMG]

The joys of Sense Heading
    [IMG]

Wednesday, ‎March ‎28, ‎2001, ‏‎1:01:10 AM - My first raid with what soon became my first raiding guild.
    [IMG]

A hill giant finally cons green.
    [IMG]

Finally getting an Amulet of Necropotence but I like this one because of the original skeleton model. Those ruled.
    [IMG]
    SanoBard, Augur, Obiziana and 5 others like this.
  12. Falos Augur

If you kill quarken in PVP he drops a fishbone earring
    Obiziana, TheQxx and Rainbowdash like this.
  13. Uuvin Augur

wish I knew how to post screen shots. I have one with 2 trakanon corpses.

One good memory is getting 3 skill ups in blacksmithing in a row and then another after 1 without back in 2006 towards the end of my push to 300. iirc it was 296 297 298 no skill then 299.

back when we got vet aa's, I was fighting in dragon necropolis and used staunch. got a crit on it and healed myself for 100k. that was unique for back then in 2006-7.

another good memory is going on a plane of hate raid as an enchanter and saving the raid by mezzing and keeping 13 mobs controlled during a semi wipe. holding them long enough for people to rez up and recover. that's back when it was current content and we were all after the gear that dropped.

Being in the 1st raid that took down Venril Sathir.
  14. Retty Lorekeeper

[IMG]

GDI

[IMG]

Ported to some mysterious area that wasn't even the intended area I was zoning into.

[IMG]

Seeing this guy finally face to face.

[IMG]

Sue me, I got excited.

[IMG]

Hopefully someone with post traumatic stress syndrome wasn't here at the time.

[IMG]

Miss ya guys.
  15. Pirouette Augur

Unfortunately, most of my good screenshots got lost with time and HDD wipes. However, some more recent ones (past 2 years or so) tell some interesting stories...

My box army and friend finished their Baron Yosig Skeletons (Yes, every single character here had their own. Including my SK friend Painful)
    [IMG]

I finally obtained the Aspect of the Brood! What is the first thing a dragon does, when they realize their destiny? Why, terrorize villages of course!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And don't forget: Terrorizing gnomes! (I used project illusion on my monk during the Sheriff Knotter Botter task last year to become a GIGANTIC Sessiloid. I unfortunately seem to have lost my other amusing giant-illusion screenshots but I'll post more when the task is released again)
    [IMG]

When I heard Luclin call to me, I obediently took my place in Vex Thal:
    [IMG]

Only to later fall to the forces of corruption...

[IMG]

And slay my own Queen...
    [IMG]

But little did anyone know, I'm just some crazy cat!
    [IMG]
  16. Pirouette Augur

And for anyone out there who may be wondering how to obtain the elusive illusions in this thread...

Refer to this list on Allakhazam... I wish you luck, but don't get too caught up in illusion hunting! You'll be forever broke like me! :p
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

Cute kitty!!! And a fellow worshiper of Luclin? you may very well be my soul mate...

ALL HAIL LUCLIN!

I, too, use the Akhevan perpetually. I'm awaiting the day I get a regular non-fear corrupted one...and a regular non-fear corrupted phase spider for my pet "Phasers" (I...roleplay my pet as a phase spider.. =X)
    Pirouette likes this.
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

haha I think it's a tad too late for me....

[IMG]

Those first 3 bags? yeah....
    Pirouette likes this.
  19. Jalir New Member

Finishing up a trio'd Demi run in which I got both my Dark Savant title and Erilynne, the Master's Mistress.
    [IMG]

First win on HoT Cazic event after many attempts, and lots and lots of pulling and kiting.
    [IMG]

Killin' Khati Sha somehow when it isn't broken.
    [IMG]

Best rolls.
    [IMG]
    Retty likes this.
  20. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

[IMG]

Last years Anny quest, the pool on the wall
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.