Spawn timer: Tunare + fabled question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BrokenAgain, Mar 2, 2014.

1. BrokenAgain New Member

Hello. I have done a bit of searching and could not find my exact answer.
    ..Hoping some one from the community can help

In PoGrowth, according to zam, Tunare can spawn 3 days +- 12 hours. Is this timer correct? And after Tunare was killed, will the fabled Tunare spawn in her place until the anniversary event ends? Or are they on separate spawn cycles?
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

The timer is correct, and this is just my personal experience, so its a very small sample size, but she hates me or something, and has always been the 3 days + 12. I have no experience with the Fabled, so will have to see what others may post on that.
  3. Apathy Elder

Unfortunately, I don't think the normal/fabled versions are on separate timers... It would be fun if the devs ninja-respawned the servers, so the people that perma-camp these mobs, based off the timers, would no longer have an advantage over other people. just my opinion ofcourse. GL getting Fabled Tunare or the regular one for that matter! =)
  4. BrokenAgain New Member

I have been one of those monsters. I have locked down 10 or so tunare spawns in 2 months, but that belt eludes me. I am so unlucky with the RNG. Just missed the last Tunare on my server by 10 min. Went to bed and my logs showed it was killed shortly after I left my comp. I just want that paltry 25ac clicky. Even if that's next to nothing..
  5. Apathy Elder

Lol, I wouldn't call you a monster, or even a perma-camper for that matter, unless u plan to keep Tunare down even AFTER u get what youre after. Its a legitimate plan of action; camping said mob until u get the piece youre after. But to keep a mob locked down to profit from loot rights, block others from completing tasks, or getting some neat clicky for 10 different alts is lame and just hurts the game for others.
    Ive had named mobs locked down while trying to get a certain piece, dispel 2hander, gate clicky, ...etc. I guess I can be a monster too. :oops:
  6. Tobynn Augur

Tunare does not spawn as a Fabled mob. She spawns as regular ol' Tunare in her tree, even during the anniversary period. Once the event is triggered by provoking Tunare, she despawns in the tree and respawns out in the forest -- now as The Fabled Tunare. At this point the script continues to run normally, drawing every mob in the zone towards her.

As with other scripted raid events, during this anniversary period the encounter will always produce the Fabled version.
  7. Draego Augur

Just to clarify.

Some certain scripted events (Trakanon for Bard Epic, and Feydedar for Druid epic) do not follow that logic. The events resulting from triggered turn in spawns are still scripted events, however do not produce a Fabled version of those mobs.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Fabled versions do not exist for those forceable quest spawns, and therefore they never appear as Fabled. I imagine that is fairly obvious to everyone else.

Know why Gates of Discord mobs never appear as Fabled? They don't exist, either.
  9. Draego Augur

You know, your logic at times kills me, you were the one to address the issue of Scripted Events, I addressed it further correcting a minor issue that some people may have misunderstood. Considering I had to address this very issue, with a young Bard who did not understand why the Fabled Trakanon did not spawn when they did their turn in for their epic 1.0, I feel my response to your comment above was appropriate.

Not even sure why you bothered mentioning anything about GoD mobs, since nothing has even been remotely addressed in that direction, again at times your logic is absolutely baffling to me. So if you percieved insult from my previous posting then the fault lies within you, as no insult was meant or intended. With that said your previous posting was a bit vague, so I clarified it, especially since I have already dealt with a situation like the one I described.
  10. Tobynn Augur

Not even sure why you bothered mentioning anything about forced-spawn quest mobs, since nothing has even been remotely addressed in that direction.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have no idea about Fabled spawn times, although I assumed there was just a chance to spawn a fabled instead of the normal.

However, for normal mobs, Nodyin made this post many years ago:

12. Mithrandyr Augur

I don't think that is quite correct. As far as I can tell, Cursed and Emperor are still on 7 day timers.
  13. Endo Journeyman

Vex thall is still on a 6 day timer.
  14. Draego Augur

@Mithrandyr
    Cursed is still on a 1 week timer, I am pretty sure of, as I've personally never caught the mob up twice in 1 weeks time. I have seen Emperor up twice within a week before, but not sure it if was a fluke or because of a server reset.

@ Endo
    /Agreed, by as far as I have seen as well 6 days on VT mobs, though I could be wrong since I don't overly go there...... partially due to the fact it never seems up when I do go......
  15. Draego Augur

Really ??? Seriously, you can't see how you made this a concern ??? Take a look at your own words.
    You were wrong, I simply made what you said correct, it is as simple as that. I can't help that you percieved insult or offense when none was given. You statement was obliquely generalized, which could be read by some people as "all scripted raid events" which would include these triggered events. So to clarify further, though while you may be correct concerning the examples I listed previously.
    As the "spawned or triggered" versions of these mobs do not spawn as fabled, they do still however have a Fabled version normally, and thus can be confusing to new or returning players. That information IS NOT listed, at least on Allas in those mobs forum threads, so again it can be confusing to new or returning players.
    The Fabled Trakanon
    The Fabled Faydedar

You were definitely wrong about it being an obvious fact to everyone else, considering I had to explain this very situation to a player who claimed to be new to EQ.
  16. Tharrg Augur

This is why they need to change spawn times for pre pop raid and rares . Make fabled more interesting
  17. Draego Augur

Maybe one day (probably the day before they announce the sun-downing of EQ) they will finally address that issue and swear to have it fixed and in game by the date they set to pull the kill switch.