Big Bags Are Back On Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Elizabeta Augur

Will we ever see a day when we can dye/color the bags?
  2. Gythlen Augur

I am quite excited to hear about new race/class combinations!

As for the bags? Well ... remember guys, not everyone can afford 25$. It may sound strange or alien, but teenagers play this (maybe they don't have a job) and even adults who are pinching their pennies.

Human mentality, I believe, that when one sees 'SALE' thinks something can be like 50% or more off (holiday clearance anyone?). But they are not a necessity.

Save up!
  3. Halfwise New Member

The bags are definitely way too pricey. Completely defeats the point of microtransactions...which are suppose to be MICRO. I know they need to make money. I want them to make money. But they would make more money selling to a lot of people for a few bucks then a few for a lot. That and it gets people used to the cash shop more. High priced cash shop items in a free to play are just a slow death sentence. SOE, Please take heed. Look at the success of Steam sales and the like, and lower your pricing! (Sorry about formatting. All screwy on my phone. No separate paragraphs.)
    Soloist likes this.
  4. Velora Journeyman

Everquest, and most MMO's, go FTP because it's a way to salvage the project, and gain additional revenue. The move wasn't done out of the kindness of their hearts, just the emptiness in their wallets.
  5. Halfwise New Member

Agreed. And out of love of EQ, I want them to fill their wallets. However, I have an internal definition of value for specific items... Therefore, no matter how much I love EQ, I won't foot $25 for a bag.

It may sound counter-intuitive, but I truly believe lowering their prices would bring them A LOT more money. Lower the cost of a bag from 2500 SC to 500 SC. (And make all other SC items about 1/5 cost..on average)

Gold members can get a little present for being gold with their monthly allowance. (Otherwise, a bag would require FIVE MONTHS of saving.)
    Whales can spend more money to get a bunch for their chars and all their alts.
    Silvers and Free2Play can drop an amount around the price of a Starbucks coffee, and get a little something.
    People will be more likely to buy items, not just the few with so much money, they don't care about trying to save.
    Massive bag inflation prices will be reduced... cause they can just go to the SC store instead (money in your pocket).
    People who normally won't spend money but really want that bag will do so. $25 enables stubborness. $5 can be easily justified.
    More regular income, happier customers, everybody wins.

This isn't about wanting to get a deal. I want to help you make money, SOE.
    Roxxanna and Dexar like this.
  6. Velora Journeyman

Yes, when steam lowers prices for their steam sales i believe (iirc) their revenue on those days goes up 2000%. Now, that only happens because it is not an everyday thing, it's a special. But, if Sony lowered their prices on items I would spend a lot of money, compared to the zero I spend now.
  7. Fluid Augur

Just accept that it is a new pricing model for MMPOG and mistakes will be made. You don't want to lowball on your first round because you will then offend people if the price has to go up.

Take some consolation in the fact that you get to be part of the test group.

There's a lot of masters to feed. People that register their displeasure every time something is made easier, people that see inventory management as an integral part of the gen're.

A way, one of many, to market is maximize the amount people pay to what is comfortable to them. i.e. Find out which people are willing to pay $25 and have them pay that. Wait. Find out which people are willing to pay $20. Wait ... The 'wait's give people some degree of satisfaction in that they get immediate exclusive use for paying a premium: No buyer's remorse. It isn't SONY's first kiss. What did a Walkman cost when they first came out? Something like $340?
  8. Sinzz Augur

how long does it take to get the bags delivered I paid for a order of bags yet I didn't receive instantly like I thought I would and they still haven't been delivered but station cash is gone
  9. Sinzz Augur

found them they were in rewards I had that minimized so never saw them go there
  10. uberkingkong Augur

Station Cash is used through all Sony games correct? Would it be smart to save for EQNext? Has it been confirmed if EQ will continue to roll out expansions when EQNext goes live?
  11. Milfurd Augur

EQ is looking more like Diablo 3. Lets not work for anything buy everything.
    Soloist likes this.
  12. Feradach Augur

It has been confirmed. EQNext is not a replacement for EQ in any way, shape or form. In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see EQ outlive EQNext.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Ipod New Member

so what actually " Heroic characters" are ?
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

A heroic character is a character that starts at level 85.

We should have more information on how these will work in EverQuest as we get closer to the launch of these in mid-March.
  15. Mournblade Lorekeeper

It would be great if these bags were tradable.
    Cervelo likes this.
  16. AB_H'Sishi Augur

AFAIK the market bags have "HEIRLOOM" flag, means you can transfer them to any chars of the account which buys those bags, using the Shared Bank. But I don't know if you can use the parcel system and if you can do a cross-server transfer.
  17. Roxxanna Augur

Lower the price of the bags, 500, and I'd by several, but I'm not paying what you're asking now.
  18. Potsos76 Augur

I'll admit I haven't bought much from the marketplace, but I was absolutely floored when I saw the price for these bags. That is borderline insane. I'm sure people with huge disposable incomes couldn't care less, but I cannot imagine spending $25 for a bag.

However -- and I will never understand why companies don't think this way -- I would probably end up spending way, WAY more money in the Marketplace if the prices were lower.